“Love This Hotel”
Review of Lloyd's Inn

Lloyd's Inn
Ranked #55 of 319 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I checked in with my wife and daughter, we stayed in the reading room. i like the room its nice and comfy. They even have a breakfast with the kiliney kopitiam. They have their own coffee, teh tarik, milo , ice and vending machine in the patio. The hotel is around 5-10 mins walk from somerset mrt station. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Theres Free Wifi in the room, but the connection disconnect allllot. But i dislike the garden enviroment cause there are ants around my bed. it causes my daughter have rashes in her body. Other than that nothing bed about my stay here, They even give us a cookies after they make up our room to welcome us back. hahaha ... Overall I Love This Hotel... Will stay here again when im back to Singapore.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Yekz
LloydsInn, Owner Representative at Lloyd's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Yekz,

Thank you very much for your review on Tripadvisor. We are glad that you enjoyed your Reading Room experience, but sorry to hear about your daughter's rashes; we hope she's recovered well. Glad that you enjoyed the welcome-back cookies! We look forward to seeing you back at Lloyd's Inn on your next trip to Singapore.

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

I went there just over a weekend and stayed in business room, which is a loft studio. The room was beyond my expectation and was really nice. The layout was smart and makes the room really spacious (with bed on top floor). Shower was great and complimentary toiletries were offered as well (which is not expected for a small boutique hotel). The location is awesome just 8-10 mins walk to orchard. I didn't try the breakfast but heard it's good. Given it's a business room, it comes with a desk and tv that projects your laptop, if appropriate setup was done. I played a bit with it for curiosity sake and realized the only point of improvement for this hotel, it's kinda dysfunctional given the distance of desk and tv is quite far. So it's quite challenging for you to look ahead of the tv while controlling your laptop at the desk. May not be useful if I am really here for business. But i wasn't, so it's fine. Overall, it's a great, clean, sufficient and perfectly located hotel. I'll definitely come back or recommending this hotel.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank orangebee99

Dear orangebee99,

Thank you very much for your kind review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at The Business Room and are recommending us to your friends. Do come back next time - We certainly look forward to welcoming you back at Lloyd's Inn :)

Reviewed 29 July 2014

stayed at Lloyds for 2N. Overall the stay was pretty good, the bed was nice and comfy and the room smells clean and very new still. The outdoor bathroom was an interesting concept. Loved the toiletries made available, esp the shower gel. smelt fantastic, had wanted to ask the front desk what brand it was, but forgot about it.

I liked the proximity to food places and a 24h supermarket for late night snacking. One downside is the choice of tv programmes available, guess there could have been more options.

It was overall nice and quiet and had a lovely time. Would consider coming back again for a relaxing break away from the hustle and bustle of the daily grind.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear amblingalp_sg,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor. We're extremely glad to hear that you enjoyed the rain shower experience, and your stay at Lloyd's Inn overall. Good that you managed to get that well deserved break away from the hustle bustle. We look forward to seeing you back again.

P.s. The shower gel is a customized scent with white tea fragrance ;)

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I lived in Lloyd's Inn for 4 nights with my friends. It's located at a very convenient place thus quiet and peaceful. 5min walk to the MRT, lots of restaurants just a few steps away, watson, 24h supermarket...u name it.The staffs there were very polite and helpful. The room was fantastic, with modern design and beautiful outdoor rainshower. One of the best I've been to.The pool was very small but I loved it because no one would disturb u there.
There r so many things I like about it. Will definetely live there again when I go to singapore! Highly recommended!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear DonnaFeiWang,

Thank you very much for your positive review! We're immensely glad to hear you enjoyed your 4 days with us. We're also glad you enjoyed the comfy beds and rainshower. We definitely look forward to welcoming you back again at Lloyd's Inn.

