“Wonderful Hotel!”

PARKROYAL on Pickering
Ranked #24 of 319 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 17 May 2013

My partner arrange to surprise me by having another staycation & we are GLAD to stay at this hotel for 3D2N (we wish it was longer)

This hotel was recently opened a few months ago & we love the greenery surrounds it.

But I would like to highlight the services that was rendered to us from Day 1.
Saiful (we hope that we got his name right) from Concierge helped my partner to arrange for room decoration with cake etc. beforehand to surprise me. Upon reaching the hotel, he greeted us with such warm smile and directed us to the carpark and met us at the lobby. Isabelle & Saiful checked in for us while we are given our welcome drinks which are fresh lime juice. Very refreshing!

So before we head to our room, we hangout at the Orchid Club Lounge where they serve light refreshments & food. I absolutely love their popiah! had 2nd serving of it though lol. Saiful met us there again & talked to us on things going on at the hotel & stuff.

Upon reaching the room, I went in & exclaimed "OH MY GOD! THIS IS AWESOME!" Our hats off to Saiful for arranging the room to be such a wonderful place that both my partner & I stayed in the room the whole day! The TV has channels such as HBO,Fox Movies, BBC, Nat Geo, MTV and the lists go on & on. The bathroom is very spacious & clean. The room switch sensors are operated by using your fingertip. Cool!

The bed is SO comfy! We didn't realised that it was daytime when we woke up. And seriously, we were lazy to even get off the bed. That is how comfortable we are.

We had breakfast at LIME restaurant (Level 1) & Orchid Country Club on both days. LIME restaurant has more variety on food but we still prefer to have our food at the club lounge maybe due to the lesser crowds & the BEST view of Singapore, regardless of day or night.

We also would to to commend the housekeeping for keeping our room clean, topping up of our minibar & clean up the mess we had during our stay.

The pool is great! Especially the colorful cabanas. I lazed around in it while my partner swam.

I am not able to find any faults with this hotel. The staffs greeted us along the way, even in the lift, asking how our food are etc.

However, do take note that the room windows are not tinted so they have binds where you can use it by switching the binds switch.

But this stay will not be memorable without such warm hospitality by Saiful from Concierge. Thank you for making our stay a memorable one & we will DEFINITELY come back and recommend this hotel to anyone. Thank you!

Room Tip: Pick the room which is facing the city view.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Adele_Depp
David-PARKROYAL, General Manager at PARKROYAL on Pickering, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2013

Dear Laila_Isabella, it is my pleasure to have you as our guest and I am pleased that you have enjoyed a memorable hotel experience. Thank you for your review and in particular for highlighting a few of our stars!! Saiful was excited to read your review. Although the PARKROYAL on Pickering is a visually stunning property, our brand promise is about connecting our guests to the local experiences as "Your trusted local companion". I'm very proud of the team for delivering on that promise...David

Write a ReviewReviews (3,232)

Reviewed 14 May 2013

Good location near Clarke Quay and Chinatown and close to both MRT and buses, easy to reach from airport. Platinum Green mark hotel -first in Singapore with lots of greenery on walls and overhanging roof areas, as well as lots behind the scene on energy efficiency. Floor to ceiling clear untinted windows might be unnerving to some, but has double set of shades [electric operated] so both privacy and light control is good. A really top notch bed - one of the best have been in anywhere! Good desk and work area,incl light, with plenty of modern power sources incl direct wall plugs for usb charge cords, and multi function power plugs, led lights [ matches the high green mark rating]. Has an extensive well shaded and protected external corridor system, plus some internal corridors. Bathrooms spacious and many with both shower and rain shower heads, some rooms have baths too. Toilet usually seems to have a separate door, although is part of bathroom. Rooms are very light and airy - with pale wood wall panelling - a good overall vibe. Breakfast was very good in Lime downstairs, with a good range of food style choices [ western, asian etc] and extensive range of options. The coffee was good too! Staff in the restaurant were very good.
A pool and well organised gym were available, but did not use either - both looked okay.
Loved the big open high ceiling concourse area outside the main entrance, as allowed a breeze to blow right through but no rain [ might be damp in v strong windy conditions though]. Cannot miss it - look for the grey curved outside [ has been described as similar to armour rail used for road edges].
It is new, trendy and worth it. Especially if keen to be environmentally conscious as well as stay in a top class hotel. Would I stay again? YES.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank surfie999

Dear Surfie999, Thank you for sharing your great review with us on TripAdvisor! I am thrilled to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and certainly look forward to welcoming you back for an even more better experience in the near future!...David

Reviewed 9 May 2013

Very nice, modern (futuristic almost) and attractively designed hotel (upscale). Well located.
Stayed there for 2 weeks (business). Rooms, clean and comfortable, though not oversized, give the impression to be sufficiently spacy thanks to large windows. Friendly welcome.
Lime restaurant has nice menu & buffets (breakfast, lunch & diner) albeit that the music at diner time was a little bit too loud for my taste. Very friendly staff. Laundry service requires attention (not everything returned same day and stains that originally were not even there). Will return.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
David-PARKROYAL, General Manager at PARKROYAL on Pickering, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2013

Dear AdlC,

Thank you for your review and for staying with us for two weeks! It sounds like you enjoyed your visit overall and I thank you for pointing out the couple of areas of concern. Setting the music to the correct volume is sometimes a challenge but I will be sure to review it with our team. I'm sorry you found it too loud during dinner. As well, thank you for your comments regarding our laundry service. Certainly not up to the standards we expect. Rest assured we will review this fully. It's very nice to hear you will return. We look forward to welcoming you back! Thanks again....David

