“Great new pub!”

Ranked #24 of 315 Hotels in Singapore
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Great new pub!”
Reviewed 11 June 2013

I have stayed here twice now and its a very very good property, the club lounge is huge and the staff are very accommodating, the whole theme of green works well and I do like the nice touches in the rooms and love how they integrate the bathroom into the main part of the guest room

Very open feeling and usually there can be issues with a brand new hotel but I couldnt find any......

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
David-PARKROYAL, General Manager at PARKROYAL on Pickering, responded to this review, 14 June 2013
Dear Gozzo747, please accept my sincere appreciation for sharing your positive experience on TripAdvisor and I look forward to welcoming you back again in the not too distant future…David

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (499)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Perth
Reviewed 11 June 2013

We spent 4 nights at the new Parkroyal on Pickering in March after a week in Kuching - great decision! We were originally booked at another hotel but changed to this hotel at the last moment and were so happy with our choice. From the moment we arrived and were greeted by the friendly and efficient bellboys, the hotel presented itself with class. The "green" concept is just awesome, with water efficient gardens throughout, and all guests should read the room information regarding the hotel's sustainable concept which is truly remarkable.
We were given room 1018, close to the lifts as previous reviewers have suggested, and with views across to Clarke Quay. Though the room was compact it was so cleverly designed that it felt much bigger that it was. Great idea with the bathroom "walls" which allowed the open bathroom to be closed off for privacy via the sliding doors. Full marks Park Royal! Loved the seating across the front of the windows, the great day and night blinds, the well-stocked mini bar, room safe, iron and ironing board and the beautiful greenery out the front of our room, giving the hotel such a lush feel.
We had breakfast included and the buffet provided something for everyone, including freshly brewed coffee - a vast improvement on the standard undrinkable stuff served in many hotels.
The pool area was the most spectacular I have come across, with the colour themed "pods" providing privacy for relaxing, reading or just for a group to spend time together without bothering those around them. The pool rest rooms were lovely and the gym behind the pool, though quite compact, providing guests with all they might need.
Service from everyone we dealt with was great, and when I needed to see a doctor, the staff member on reception found a clinic nearby, phoned them for me and gave the taxi driver precise directions. Parkroyal staff a were professional and helpful throughout and a credit to the hotel.
The location was perfect, with both Chinatown and Clarke Quay MRT stations closeby, and just a short stroll to both Clarke and Boay Quays. We WILL be back.
The only downside I felt was the uncomfortable pillows, but this is just a personal opinion.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the lifts, so that you avoid the wind and rain crossing the outdoor walkways...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jan R
Dear Jananddamo, thank you for your gracious review and I hope you’re feeling better. I am most pleased to learn of your commendation towards our team for the quality of service rendered. Sorry you didn't find our pillows comfortable. It's very interesting, some guests absolutely love them and some don't. You'll be happy to know we are in the process of introducing a full pillow menu program in order to make sure all of our guests have a relaxing and restful sleep. Your positive feedback is certainly encouraging and we continue to seek for improvement towards excellence. Thanks again…David
Reviewed 10 June 2013 via mobile

The rooms have a lot of sunlight. The windows opened up to a clear view. The room has good comfortable seating, with a 3 seater settee.  The bath area is integrated into the room... So no seperate room for this.

Nice breakfast spread at the coffee shop + a good buffet at lunch.

The location is good - very near the China town and club street area.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Rajiv, Thank you for your review. I'm very pleased you enjoyed your visit and that you recognised the hotel's great location. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!....David
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 10 June 2013

We usually stay on Orchard Rd but on this trip decided to try something different. We had also recently joined the GHA Discovery loyalty programme which includes Anantara hotels (Anantara Bali is amazing) and Park Royal. We thus selected the Park Royal on Kitchener.

The location is great, next to China Town and near the Clarke Quay nightlife. The hotel design is spectacular and quite unique, and all the enviromentally friendly initiatives are fantastic.

Our 15th floor room was a bit small and the bathroom miniscule, but overall very clean and comfortable (although the pillows are unbelievably hard, wow!). We also had a great view across the city. We booked an Orchid Club package which includes access to the exclusive 16th floor lounge - the breakfast here is average with limited choices, but the afternoon tea and evening drinks and canapes are fantastic. The views from here are also lovely and the outdoor patios very peaceful. Together with the excellent service we received, the lounge is definitely a worthwhile benefit.

