PARKROYAL on Pickering
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Mono(Singapore)
  • Breakfast included
3,352 results
All reviewslime restaurantorchid clubeco friendly hotelhanging gardensnight blindsinfinity poolclarke quayjunior suitechampagne breakfastbeautiful hotelchinatown pointthe club loungewelcome drinkclose to china townchinatown mrtfloor to ceiling windowsevening cocktails
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 April 2013

Rally nice hotel with modern facilities
Rooms are beautiful, modern and brand new, and service is good - ally tries to serve
We also had breakfast and lunch at the lobby restaurant LIME
Food was very average, and somehow there is something about the hotel that feels not totally ready
Maybe it's the crowd, seems a little scattered all over, and lighting almost too bright

Anyway, for the price, and modernity and the convenience - still a great place to stay

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
David-PARKROYAL, General Manager at PARKROYAL on Pickering, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2013

Dear YellowPanda,

Thank you for your review. I'm pleased you enjoyed the modern facilities and amenities. Interesting comment about the lighting in the hotel. Some of our guests have actually commented that it feels a little dark in the evenings. I guess it shows we all have unique tastes and preferences.... We look forward to welcoming you back....David

Reviewed 20 April 2013

We stayed for 3 nights, (30th Mar-2nd April) in two rooms, as we are a family of 4, and there are no family rooms. We arrived and were allocated two rooms, on the same floor but some distance apart, although we had requested adjacent rooms, if available. We returned to reception and were given the option to wait 45mins for two rooms next to eachother, which we opted to take. Rooms are full of mod cons, bright and comfortable, although bathrooms are a little small. Breakfast buffet was very good with helpful staff through out. Swimming pool on 5th floor, with unusual cabanas, was unique, and concierge was great in helping to arrange trips. Hotel in a good location, walking distance to metro and nightlife of Clark Quay and Boat Quay. We walked up to Fort Canning Park and Raffles, and also back from Marina Bay.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Dear DubDi,

Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear we were able to get your family rooms close together. Sorry for the short wait though! Sounds like you enjoyed our birdcage cabanas on the 5th floor pool area. They are unique! I was also pleased to read you took full advantage of our location and walked to many neighboring location. Well done! Thanks again....David

Reviewed 20 April 2013

Overall, relaxing and enjoyable stay at the Parkroyal on Pickering over the weekend.

We were a party of four and arrived at the hotel at around 1.30 pm from the airport. Two of us were staying at the Parkroyal while our friends were only tagging along. We proceeded to check-in and with no queue, check-in was completed promptly and without any fuss - no issues with service here. Welcome drinks were served to all four of us which was a definite plus.

Room: We chose the Superior King Room (pool view / inward facing) and found the layout of the rooms to have exceeded our expectations, despite being on slightly more on the compact-end in terms of room size. Bathroom and shower amenities were practical, functional and well designed. The bathroom blends in well with the room up to the point it seems to have brought the "C" in W.C to a more literal meaning. No faults for being innovative in space utilization, however, so we were happy with the end result. Bed was comfortable and we had a great sleep.

Pool Area:
Awesome decor - partner was captivated by the gardens in the sky concept and enjoyed the cabanas - great creativity and brings the level of hotel design to a whole new level. Definitely recommend spending sometime during your stay visiting the pool and relaxing in the cabanas.

Breakfast at Lime:
Some confusion regarding breakfast on our first morning of our stay. Our booking stated that we were entitled to breakfast but was not reflected in the system. This required us to approach front desk for confirmation prior to being able to enjoy our breakfast. Lime staff were gracious and gladly accepted us to the restaurant upon clarification. Good spread in terms of choice. One point that we found was that the staff seemed to be slightly too efficient in clearing the tables. We had left the table for fruit juice and browsing the buffet spread and found that the staff had began clearing the table (less than 1 - 2 minutes) - a bit too soon in our opinion. They did, however, immediately re-set the table for us so was not too much of a concern.

Location: Great location - couldn't be better with 2 MRT stations in close proximity. Getting a taxi might take slightly longer than at other hotels but the staff are helpful (standing by the main road) in trying to get a cab for guests.

Conclusion: Great new hotel in Singapore with possibly some minor areas for improvement. Recommended hotel and would return to stay here in the future.

