“Avoid”

Ranked #1,557 of 10,795 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Southwestern
“Avoid”
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Avoid. Bad service and no clue about customer care.
They also cheat. Requested no seasoning on fries, meat or anythings. They served with seasoning. So send back. They served again within 5 minutes after washing the food with water (?!), wiping sauce of the meat, and a very bad attempt wiping salt of the fries, but they insist they did not do that (remainder of sauce still on meat and corn was clearly just washed and mushy, salt still on fries).
Quality of what is served is average at best, even before abusing the food.

Also, I and my daughter was to meet my wife and her sister in front of Astons. But I lost my phone. So I went in to ask if I could call her (local call) and make very clear that we'd eat there. They say they don't have a phone. Then other customers came in. They were quickly to ignore me, point the others to a table and then asked me "what you want?". I repeated the question. "No, no phone here". And he walked away.
Luckily outside at the first passer by I asked the same thing, and of course no problem to make a call using their mobile phone. As we still wanted steak, we still went in, only to be disappointing by a lying server and below par quality of food.
I expected Astons would say: "Of course Sir. Maybe we don't have a desk phone but use this mobile. Sorry to hear you lost your wife and phone. We're happy you chose to meet and eat here.". But none of that.

I've eaten at other Astons often, but at this outlet they seem to cut corners. Probably because they assume all visitors there are tourists and one-time visitor. Too bad they damage the brand name for whole Singapore.

• Visited July 2013

• Korean first
“terrible”
Reviewed 27 July 2013

imagined you order a set meal with soft drink , was served with main course followed by appettizer then SOFT DRINK

Visited July 2013
Australia
“Low prices and nice food”
Reviewed 9 July 2013 via mobile

After a day at Universal and the aquarium we stopped for dinner at Astons due to their prices. The menu was quite substantial and the prices were very good $8-$40 for a main. We had the rib eye and the hickory chicken. Both were very nice. The rib eye was cooked perfectly! Very hard to find restaurants that do a good medium rare steak. We paid $28 for two mains and a Pepsi ($1.20). Amazing. If you're looking for a cheap meal and not fussed on fancy stuff this is the place for you!

• Visited July 2013
“Best Kept Secret”
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Expect to see a long queue at Aston, however, somehow, the queue was much shorter than what we expected. Maybe the outlet is tucked away in a corner and away from the main areas. Food quality and service never disappoint. Great value for money, especially the prime and expensive Sentosa area.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank chattyqueen
Singapore, Singapore
“Awful food and an almost 90 minute wait.”
Reviewed 22 May 2013

Our first and last time at Astons. The restaurant was bursting at the seams. We waited almost 90 mins for food with 3 small children. When it cames it was badly charred, tough and tasteless.

Visited March 2013