Reviewed 9 May 2013

We were only in Singapore for one night and this was the perfect location. Within easy reach of the airport(approx 15 mins) and within easy walking to both Clarke and Boat Quay and just around the corner from Chinatown. Checkin was really quick friendly and efficient with an extremely tasty welcome drink. Being a very new hotel everything was spotless clean and bright. The rooms were small but more than adequate with all the facilities you would need including free wifi which was a real bonus as we were able to checkin online for our next flight. One of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in and wonderful fluffy towels.The pool cabanas were really quirky but unfortunately our stay was so short we were unable to take advantage of them. I would definitely recommend for anyone passing through Singapore

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lynda09
David-PARKROYAL, Front Office Manager at PARKROYAL on Pickering, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2013

Dear lynda09,

Thanks for your review and I'm pleased to read that you enjoyed your short visit! Next time, please stay long enough to enjoy all the hotel's features. The 5th floor pool, cabanas, fitness centre, terrace and garden walk are some of my favourites. Glad you enjoyed our signature drink - "Limenade" which is named after our restaurant Lime and is a refreshing blend of various citrus fruits....David

Reviewed 9 May 2013

The architecture is stunning and ecologically friendly, lush sky gardens in the city, the deco and furnishings artistic and delightful, the room tastefully decorated with modern high-tech comforts, including your own Nespresso machine, the gym fully equipped with the best training apparatus and well-stocked with bottled water and towels, the pool relaxing with wonderful views and fantasy themed bird-cage rest areas, the club floor stocked with excellent delicacies, the restaurant serves buffets with a wide spread of great quality food, the location a stone's throw from the hottest nightspots, the financial center, and traditional cuisine, what more could one ask for? Excellent service and a team that cares. And that was what we found at this wonderful hotel. There was a smile for us from everyone, including those we passed by along the corridors. Really made us feel welcome. We really could not bear to check out.
There was some confusion for my promotional package booking due to an error in their web page, but this was resolved to my complete satisfaction. I highlighted this in the online feedback, and forgot about it. Little did I expect that their general manager would personally write back to address my concerns and to welcome me back. This has never happened before. You can rest assured that you are in good hands once you check in here!
This hotel will be my first choice for a staycation! Keep up the great work!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Nerdybeng

Dear Nerdybeng,

Thank you for the amazingly detailed review! It's my pleaseure to be able to respond to you once again. Apart from the little hiccup we had with your promotional package, it sounds like everythuing else met your expectations which I am very pleased to hear. As I mentioned in my e-mail to you earlier, we really look forwatd to welcoming you back! See you soon....David

Reviewed 7 May 2013

Some of the earlier reviews have pointed out some teething problems, but on the whole we found the hotel and staff to be great. We enjoyed the way in which the design brings the outdoors into the hotel, with the open walkways between the wings. The design of the building is really remarkable, and provides a refreshing point of difference to the usual urban landscape. Rooms are well-appointed and facilities are good. Decor is modern and stylish, and the green touches are nice, it's good to stay in a hotel that is actively trying to do the right thing environmentally. The integrated gardens are an excellent design feature.The staff were extremely helpful, facilitating a room move with a great deal of understanding and helpfulness. The location is very good, with easy access to the Clark Quay MRT only a short walk away. On the whole, a great business hotel with the opportunity to unwind as well. Our only complaint was a lack of choice of pillows, we found the default pillows in the rooms were a little uncomfortable. A choice of hollowfibre/foam or feather would have been nice.

Room Tip: Higher may have better views, however the multi-level gardens ensure that all levels have greenery.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Dear Richard,

Thank you for your review and in particular, for acknowleging the efforts of our Associates. That means a lot to them! We have a great team and they are always very eager to welcome guests to our beautiful hotel in a garden. Sorry you didn't find our pillows comfortable. It's very interesting, some guests absolutely love them and some don't. You'll be happy to know we are in the process of introducing a full pillow menu program in order to make sure all of our guests have a relaxing and restful sleep. Thank again....David

Reviewed 5 May 2013

A hotel that garnered many attention in its building facade and its structure, Parkroyal on Pickering is one of my "must stay" hotel even before it was opened in January this year. Love the design of the hotel by Woha, a local architect company, that looks like stacks of cardboard on top of one another. Touted a green hotel, there are certainly heaps of greenery in the hotel, which I saw in their skypark on level 5, and some greeneries along the corridors, and even the tech stuff within the room, are some initiatives to make this hotel green for the environment.
During the check in, guess the staff that handled us was unfamiliar with the check ins for locals, which took her around 10mins just to get our check-in done. But the welcome drink, does make this business hotel somewhat "resort feel".
Upon entering the room, the woody design captured my attention, especially the sliding doors that can separates the bathroom area from the room, which differentiates its design from its sister hotel in KL. The large glass window allows natural lighting into the room, but as I got a room on level 6, which may occasionally get to see gardener manning their greeneries outside the room, thus privacy can be compromise if you do not lower the curtains.
I find the gadget that control the air condition, room lighting etc, pretty cool! And the bed was comfortable as well as the bench that was beside the glass window. Great for some reading if you are spending more time in the room.
One place you shouldn't miss is the swimming pool on level 5, and the nice little chill out "huts" located around the pool level. It did gave me the resort feel, but instead of blue sky and sea, you get to see some Singapore skyline.
Overall this is a nice hotel to stay in, be in a staycation for locals or a well located hotel for the overseas visitors. And definitely I will want to check out its other room in the near future.

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor for the scenery
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends

Dear hawick,

Thank you so much for your thgrough review. I'm pleased you enjoyed all the greenery as well as appreciated the design of your guest room. I agree that the 5th floor outdoor terrace is pretty special for a city centre hotel. Glad you enjoyed it! It's one of my favourite areas in the hotel as well. Thanks again....David