“Good hotel at a reasonable price”

Days Hotel Singapore At Zhongshan Park
Ranked #52 of 306 Hotels in Singapore
Singapore, Singapore
“Good hotel at a reasonable price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2013

Had a impromptu staycation at this newly opened property after reading some nice reviews from Tripadvisors.
Days hotel at Zhongshan Park is located right at the edge of Zhongshan Parl and it is easily accessible via buses from Novena MRT station. The hotel provided free shuttle service too, which pick up guests at the back of Novena Square.
The rooms are very new and though the size of the room I stayed was a little bit small, but it is good enough for budget travellers or someone who just wish to have a decent sleep and shower. Though there is a construction just beside the hotel, but I wasn't affected at all. The night was quiet and it was a nice stay for me.

The restaurant located within the hotel, 21 on Rajah serves pretty nice food which I guess I will patronise again in near future. And for those Chicken rice lover, Boon Tong Kee is quite across the street.

Room Tip: Request for a higher floor
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LKKBen
Tony_Cousens_GM, General Manager at Days Hotel Singapore At Zhongshan Park, responded to this review, 21 February 2013
Thank you for your kind review. We are glad that we have lived up to our vision in providing you with the "best value under the sun."
We look forward to your next visit to The Days Hotel Singapore at Zhongshan Park, and perhaps you could try our Ramada hotel, which is located next to Zhongshan Park and the Zhongshan Shopping Mall which will be opening in May, on your next staycation! We are sure that you would be equally surprised by our new Ramada hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2013

After looking at hotels for hours, my husband and myself decided to stay at this hotel. It is NEW the bathrooms are clean the rooms are a bit on the small side but its way better than all the other options that's out there. We also got a discount booking through agoda.com clean area, no prostitutes in the area, we didn't have to worry about our luggages while we were gone. The staff was excellent. They even have a free shuttle to the train station. I would definately say pay the extra money for peace of mind and a clean relaxed stay. Oh and did I mention free wifi?? The restaurant is good. And there are more options around the hotel. Safe area, if I'm ever in Singapore again. No doubt this is where im staying. Pricey but worth the peace of mind!!

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank TheJamaicanTraveler
Tony_Cousens_GM, General Manager at Days Hotel Singapore At Zhongshan Park, responded to this review, 7 February 2013
Thank you for your kind feedback. We are delighted that your stay at The Days Hotel Singapore at Zhongshan Park was a memorable one, and that you enjoyed our friendly service and smart amenities, like our free wifi. We strive to provide the “best service and value under the sun” to all our guests and hope that we have lived up to our promise.

We look forward to being of service to you again on your next visit to Singapore.
Bridport, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2013

Booked hotel with flight deal through Expedia.com.

Arrived in Singapore and jumped into a taxi at the airport, the driver knew the road the hotel is located on, but wasn't aware that the hotel was even open and had never been there before, as it is that new. Found the hotel with no issues.

Check-in was somewhat lengthy as there was only one member of staff and about 6 people ahead of me in 3 groups all trying to check-in too. Some confusion about paying a deposit, as I didn't have a credit card and I was reluctant to pay cash from what little I had on me at the time. Managed to convince the friendly chap on reception that I would not drink from the minibar or have breakfast, and if I did, I would pay for it in cash. Check-in took about 25 mins, got the impression that some additional training is in order, but as it is a very new hotel, I am sure this will be rectified soon enough.

Great rooms, all the comfort you need, brand new, high quality finish throughout.

Terrible TV channel choice though (no music, no films etc).

Location wasn't an issue (as some other reviews suggest), although there is not much in the area in the way of shops or restaurants, but I just headed over to Orchard anyhow. Even though I wasn't aware of a shuttle bus service (not sure why the staff didn't mention this), I just requested a taxi from reception and one turned up within a few minutes each time. Fare to Orchard Road was roughly $8 (about £4GBP), and takes 5 mins.

Would definitely stay again. Very good value for money, friendly staff, smart rooms, nice and quiet.

Have stayed in Singapore many times and had worse hotels for over double the price.

2 Thank Jonnyenglish67
Tony_Cousens_GM, General Manager at Days Hotel Singapore At Zhongshan Park, responded to this review, 6 February 2013
Thank you for your kind feedback. We are happy to have pleased you with our "best value under the sun" and our friendly service. We are, however, disappointed that the shuttle bus service information was not communicated upon check-in to you. We apologise for the inconvenience, and have raised your experience up to our assocaites to ensure our future guests are well-informed of the amenities and service that we have at The Days Hotel Singapore at Zhongshan Park. In addition, for our guests' convenience, our Zhongshan Shopping Mall will open in May along with our Ramada Hotel.

