I used to live in Singapore for eight years. I set up a branch office of our company here and chose China Square Central to do it.
I was always frustrated with having to fly overseas staff into Singapore and put them up in brand name hotels which were a 10 to 20 minute cab ride away from the office.
I wanted our staff to walk to the office. Why not? All our clients are also nearby the office (UBS, Barclays, Deutsche, RBS Morgan Stanley etc). Maybe staff would have a meeting at 8am and want to walk from the hotel to the client after having quick 7:15am breakfast at the hotel.
I did not want them having to worry about catching a cab for an early morning meeting.
What if it was raining in the monsoon season and they could not catch a cab.... (experience from living in SP taught me that)
Parkroyal on Pickering was built. We waited for the construction to finish. We watched the hotel go up outside our office window in real-time. Our Singapore staff said....call them now...call them now - the hotel will be open in six months. Get a corporate account.
I did and we have never looked back.
5 mins walk to our office.
What our overseas staff have been saying.
- Love the Orchid Club rooms and restaurant.
- Breakfast is important as they are often in meetings during the lunch period
- 2 pieces of laundry per day is an excellent idea - and a great incentive for staying longer
- Internet is always reliable and fast
- Gym is the best ever "Great equipment...thank you for choosing Technogym"
There were a few start up issues, but you seem to be working on them. Its clear you are
improving each week.
I now have staff staying for long periods each week. Even our company owner and CEO
flew from New York and stayed at your hotel last week. He loved it.
The only issue we are finding is it is hard to book a room at short notice - under a week.
Other than that...keep it up !
A great hotel for the regular business traveler.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- PARKROYAL on Pickering offers guests a luxury business hotel conveniently located at the gateway to Singapore’s central business district, near Raffles Place. Enjoy close proximity to key cultural, shopping and entertainment attractions. And take advantage of our spa, fitness centre, jogging path and pool – all conveniently located on the same floor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Pan Pacific Hotels Group, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Southall Travel and Hotels.com so you can book your PARKROYAL on Pickering reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- PARKROYAL On Pickering Singapore