We stayed here Nov 2012, as a stopover enroute to cheaper SE Asia countries. The first night we arrived after a late international flight (11pm) so were just looking to get showered and sleep. Unfortunately the hotel got off to a bad start: the lights didn't work in our first room, so we got moved to a tiny box room with no windows right next to reception and were told that for our second night we'd be moved to a better room (we'd booked a more expensive room with windows). 15 minutes later we got a knock on the door and told we could move next door to a bigger room. This turned out to be more of a storeroom as there was a stack of towels and staff cooking equipment in the room. The next morning we moved AGAIN to a proper room, this time with a window, but unfortunately as it was on the 2nd level and facing the road it was very noisy and difficult to sleep.
- If you get an early booking discount, it's not too expensive - for Singapore that is
- Very well located in Bugis near shopping, food and transport and it's on the direct MRT line to the airport (which is why we booked in the first place)
- Clean enough, though could definitely do with a bit more cleaning
- Secure and reception is open 24 hours
- Can store your luggage after checkout
- Tiny rooms, and the cheaper ones have no windows and are literally like a box
- No sheets, just a blanket so you need to fiddle with the aircon temperature or else you freeze
- Like many Asian bathrooms the shower is in with the toilet so it's a squeeze and everything gets wet
If you get a discount rate, you're planning on spending most of your time out and about, and you want a room with a private bathroom, then it's pretty good value for Singapore. But it's not memorable (in a good way anyway!) in any other way.
- Also Known As:
- Econ Inn @ Beach Road Singapore