We look forward to being of service to you the next time you visit SIngapore, and we will review the TV channel choices for both hotels.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2013

While rooms are new and clean, I would have a hard time recommending this hotel. Their staff was very friendly, but they need more training. I used Expedia to book my reservations, and then ended up extending for an extra day due to change in plans. This confused front desk stuff and I spend good part of an hour sorting things out. Come on, it's not that hard to figure it all out!

Another area of concern for me was location: it is far from just about anything, including metro stop. If you drive this should not really matter, but I would guess many guests arrive hoping to use public transport.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for taking your time to provide us feedback. We are disappointed that the check-in took longer than usual and we apologise for the delay. We will raise your experience to our service team as part of our training exercise to ensure we serve our future guests better.

You may be interested to know that we have a free shuttle bus service that takes you to the nearest train station, which is only 2 train stops away from Singapore’s famous shopping district, Orchard Road. Also in May, our Zhongshan Shopping Mall will be open along with our Ramada Hotel for our guests' convenience.

Once again, please accept our apology and we hope to be of service to you again when you visit Singapore.
Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2013

I had chosen Days hotel as it was the right hotel for me to have a good rest during my one week medical treatment. On arrival, it took around 20mins to check in with lots of verification to show all guests passports (that's only 3 of us for 2 rooms). Booked a twin room, somehow not available and was given a queen bed. Stayed on the 14th floor & city view was magnificient. Room amenities was complete & it was definitely rated a 4star hotel. Personally,this hotel was more suited for couple as the shower glass was transparent (no blind or curtain provided) and silhouette can be easily seen. Also, i found the bed was a bit hard and woke up with a backache for the following days as well. I love the frequent & punctual shuttle bus service which drop us to Novena Square Mall - direct link to Novena MRT. As this is a brand new hotel, many taxi drivers still are not awared of it. Make sure you have printed the address on streetdirectory.com, like what i do. Catching a taxi to town was always a problem as it was not located next to the main road. On last sat, fire alarm ran off couple of times during the early morning and they are able to handle the situation calmly through the room PA system. The overall surrounding was quiet and i can presume it will be the next hip area in singapore after the Ramada hotel & its mall had been completed. I am so lucky to be able to grab the 20%off special opening rate for this month.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking your time to provide us with feedback. We apologise for the delay during check-in. Our associates are currently undertaking extra training to ensure that we can serve our guests better. Nevertheless, we are pleased that you like our room amenities and shuttle bus service.

If you would like to take a cab instead of our free shuttle bus service, just approach one of our friendly Front Office associates and we will be happy to book a cab for you.

We look forward to being of service to you again on your next trip to Singapore.
Denpasar, Bali, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

Pleasantly surprised and I almost feel guilty for giving away one of Singapore's best secret! It's so new, nobody knows about this wonderful hotel!
STAFF:Everyone had a smile on their faces-from housekeeping to bell service, to back office. They were courteous, eager to help and very quick in the all areas.
HOTEL ROOM: Exceptionally designed in esthetics and space efficiency. They had all the amenities beyond a basic hotel of that price. I was very impressed about how well all the details were thought out.
LOCATION: Very convenient and close to Orchard Road, MRT station, shopping, etc...Oh, by way of a shuttle that they offer every hour. (A small negative, but it's no prob for me!)
The best part was that I got a really great deal on this hotel, at a price that is unheard of in Singapore. An Amazing value for a top notch hotel that I had very little expectations of!

Room Tip: Ask for the Park View!
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
T_Cousens, General Manager at Days Hotel Singapore At Zhongshan Park, responded to this review, 29 January 2013
Thank you for your kind feedback. We are glad you enjoyed our rooms and service at The Days Hotel Singapore at Zhongshan Park. Our team are pleased to hear that we have lived up to our service culture of providing the 'best service and value under the sun', and exceeded your expectations.

We hope you had a pleasant trip to Singapore and we look forward to being of service to you again.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2013

This is a new property along Ballisier Road and has only been open for 3 weeks. There is construction going on at the Ramada next door, but I don't hear it at night. Wonderful service as you would expect and unpretentious staff. On par with the Hyatt Regency as far as quality and cleanliness. Only two drawbacks, and you get what you pay for typically, is that they have no pool and the nearest MRT station is 20 minutes walk. They solve that problem with a wonderful shuttle service and friendly driver. I would recommend this property to friends, family or business associates alike. It's in a good part of town and felt very safe walking around. Thanks to all the wonderful staff

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for your kind feedback. We are pleased to hear that The Days Hotel Singapore at Zhongshan Park has delighted you with our service, quality and cleanliness.

You may be interested in our Ramada Hotel Singapore if you would like to make use of pool facilities, which is opening in May, and best of all, it is at Zhongshan Park too.

We look forward to being of service to you again.