Econ Inn @ Beach Road
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Singapore
See available hotels
The Sultan(Singapore)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Boss(Singapore)
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 August 2013

THe location of this hotel is good - <5 mins from MRT ; Raffles Place a <10 mins walk ! The staff on the whole are friendly ( and against all the odds ) battling to provide any sort of service !
I had a deluxe room - pokey with a wet room glass-partitioned off in the corner. The was reasonably comfortable BUT :
Long, black hairs all over the place - bedding, tiled floors etc
Empty Durex wrapper still under the bed !
TV didn't work despite the attempts of a nice maintenance man bringing up a substitute remote control
No soap !
Air con controlled by the receptionist on the front desk !!
Lots of noise from pipes, air con machines etc - bring ear plugs !

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We had the worst stay ever in this hotel. Room were mouldy, literally on every wall especially toilets glass door..poorly maintain as tap were almost rusty and amenities like cup are dusty. Bedsheets had hair, pillow were stained, towels had hole on them. We were unable to sleep comfortable wary of the dirt and mould surrounding us. When the tiny room gets too cold, switching off the aircon means u have to forcefully smell the strong dampness and moist in the room. Very hazardous especially with room filled with moulds. Poor ventilation due to no window, so AVOID room without window even if its cheap. Dirt cheap price will just ruin your whole stay in Singapore.

The ONLY pros about this hotel are their superb WIFI (super strong signal) and location.
But I will never compromise my comfort for the above pros.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2013

I'm looking for budget/family inn at Sg beside Hotel Fragrance/81 chains and I found this Econ Inn, read reviews carefully before you book, thankfully I did it, superior room have windows, small minimalis room but hey it's quite good deal for expensive Sg rate, tips: you can ask staff to cover bathroom with wallpaper when you book, but nothing can beat the location, superb! walking distance to (24 hours? at least untill midnight) hawker, bugis junction, mini market, MRT, since you don't have breakfast here.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank ffsebastian
Reviewed 12 May 2013

This is the worst nightmare of any traveller! We checked in and after being shown our room wanted to walk straight out. All the walls were covered in mould and fungus!! The smell was horrific. I can't believe this is legal?? I don't think if anyone knew just how gross this place is they would be allowed to operate as a hotel. We asked for a room that wasn't mouldy and got given a room that was still mouldy but with less stains on walls and ceiling. After one night in this hotel I felt sick, we asked again if there were ANY rooms at all at the hotel that weren't mouldy, we would have paid extra and everything but every single room we were shown, windows or no windows, on every floor of the hotel, was still mouldy!! The room we ended up in still had hair in the drain, layers of mould on the sink, my new bedsheets had hair in them, you don't get a hair dryer, there's no soap or nothing. Shower was broken and towel we were given was all torn... it was insane. Our entire experience of singapore was ruined by this hotel and I would hate for anyone else to experience this. That's why I'm here leaving this review, stay as far away from this place as you can!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Valentina P
Reviewed 11 April 2013

We booked the superior rooms, location is good, near the bugis shopping market and restaurant areas, short walk from bugis mrt.

The rooms are good overall, comfortable beds, acceptable bathrooms, good ac, blazing fast internet, heaters are working fine, staff are ok.

Room Tip: Get the superior rooms, highest floor, queen bed.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple