“makes you feel like home”

GUSTI Bed & Breakfast Singapore
Reviewed 28 January 2014

For gusti

Staying in another country for a few days will most likely require a cheap and cozy place to sleep in. And this is what I've found in Gusti. I've been to different countries but nothing seemed to have offered me with safety, coziness, and very hospitable people to be with. The place is very affordable for back-packing individuals like me, also, the people who handles the place are very accommodating. Make you feel like home.

Special thanks to Sue!

-Karen Batino

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank true_karen
GustiSG, Owner at GUSTI Bed & Breakfast Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

HI Karen,

Thank you for your kind review.

Glad to know Sue welcomed you warmly and make you feel like home.

Do come back again and stay with us.

Cheers,

Audrey Musa

Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

Thanks Gusti.
I stayed 2 nights at the Gusti b&b. Clean, free potable water, good shower and good staff :). Shared room and easy to get there by train.

Pour ceux qui sont actif avec couchsurfing, vous pouvez obtenir un rabais si vous passer par le site de CS.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Anthony B

Hi Anthony,

Thank you so much for the awesome review. Every review we receive strive us to do better for all our guests.

We sure hope you will be back again.

Audrey Musa

Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

Went with 4 other buddies. Took a 6 bedded room. Had a blast. Very clean rooms and showers. Staff were very hospitable and accomodating. Highly reccomended especially if going on a group outing. Its loads of fun. Just like being in boarding school only way cleaner and nicer smelling.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Felix Jason P
GustiSG, Owner at GUSTI Bed & Breakfast Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Hi Felix,

Thank you so much for the positive reviews.

We are so glad to have you and your mates at our hostel. We do hope to welcome you guys back soon again.

Regards to everyone.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

the hostel is clean (room, bathroom, livingroom)
the staff are very nice and friendly (thank you audrey and sue)
the location is great! near the mrt station, bus stop, groceries, and some cafe (kopitiam 24hr)

it's a great experience to stay iin this hostel..

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Oryzavica

Hello Ory,

So nice to read to your positive feedback.

Its so encouraging to know that you had enjoyed your stay with us.

Please do come again. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

Having travelled extensively in S.E. Asia over the past 3 months and Europe in the past. I can safely say this is the best hostel experience I have ever had. The staff are amazing, very friendly and hospitable. They make a real effort to get to know you and make introductions to other guests. I had been on an early morning flight into Singapore, and expected to have to wait around until check in time like almost every hostel however, Sue insisted that I got some badly needed rest immediately, which was just the tonic after a sleepless night. The hostel itself is very clean, air conditioned has fast wifi and is in a great location! Would recommend to solo travellers, couples and groups! A big thank you to Sue, Bernie and Audrey for their kind hospitality. (This is the also the first time I have taken the time to write up a review which is a great reflection on the hostel and staff)

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank adc00002

Hi Anton,

Gosh, your review is totally awesome. Thank you so much.

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Have fun in Australia and do visit us again.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

we stayed here for 2 nights. the room is clean, near the lavender MRT, the staff is nice and friendly. near restaurants and groceries store. i had a great experience. they could help you to buy universal tickets with a cheaper price.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Le H

Hi Le,

Thank you for your review.
Its so nice to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

Pros:

- cheaper than most of the hostels in the city. For SG$25, it's really a good find in Singapore.
- accessible. It is just around 5 min walking distance from Lavender Station which makes going around easier. Close to restaurants, ATM and shops.
- good internet. I worked during my 3 nights stay there during the evening and I never had a problem with their fast and reliable internet.
- customer service. Sue is really commendable with her service. I asked for their laundry service coz I run out of clothes and she managed to sort my clothes in 1.5 hours despite the short notice. She also gave excellent tips. It was my second time in SG but my first time as a solo traveler and without the comfort of fancy hotels and guides.
- value for your money. You get everything you paid for and more. I never thought there's a way to do Singapore in a cheap way.
- bathrooms and rooms are sparkling clean.

Cons:
- it isnt famous yet with all the Western backpackers and majority of the guests are Indonesians and other Asians (no offense with Indonesians, I sooo love them) so if you are looking to "talk" with people, it's going to be a tough deal because of the language barrier. However, I managed to use this as learning curve for me and despite being really hard to converse with my fellow guests, I gained some friends and got invitations to visit their countries (which I will next year)

- It would be better if each bunk has curtains like my favorite hostel in Makati. It helps a lot to ensure better sleep and privacy for guests.

Overall, I am satisfied and will definitely come back.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank trigger_elf

Hello,

Thank you for the awesome review. Its really encouraging to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We will try to look into the curtains part, maybe that will be a part to improve our rooms in the future.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our hostel.