“Short notice, excellent snapshot tour of Singapore”
Review of Druthers Biking - CLOSED

Druthers Biking
More attraction details
Owner description: Druthers Biking Singapore provides bicycle rental service in the city. We deliver bicycles to your preferred location/hotel so that you are able to ride them without needing to hunt for a bicycle rental shop. It is also ideal for companies looking to rent large quantity of bicycles for events. Our bicycle rental service comes along with complimentary helmet usage as well as light for overnight cycling.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Didn't have much time so this was an excellent tour. Raynor my guide gave me a great commentary even thought it wasn't actually part of the snappy tour. The bike was fine. Small wheels that are good for sidewalk cycling. The weather was very hot so bring plenty water. I think it is suitable for all abilities even by kids who have reasonable cycling ability. Definitively would recommend and if I have the time on the next occasion I will do the longer more detailed tour.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

So we wanted to get a good impression of the city and discover its sites and chose to do it by bike. I researched different providers and selected Druthers Biking. The reservation by email was super fast and flawless and worked with only one day advance. The meeting point also was centrally located and the provided bikes were totally suited for the city tour. After our start we navigated through the various sites going from Chinatown, Marina Bay Sands and many other points of interest. All in all this is one of the best ways to get a good orientation and quickly discover the main attractions of the city. Afterwards you can go back to one of the sites to visit them by yourself. Be it a museum, park or any other attraction. I can only suggest you to do it this way to get a first glance.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

My husband & I booked a morning tour in mid February, having already been in Singapore for a few days so we had some ideas of where the itinerary would take us. We booked through Viator though I suspect we may have been slightly cheaper going direct. Email responses were prompt and we had clear instructions on where to meet, as well as phone contact details.

We were the only participants which meant we had a very personalised tour, and there were plenty of opportunities to take photos and also to ask questions. As Joseph is an official tour guide his knowledge of the history, as well as current news, on Singapore was vast, and this added immensely to what would have been a very interesting 'sight-seeing' activity in its own right.

We thought the bikes were fine, light weight but more than adequate for the terrain being covered. We were offered helmets on arrival which deals with one of the previous comments from a TA review. Jospeh took time to get us up to speed on 'cycling etiquette' although he did say it was slightly more challenging with larger groups keeping everyone together, which is why he tries yo take a second guide with bigger groups.

I would really recommend this tour, you will enjoy, and you will see Singapore from a very interesting and rewarding viewpoint. Although remember to wear sun protection and be prepared for a sore backside the following day !

Reviewed 23 February 2014

We only had a few days in the city, and in three hours we were able to hit many of the major sights. The new area at Marina bay was particularly good to see on bikes, since there is no traffic and it is very spread out. Other reviewers have complained about the bikes. They are small but given the tight roads and mix of sidewalks, streets, and building ramps they are ideally sized. We are no nonsense tour participants, and we like our guide Q.T.'s style: we hit everything we wanted to see and didn't linger too long anywhere. Best tip: wear sunscreen and a hat!

See more reviews
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Let me start off by saying, BIKING IN SINGAPORE IS SOOO MUCH FUN!!!!

My husband and I were so excited to do the bike tour. Truthfully we just wanted to go biking, because we had already seen most of the city sites. Our meeting time was at 9am sharp. It was the Snappy Tour- 2 hours long. That would have been perfect for us bc our flight was the same day.

We arrived at 8:50am. The guide told us that the other 3 people joining us were late and arriving 15 minutes late because they thought it was at 9:30. Not my fault, and we were not happy about that. We planned our day accordingly, thinking the tour would end at 11 sharp.

We didn't leave until 9:30! We started biking, which was great but OH MY...the bikes were extremely uncomfortable. I mean they were SMALL and just overall BAD bikes. Please Druther's if you read this, GET NEW BIKES. Honestly, I would never do this tour again not because we left late, but because of the bikes!

I didn't give this tour a horrible rating, just average, because the tour guide was trying. It wasn't his fault the other people were late. He was trying to finish up everything in a timely manner knowing we started late.

But now that I think of it, one thing I didn't like about our tour guide (I hope druther's reads this so he can make a note), is that our guide didn't prepare us during the route. Usually (I've been on several biking tours), when there is an upcoming sharp turn or downhill or uphill, etc, the tour guide should inform us in advance. For most of it, we were just following him blindly. We didn't like that.

OHH WE DIDN'T EVEN WEAR HELMETS. If you care about your safety, don't do use this tour- they don't give our helmets, nor do they have a place to put a water bottle (hence the bad bikes).

He offered to take our pics many times, which was really nice.

But again, the bikes threw everything off. That would be my biggest complaint. Forget that we started late, the uncomfortable SMALL bikes were horrible. My husband is a tall guy, so for him it was really annoying.

1. No helmets
2. Small, bad bikes (handle kept on coming loose on every bike)
3. Left late
4. Not punctual (on the website the Snappy Tour is supposed to take 2 hours long, but the guide told us, weeeelll it's approximately 2 hours long- I told him, well you should write that on your website!! So people can plan accordingly).
5. Tour Guide was not attentive to his group while riding around the city (i.e letting them know there is a sharp uphill/downhill, or a sharp left/right turn).

Enjoy!