3  Thank wwzzll
David-PARKROYAL, General Manager at PARKROYAL on Pickering, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2013

Dear wwzzll,

Thank you for you comprehensive review. I'm sure future guests will find it very helpful. Great to read you enjoyed the design of our Superior rooms. The rooms are about 29 square metres but with the over-height ceilings and the creative bathroom design, they actually feel much bigger. Glad you appreciated the design. The pool area on the 5th floor is indeed a special place. Being surrounded by landscaping and water features 5 floors up in central Singapore is very unique. Happy to hear you will be coming back and we look forward to welcoming you again....David

Reviewed 20 April 2013

Spent 5 night here before going to Europe and then 1 night on our way home. This is a new hotel and we were very impressed with the hotel and staff. From the staff looking after our bags, to the room staff, they are all lovely and friendly. Whenever you leave the hotel or return they always have a friendly smile for you which makes you feel welcome. When we returned after 1 month they remembered our names and seemed so happy to see us. I'd come down with the flu and everyone was quite concerned for my health with even the general manager sending some lemon tea and fruit to my room. We will stay at this hotel again in a heart beat when ever we go back to Singapore.

1  Thank watts54

Dear Watts54,

Thank you for your kind review. I trust you recovered from the flu and are feeling much better now! We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your plans bring you to Singapore!....David

Reviewed 19 April 2013

I stayed in the Park Royal Pickering for one night as a staycation. I enjoyed the stay but there was a major service lapse which contributed to the low score.

Overall, we enjoyed this nice staycation. But I think this hotel is more suited for a 'single' business traveller who wants a comfortable place to stay near the business district and is not really suited for 'families'.

Reservation
I booked the hotel by calling them directly. This hotel is new and there is an opening promotion which is a good deal. I reserved the room for one night and intend to stay there for with my wife and my 2 year old child. Details such as free parking with unlimited in-and-out and breakfast for child is included in the rate was confirmed. I was quite happy with the service.

I also read about its 'eco' features and was very impressed by its modern façade when I drive pass.

Check-in
I called the hotel on the morning of the check-in date to find out if I am able to get an early check-in. I understand that the check-in time is 2pm but was hoping to get an early start for my staycation.

The person who answered the call, told me that she will check and then come back and say that the hotel is 'full' and early check-in is unavailable. I am surprised that the hotel is full as it is newly opened and enquired a little more. And the person on the line told me that check in time is 3pm and I can only have the room available at that time, if early check in is available, I can have the room at 2pm.

I was upset as this was not stated in the reservation confirmation email (I checked subsequently) and I told the staff that the web-site stated that the check-in is 2pm. She replied "I will inform the IT, and hung up!!!" Amazing, isn't it? The reason why I asked about the check-in time is because I travelled with a young child and need to co-ordinate the logistics to cater to his nap time.

I was shocked at such rude behaviour and it is completely unacceptable.

In the end, I was there at 3pm (just to be sure that the room is available) and the room was available at check-in. There was a very small line (3 persons) and we were checked in pretty efficiently as there were two counters available. The staff who checked us in was professional and polite.

Rooms
The room was a decent size and ours was actually a 'family' type room tucked in a corner with the potential to expanded to connecting rooms as there is a 'foyer' between two rooms. It gave us some privacy. The windows were 'huge' and actually we have to lower the blinds at all times as the people who walked on the corridor can look right into our room.

The room's layout is more suited for the 'business traveller' and the furniture is completely new and the design very modern. No complaints in this area.

There were some negative reviews about the rooms being in the wrong temperature and cannot be adjusted from inside the room. The temperature in our room was just right and we have no complaints in this area.

Pools
We went to pool at around 4pm and it was very crowded. there were nice 'cabanas' (which you can see from the hotel website) which looks very nice but every single one was occupied. The pool was also pretty small and when we were there it was crowded and noisy.

We decided to go down to the pool the next day right after breakfast at around 9:30am. It was not crowded at that time and we managed to get a 'cabana' and the kid has some fun playing with the water.

There was another family with older kids playing with 'water pumps' those syringe looking 'water pistols' and one of the kid kept spraying water into our cabana. My wife politely asked the kid to stop. Interestingly a staff immediately intervene. She asked if my wife was bring sprayed with water and when my wife replied affirmatively, she immediately asked the family to stop playing with the water pumps. I don't know whether to conclude that this is 'good service' or a non-family friendly approach :)

Lime-Breakfast
We had the free buffet breakfast at the restaurant called "Lime". the layout is very nice and has a wife selection of food. However, the food isn't really tasty although the layout and presentation looks perfect.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family