The rim flow swimming pool on the 5th floor is spectacular and an evening swim surrounded by the city lights, followed by a rest in one of the space age-style "pods" is highly recommended. The gym next to the pool is also well equipped and the service is excellent.

On arrival we expected priority check-in as part of the Club package, but instead had to queue for quite a while (minor gripe though). However, we then unfortunately had a disappointing experience on check-out - we had asked for a late check out (11pm) as our flight was only at 2am. We were told we could stay until 6pm for half the room rate and thereafter pay full price. I totally agreed that we needed to pay for the additional time but asked if we could move to a standard room/ package as we did not require all the Orchid Club benefits on the last day (and obviously wouldn't be there for breakfast). The staff member had a really bad attitude and said the hotel was full so basically take it or leave it (later I checked online and was easily able to book a standard room). We decided to "leave it" as we were not prepared to pay for Club services we didn't require and the attitude was really annoying. We thus checked out and got a day room at half the rate on Orchard Rd. However the inconvenience of having to pack and move hotels messed up our plans for our last day in Singapore, so really not impressed with Park Royal.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RosG101
Dear RosG101, thank you for sharing your recent experience at our hotel. While I’m happy to know that you enjoyed the room and our outdoor pool area on the 5th floor, I am disappointed to read about your negative experience.
I sincerely apologise on behalf of the front office staff, this should not happen and rest assured I will look into this matter personally. If there is anything further you would like to share with me please contact me directly at david.sullivan@parkroyalhotels.com. I hope to welcome you and your partner back to PARKROYAL on Pickering in the future for a more successful experience…David
Philippines
Reviewed 10 June 2013

The hotel staff are very courteous and helpful as soon as I arrived at the lobby. The location of the hotel is so serene even it is located in the heart of the city. The foods at Lime are excellent and there's so much food to choose from. The infinity pool is great and the whole facilities are clean. My four (4) days stay is one of the best vacation that I have enjoyed and I've been looking forward for another visit/stay at Park Royal on Pickering.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank isitokey08
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 10 June 2013

We stayed at Parkroyal on Pickering for 3 nights.
The taxi driver told us that there are few Parkroyal in Singapore, make sure to let them know it's on Pickering.

We paid extra SG$20 per night to upgrade for the deluxe room.
We love the design of the room, so comfort.
The bath tub is nice, but we didn't use it as we saw hairs in it.

Our room rate included breakfast, we have our breakfast at the restrurant - Lime, but there were too crowd in the morning. Also the staffs will clear all the food at 10:30am sharp, make sure to get there earlier.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank chungkk
Dear Chungkk, thank you for taking the time to share your review. I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed the rooms and I apologise about the bathtub. I have shared your feedback with the relevant department for their review. I look forward to welcoming you back soon…David
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 9 June 2013

I stayed on the 15th floor and had a great view of the city. Chinatown is a few blocks away and comes alive at night. Clark Quay is a taxi ride for $7 and at night it is full of life and music and food. The hotel was elegant, eco friendly and the restaurant provided good food. Staff was helpful and the 16th floor bar is a treat. The pool is great for laps and the cabana's are tremendous to sit out and work on your laptop or tablet. As compared to USA hotels when you get off the elevator, you walk to your room in an open walkway but it is appointed with lots of greenery. Lighting in the room is state of the art and the sliding walls make for a innovative but comfortable room. The window shades are electric and really darken the outside. The only reason for any complaint was the breakfast lady was super hyper and picked up my food while I was getting more to eat and had cleaned up my place already. She apologized and got me lots of coffee

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Dear Brewski00, thank you for sharing your great review with us on TripAdvisor. I’m glad to know you took advantage of our location to explore the neighbouring Chinatown and Clark Quay, two of my favourite places in Singapore. At PARKROYAL on Pickering, we have 15,000 square metres of lofty sky gardens and lush greenery, twice the total land area, making this truly a hotel-in-a-garden. Sounds like you enjoyed our birdcage cabanas on the 5th floor pool area. They are unique! I am delighted to hear that your stay was pleasant and look forward to welcoming you again in the not too distant future…David