“Great service”

PARKROYAL on Pickering
Ranked #25 of 314 Hotels in Singapore
“Great service”
Reviewed 15 April 2013

This hotel just opened and everything is an excitment! A lot of attention to details in the rooms but also in the main area. Breakfast is very good and the service is outstanding. I would only recommand them to increase the bandwitch for their WIFI since it was quite slow. Also the lounge at the top floor give an amazing view of Singapore! the food though was not so impressive at the lounge.. that was a shame not to have better snack to go with the champagne

Room Tip: the room are really brand new sometimes the pillow can still smell the "too new" so wait a...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (498)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 14 April 2013

I am planning to stay in Singapore in June 2013. At first, I made the booking through the internet and the confirmation E-mail sent back to me from the hotel clearly stated that amendment and cancellation was allowed 2 days before the day of staying.

I then wanted to change the booking so that breakfast would be included. To my surprise, the computer system did not allow you to amend it/cancel it. Therefore I sent E-mail to make the request. To my another surprise, the staff replied that the booking could not be cancelled or amended. Upon my repeated E-mails and with the confirmation E-mail sent to them, they finally replied that my booking could be amended. However, when I sent further E-mails requesting for amending, they did not reply my E-mail.

I just made a phone call to the hotel. The operator answering my phone call again stated that my booking cannot be amended. I had to hold my temper and explained again that they were making the mistake. Finally, after I waited for several minutes, the operator accepted my amendment over the phone. I asked him to send me another confirmation E-mail. I received it but it was in a format different from the first confirmation E-mail that i received. And worse, it did not have the hotel name!

What I have been asking is simply to upgrade my previous booking from 'without breakfast' to 'with breakfast'. It is terribly disappointing that the hotel staff could not even handle such a simple task. I have wasted enough time on this booking matter.

I don't know the standard of this hotel yet, it is sort of new. However, the experience of booking this hotel has been the most disappointing and annonying to me. Please be prepared if you are trying to book it through internet,

Regards,

Simon Kwan (from Hong Kong)

9 Thank Simon_Kwan
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 13 April 2013

We stayed here for two nights. The hotel has a very interesting design, with Babylonian style hanging gardens and vertical gardens, cave-like external edifices, and various 'green' credentials. It has quite a cool infinity edged pool. The large restaurant/bar on the ground floor is quite cool too, but you can certainly find much more interesting (and cheaper) food and drinks just a few blocks behind the hotel in the lively Chinatown district.

The location is very good, at the edge of Chinatown and the banking area, close to Marina Bay.

Our compact room was nice, but I did have a few gripes - the lighting was very annoying and difficult to operate, for example. It seemed like there was more focus on the style of the room than its functionality.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 11 April 2013

Stayed here in March with my partner and it is an amazing hotel!
Very unique, modern and eco-friendly which was great and why we loved it so much. The pool area was stunning, infinity pool with plenty of big day beds where we spent most of our stay lying in and reading.
Lovely staff that were fast to help. The concierge gave us great tips of places to eat and see as it was our first time to Singapore.

Hugely recommend! Loved it!

Singapore
Reviewed 10 April 2013

We drove past this hotel and from the look of it we just said that we have to stay here for our last night in Singapore.

Very eco friendly designed hotel, great architecture and the rooms did not disappoint.

We arrived during their soft opening phase and there were a few glitches however I am sure that once ironed out and the full opening happens, this is a must stay hotel in Singapore for all discerning guest's.

With Singapore's excellent local transport connectivity right on your door step with the MRT and buses, the island is bursting full of wonderful activities. It is a year since we visited Singapore last and it amazes us how much it changes and so fast. My partner is Singaporean and I used to live and work here so coming back is always a pleasure and everyday we were busy with family, shopping and even sightseeing.

Loved the idea that for our room we walked past open walkway's with wall's of flowers naturally groing and plants and water streams outside room's.

The room was very compact, comfortable and it was a room that you really did not want to leave. With a full window looking over downtown with good views, you have automatic blinds to bring you more privacy. The night blind was total blackout. The A/C was quiet and all controls were touch sensitive. The only downside is the mini bar fridge which gives you a small place to stow your own items due to rest of the fridge being automatic and BEWARE you will be charged if you move their item's. However you can always ask them to remove them to give you more space.

The desk was great and the TV had a good selection of channels. The room came with a shower only, enough space for two and the toiletries were of good quality.

Breakfast was a great international mix where east meets west. Apart from tea and coffee served to you, you were free to get whatever you want with agreat selection of hot and cold food, meat's and cheese. If you wanted a latte or cappuccino then there was a barista on call to make it for you. The design of the restaurant was relaxing and a great way to start your day

The hotel is in a great location right next to Chinatown where food and shopping is in abundance and will make a great hotel for the discerning LGBT community and being near to the bar's and club's.

All staff were friendly and will do their upmost to help and assist you. Unlike other hotel's they offer a one connect service where any request's such as room service and housekeeping are handled by one person.

Am looking forward to our return visit. Also to visit and shop at Changi airport.:)

Room Tip: Try and get a room with a view over Hong Lim park.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 10 April 2013 via mobile

I would encourage you to go to the pool area, it is quite unique, worth the experience even if you don't want to swim. Great views and there is a walk around the perimeter of the floor. There are also some amazing day-beds in "cages" right on the edge of the floor. A great place to read or even work - in good weather though, they are quite exposed.

Rooms are well designed and laid-out and suspect most would have great views. Desks are very-well equipped to deal with any sort of technology e.g USB ports and video connections so you can have your laptop display on the big TV screen. One observation is that the hanging space is quite limited.

Restaurant was quite reasonably priced for dinner and food was good.

Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Parkroyal on Pickering has only been open since mid-January this year. As such, all the amenities, rooms are spotless and very clean - I would like to think that this will continue well into the future.

The check-in process was very smooth and the staff were attentive. The staff member who showed us to our room explained all the features of the room and made sure we were comfortable. The bed was typical of Asian beds - rather firm but that is to my liking.

The pool is an infinity-type, is well appointed with an excellent change room and plenty of towels on hand. there is a gymnasium which also looks well appointed but we did not use. There are small jacuzzi style huts to relax in and take in the sights of Singapore.

We took the train from the airport - about SGD3.00 each. We got off at Clarke Quay station - exit E is almost across the road but is a bit of a hike from the ticket area to the exit but you are in air-con all the way. Chinatown exit is closer but a little difficult to navigate to the hotel if you are unsure of the area. However, we did use the Chinatown station as our best rail departure point.

There are a number of small food shops in the area with a hawker type eating area in a shopping centre across the road (the big green building - don't know its name).

If I had a criticism it would only be about the price of breakfast - the cost is SGD33.00 ++ for each person - I feel that this is quite expensive but there are plenty of small restaurants in the ares that serve breakfast. Also the air-con in the room kept setting itself to 20 degrees but we turned it off at a night time as the room kept a nice temperature during the night.

All-in-all, an excellent place to stay. Would recommend it highly and we will be atying here next time we visit Singapore.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the river. Our room was on the other side and would have liked a nice...