“Baguettes are the highlight!”
Review of Nam Nam Noodle Bar

Nam Nam Noodle Bar
Ranked #621 of 10,645 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Orchard Road
“Baguettes are the highlight!”
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

Excellent baguettes & white cabbage salad. Pho & other noodle dishes were pretty good, coffee & deserts are ok as well. Their wheelock place outlet has a permanently long queue better to go to suntech more spacious and usually no waiting.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
“A little gem if you don't mind queuing!”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Great food, reasonably priced. Very quick service! A good place to dine if you just want something fairly simple but delicious!

Visited April 2014
Singapore, Singapore
“Good quick fix for authentic Viet Pho”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

*This review is for the Suntec outlet but unfortunately, they do not have an entry.

Nam Nam Noodle Bar is my go-to place for a quick fix if I have a craving for Vietnamese Beef Pho.

My usual haunt was the outlet at Raffles City which always has long queues come rain or shine. However, since other outlets have opened up, namely Wheelock Place and Suntec City, I have been patronizing the outlet at Suntec City quite a fair bit (i.e. less crowds!).

This time, my group of two friends and I decided to try their Lunch Set @ $9.90 (excl. GST) consisting either
1. Beef Steak slices Pho + Salad + either coffee or tea OR
2. Chicken Pho + Salad + either coffee or tea

Verdict:

- Beef Steak slices Pho - The soup had all the usual goodness of beef flavourings but it lacked the punch and oomph that I was used to. The beef slices was a tad too stiff for me; not that it was over-cooked but I've tasted better on other occasions at this outlet.

- Salad - Refreshing and had a tangy sour taste reminiscent of the Peranankan 'ah char'. The small side dish consisted fish cake, pickled cabbage, carrots and a sprinkle of nuts and chili flakes.

- Iced coffee with milk - I found it bland and bitter for my taste. Totally unlike the famed Vietnamese coffee that I had in Ho Chi Minh City.

Tip: The place gets pretty crowded from 12.15pm onwards with the office lunch crowd. Do stop by at 12pm sharp to get pretty good seats and enjoy 15 minutes of quiet lunch before the crowd sets in. Otherwise, it might be hard to get a conversation going among your lunch group.

• Visited April 2014
Seattle, Washington
“Food was good but it's always so crowded”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Long wait for a table at most hours of the day. My 1yr old son and I were asked if we could share a table with 2 others. And the staff was very helpful in getting us all seated. Service was very good.

A high chair was available for my son.
Food was good but on the pricey side. With so many other noodle options nearby, not sure if I would go back.

Visited November 2013
Berrien Springs, Michigan
“Pho, etc.”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

We had our first morning's breakfast here right when they opened. the food is good and the people were nice. Price reasonable. Later in the day, Nam Nam always was busy, usually with a line of people waiting to get in. so, you know it's popular.

Visited January 2014