US$320
US$293
  • Pool
Park Hotel Clarke Quay(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$160
US$121
Official Website
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$153/night.

Marina Mandarin Singapore(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$232
US$209
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Changi Airport(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$224
US$184
  • Restaurant
Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore(Singapore)
US$375
US$217
Savings alert! 43% below average rates

The price you found is 43% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$381/night.

Park Regis Singapore(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$221
US$624
US$690
US$586
Priceline
All reviewslavender mrtbed and breakfastmrt stationsharing roomwatch tvfood stallspleasant staybackpackershostelkopitiamtoiletsupermarketreceptionist
Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

Went with 4 other buddies. Took a 6 bedded room. Had a blast. Very clean rooms and showers. Staff were very hospitable and accomodating. Highly reccomended especially if going on a group outing. Its loads of fun. Just like being in boarding school only way cleaner and nicer smelling.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Felix Jason P
GustiSG, Owner at GUSTI Bed & Breakfast Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Hi Felix,

Thank you so much for the positive reviews.

We are so glad to have you and your mates at our hostel. We do hope to welcome you guys back soon again.

Regards to everyone.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

the hostel is clean (room, bathroom, livingroom)
the staff are very nice and friendly (thank you audrey and sue)
the location is great! near the mrt station, bus stop, groceries, and some cafe (kopitiam 24hr)

it's a great experience to stay iin this hostel..

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Oryzavica

Hello Ory,

So nice to read to your positive feedback.

Its so encouraging to know that you had enjoyed your stay with us.

Please do come again. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

we stayed here for 2 nights. the room is clean, near the lavender MRT, the staff is nice and friendly. near restaurants and groceries store. i had a great experience. they could help you to buy universal tickets with a cheaper price.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Le H

Hi Le,

Thank you for your review.
Its so nice to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

Pros:

- cheaper than most of the hostels in the city. For SG$25, it's really a good find in Singapore.
- accessible. It is just around 5 min walking distance from Lavender Station which makes going around easier. Close to restaurants, ATM and shops.
- good internet. I worked during my 3 nights stay there during the evening and I never had a problem with their fast and reliable internet.
- customer service. Sue is really commendable with her service. I asked for their laundry service coz I run out of clothes and she managed to sort my clothes in 1.5 hours despite the short notice. She also gave excellent tips. It was my second time in SG but my first time as a solo traveler and without the comfort of fancy hotels and guides.
- value for your money. You get everything you paid for and more. I never thought there's a way to do Singapore in a cheap way.
- bathrooms and rooms are sparkling clean.

Cons:
- it isnt famous yet with all the Western backpackers and majority of the guests are Indonesians and other Asians (no offense with Indonesians, I sooo love them) so if you are looking to "talk" with people, it's going to be a tough deal because of the language barrier. However, I managed to use this as learning curve for me and despite being really hard to converse with my fellow guests, I gained some friends and got invitations to visit their countries (which I will next year)

- It would be better if each bunk has curtains like my favorite hostel in Makati. It helps a lot to ensure better sleep and privacy for guests.

Overall, I am satisfied and will definitely come back.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank trigger_elf

Hello,

Thank you for the awesome review. Its really encouraging to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We will try to look into the curtains part, maybe that will be a part to improve our rooms in the future.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our hostel.

Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

Very easy to find hostel. Staff were very nice, flexible even. Would have loved if she had put us in one of the many empty rooms instead of filling the room of 8. Rude occupants turned lights on while people slept, were noisy & made the a/c 29degrees. It would have been cooler outside! Terrible sleep thanks to the noise of some travellers (with kids!) who came in to nearby room around midnight.

All that wouldn't have been so bad but the next day I was itchy. And the bites started appearing. Not sure if bed bugs or Mosquitos (windows were closed) but I've never had such an allergic reaction. 4 days later and I'm still on antihistamines & calamine lotion. A great start to my 2 week holiday.
Would never stay here again.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank bonadette
BernieLee, Owner at GUSTI Bed & Breakfast Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2013

Dear Bonardette

Thank you for your review and I apologise for this late reply. I was overseas and when I returned I needed to investigate your complaint before replying you.

We are indeed very sorry to hear of your issue with the bed bugs as I can only imagine the irritation from the itch you must have been feeling for the rest of your holidays, yes it s not a good way to start a holiday. I know, as I have been bitten before also on a recent holiday and as I have learnt, each person reacts differently and I m one of those with a bad allergy to it.

As you may know most hostels and even 5 star hotels are unfortunately not resistant to these horrific pests as they are great travelers and we have been constantly monitoring our site to prevent such an occurance but due to the high turnover, we might have overlooked the seriousness of an infected bed and these pests breed fast and furious.

Ever since your complaint we have guarantined that room while we spent hours stripping the beds and ensuring all corners and crevices have been treated as you know our beds are wooden frames and hence many hiding places. We have chemically treated as well as gassed the room and basically inspected the whole room with a fine tooth comb. We are confident it is free of any bugs for now and we will continue to monitor our whole hostel very closely.

We do hope that we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Gusti Bnb in the future and should you have any queries, do write to us directly and we would be pleased to answer it .

Wishing you and your family a good week ahead.
Sincerely yours