3,607 results
All reviewslime restaurantorchid clubeco friendly hotelhanging gardensnight blindshong lim parkclarke quayinfinity pooljunior suitechampagne breakfastbeautiful hotelchinatown pointthe club loungewelcome drinkclose to china townchinatown mrtfloor to ceiling windows
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Stayed in a club room over the wkend. Checked in at 2:30pm, offered a nice cold drink. As a GHA platinum, I knew my benefits, but the hotel seemed to be rather secretive about it. In most places, the hotel offer these things without saying. I had to ask for everything, such as the late checkout, and local amenity. The worst thing is, they forgot about my local amenity until the middle of the night, so they tried to solve the problem by calling me multiple times to give me a piece of cake at 11:30pm, while I was sleeping. In the end, they realized it was more reasonable to bring it the next day.

Okay, the good things about the hotel, beautiful building, lovely place to lounge in the bird cages. The highlight was the good service and atmosphere at the Orchid lounge. Great views of the city, good value for the amount of food and alcohol provided. A special mention to Joeslynn who provided a personal touch in a busy business hotel. There were moments where I felt like I was being served at a fours seasons/ritz. Well done!

Overall, a modern busy business hotel, with small pockets of staff lacking in service. Try to get a club room it makes a big difference.

Room Tip: Club rooms on the 14th or 15th floor.
1  Thank hotelking85
Gino-PARKROYAL, General Manager at PARKROYAL on Pickering, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear hotelking85, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. While it sounds like overall you enjoyed your visit, I was disappointed to learn of the hiccup with the amenities. I note your comments and have shared your feedback with the relevant department for their review. I appreciate your patience and hope to welcome youback to PARKROYAL on Pickering in the future for a more successful experience. Gino

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I had the privileged to run a programme in Singapore in the ParkRoyal on Pickering, Singapore. My stay for for 3 nights and time therefore to really experience the hotel and surrounding sites prior to the major event.

The hotel really is a step up on others I have stayed in in the region, combining a wonderfully relaxing ambiance from the start, through to truly comfortable and spacious rooms. This combined with wonderful attentive service by informed and caring staff as well as probably the best breakfasts I've had in a hotel, left me feeling when I checked out yesterday - 'I want to come back here soon'.

Combine all of this with a fantastic location whether tourist or business traveller and this hotel really has it all.

All the participants to the workshop commented on how good the venue was, not just service and facilities for our work, but also the food. Indeed one person redirected his family to come there that evening to celebrate his birthday - praise indeed.

BTW, the gym facilities and pool were top notch. Be warned of the humidity in Singapore - I should have know, but pushed it too hard on the running machine.

This hotel really has it all and never does it feel crowded or too rushed. You must go.

Room Tip: The higher up, the better the views.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear PeterJPBuckley, I am very happy to hear that your workshop ran smoothly during your recent visit to Singapore. Thank you for acknowledging our efforts by sharing it with us on TripAdvisor. I will most certainly share your comments with the events team. I'm sure they will be excited to know that they have left such a positive impression. Gino

Reviewed 22 June 2014

new clean hotel with small rooms though but everything is quite good about it. service is good, food is good and its clean!
also quite an environmental friendly hotel, very green and some hallways are outdoors which has no aircon.. ur on that path for less than 1 minute .. so its all good

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Charling C, thank you for sharing your positive experience on Tripadvisor and the team at PARKROYAL on Pickering looks forward to welcoming you again for another refreshing experience in the near future! Gino

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Spent 2 nights at Park Royal for the beginning of our honeymoon. Arrived and was presented with welcome drinks. We arrived early and were able to check in. Unfortunately although our reservation was for a king size our room had 2 doubles. I called to the front desk and the way that they thought to resolve it was by pushing the beds together. Although I mentioned that this was not acceptable, especially since our reservation was a king, they sent someone up to push together the beds. I again stated that it was an unacceptable solution and that we need to be provided the room that was reserved. It was not until I turned the person away did they provide us with a new room with a king bed.

Other then the check-in mishap we had a nice stay, nothing that stood out either good or bad. We truly enjoyed the infinity pool that sat among the skyline.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear amsdk2013, thank you for staying with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the infinity pool and we hope you will visit us again the next time you return to sunny Singapore. Gino

Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Booked a club room for a staycation, they upgraded me to the next level of room as I'm a platinum gha member and give me a late checkout till 3pm.
All the standard benefits, nothing more, nothing less. We tried to extend the check out by 30mins but they told us all the rooms are full and they have already done their best to accommodate us due to our gha status..I can only say the hotel is really really busy.. With so many pp staying, it's very business like, no exclusiveness just pure business..
For a tourist I guess that'll be fine.. But for us being on a staycation, we are looking for something with more exclusiveness which is totally lacking in this hotel...
Ok stopping with the complaints on the service, the next thing I would like to highlight is the cleanliness..... The toilet bowl seat was stained yellow round the rims and there was debris on it? I felt quite disgusted to use the toilet everytime.. Honestly >.< my pillow casing wasn't very clean as well.. It had black stains on it.. Please note that the windows are clear and if u are changing in the room do lower ur blinds! We were in the club room having tea and we could see a girl lazing in the room, taking selfies..
The bathrobe had this weird smell like when clothes don't dry properly? That kind of smell? I wonder if they washed it properly?
Now for the good points.. The bed is really comfortable! Not too hard or too soft... The club room food was average... Fruit juices only served in the morning unlike the pan pac club room where fruit juice is served whole day.. There were a lot of staff in the club room, yet we found it hard to get the attention of them.. Most of the time they were at the front chatting with each other, making the very small club room rather noisy, losing it's exclusiveness...
All in all, I will not return again.. Even though the bed was really comfortable.. The cleanliness and service are not up to the lvl they should be.. For tourists, yes it's convenient and all but for a staycation.. I guess I made a wrong choice again.....

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear xmEex, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I greatly appreciate the honesty of your remarks and agree with you that it is unacceptable for the bathroom not to be in tip-top condition. Please be assured that I am personally investigating the incident and we will make the necessary improvement. Thank you again for staying with us and I really hope we will get the chance to welcome you back again for a more successful experience. Gino