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

I chose this hotel to celebrate my 21st after reading so many good reviews about it and my expectations was high of this place. My fiancé called in to enquire if we could check in earlier although we understand that standard check in time will be at 3pm. Nasri was the one who picked up the phone. He gave us a one word answer and hang up on my fiancé. And because he hates to be hung up on, he called the hotel again and told nasri that he is not done talking but nasri just replied with an 'okay' instead of being rather apologetic. So he email lloyd inn to complain but nasri replied and didnt even sound very apologetic. His reply was rather insincere. His hotel manager kelvin took over the matter.
We arrived at about 1pm because we wanted to meet the manager to let him know we were not happy about what happened earlier but unfortunately kelvin was busy handling another guest. Upon check in, nasri was the one who attended to us and he knows that we were the one who complained but not even the word 'sorry' came out from his mouth. Not even a smile! But when other guest came in, he was being very attentive and helpful. I wonder if its just double standards.. We didnt even find fault with him in the first place why cant he treat us equally?
Soon after, Kelvin came to our room. He was kind enough to apologize and extend our late check out complimentary. But although all the staff knew that it was my birthday, none of the staff actually wished me. When i saw the reviews from other guest, they actually gotten gifts from the hotel but i didnt even get anything at all.. Which was very disappointing. Because i picked the hotel to celebrate my birthday when i could have chosen other hotels. It is the simple gestures of just wishing Happy Birthday will definitely make my day but unfortunately i didnt receive any.
Well, one thing i cant deny is that the hotel is very lovely but the service is not there. I dont blame them because the hotel is relatively new. But its really unfair when they do double standards. The hotel should treat every guest equally.
Upon check out, Fifi apologized to us on behalf of nasri and it did make me feel a lot better.
I will come back again because of the rooms but not because of the service. It was a terrible disappointment because i really expected my birthday to be well spent at the hotel.

Stayed: July 2014
6  Thank nrfrna

Dear nrfrna,

We are terribly sorry to hear of your less than satisfactory experience at Lloyd's Inn. We apologize for the poor level of service you received and admit that we could have done better. We also apologize on behalf of the staff that served you; we agree that the staff could have been more attentive. Despite this, we would like to thank you for your feedback and assure you that actions have been taken to improve on this aspect.

Thank you.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

A great small hotel with all the things a hotel should have. The beds were very comfy and I had a great nights sleep every night, despite jetlag. The room was clean and well presented. A nice addition was and outdoor shower which was a great experience. They also had a pool and a tea and coffee making area. Another little suprise was the daily occurence of small freshly baked cakes in my room. Good transport links to the city and right next to orchard road and sommerset MRT.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Charliewooding
LloydsInn, Owner Representative at Lloyd's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Charliewooding,

Thank you for your positive review of Lloyd's Inn. We're pleased that you found our beds comfortable for a good night's rest to ease away jetlag. We're also glad that you liked the small treats and the location of the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back at Lloyd's Inn.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Staycation seems to be the only viable choice to spend our short break during June as my wife was approaching 3rd trimester.

We were deciding between a normal standard room in one of the 5 star hotels or the sky room in Lloyd.

Finally,we decided on Llyod's Inn as we do not want to stay in a conventional standard room of a hotel.
Llyod's Inn offered something more exciting for us. From the reviews and images from the website, we were keeping our fingers crossed in case it is a disappointment.

When we arrive at the hotel, t just proved that we made the right choice!

The place is a gem in the mist of the busy town. We were able to relax in the natural greenery. The room is brightly lit with natural light, clean and the amazing outdoor bathroom is as impressive as u see it on the website. The entire design of the hotel is well thought out. It has a loft study area with a long stretch of window for u to admire the greens outside. Your whole mood simply becomes at peace and the body becomes so relax naturally.

After checking in, we took a short 3 min stroll to Kilnney road where there are plenty of delicious snacks (baos, curry puffs, biscuits, etc). We bought a few nibbles then continue to The Central where we start our GSS shopping!

We shop our hearts out and ended our day with a late night movie. Without the need to pay mid night charges, we took a stroll back to our hotel.
Overall, the hotel has a god location and the design is definitely very good, modern unlike other conventional hotel. It is also value for money as well. I will be back again.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank MrDaveSim

Dear Dave,

Thank you for your positive review of Lloyd's Inn. We're glad that you and your wife enjoyed your staycation at The Big Sky Room. Its good to hear that you managed to do some GSS shopping too while you were in town! Do check out another of our 8 rooms next time. We look forward to welcoming you back.