“Awesome wedding dinner”

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Attended a wedding at Tamarind and was blown away by the service, ambience and food! As it was my first time there, I didn't know what to expect, but boy was it lovely! The fairy lights, bar in the middle and all the lovely secluded little gem hidden away from the hustle and bustle of Singapore! On top of that, the staff were extremely attentive and friendly, accommodating every request we have! Most importantly, the food was yummy! I had the creamiest Tom yum soup and the fish was so fresh, with the right amount of tang! Everything about the restaurant, food and staff was just so warm and cosy and comfortable! Loved it!

1  Thank Wanz G

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I've lived in Singapore for almost 8 years, so when some friends came to visit from out of town, I really wanted to try something new for our evening with them. I searched TripAdvisor for "best Thai restaurant in Singapore," and Tamarind Hill popped up. I had never heard of it before, so we decided to give it a try.

WOW! We loved it. The ambiance is beautiful and unique, the seating is spacious (not cramped like so many restaurants), the drink and food menus are both very ample, there were plenty of vegetarian options, and the hostess even came over and explained the history of the building (which was built in 1873).

The only things I would change: I wouldn't say the service staff were the "best" we've ever had (not particularly "happy" in their posts, perhaps) and they could do with some more artwork on the walls. But otherwise, we really enjoyed this place.

It's a bit tricky to find - be sure to use your GPS or make sure your taxi driver knows exactly where to go.

Oh, and it's not "inexpensive" - we paid $400 for 6 people, and that included a bottle of wine.

1  Thank BrendaB247365
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Had dinner at Tamarind Hill om 13 June with my wife. Great ambience... Tables were sufficiently far apart so that everyone can have a good private conversation. Food was good but rather pricy. Then again, I knew that its a Thai Fine dining restaurant and I was prepared for it. Overall good food with great staff and amazing ambience.

1  Thank Kevin C
Reviewed 9 June 2018

We stayed in the Villa Samadhi & had breakfast here twice which was very good , we also had dinner here & that was also very good, a great choice of Thai food in a lovely setting away from the city

1  Thank craig m
Reviewed 8 June 2018

stunning ambience and lovely starter platter. Excellent service...thank you to the bar manager for all his help

1  Thank kiwisNZ_7