“Great pho”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Orchard Road
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Very crowded and packed like sardines with 2 long lines, to get in and to pay at the cashiers before your order is logged in...but don't be deterred by all that!
We went early on a weekday but there was still a line to get in. It took 20 min to get our order finally logged in but food came within 5 min so our whole lunch took less than an hour. The pho was tasty with al dente rice noodles and beef steak slices. There's also a choice of wagyu slices at a very reasonable under $20 price. They also have a Value Lunch set with salad, pho and beverage. The Vietnamese coffee was strong and authentic.
The baguette sandwiches have unique fusion combinations.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Food was quite authentic but very expensive coz of the venue, i guess.

Quality was bad, we ordered wagyu strips and i dont know what was served, seriously. If you really want to eat pho beef/chicken, consider elsewhere....

Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

Excellent baguettes & white cabbage salad. Pho & other noodle dishes were pretty good, coffee & deserts are ok as well. Their wheelock place outlet has a permanently long queue better to go to suntech more spacious and usually no waiting.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Great food, reasonably priced. Very quick service! A good place to dine if you just want something fairly simple but delicious!

Reviewed 15 April 2014

*This review is for the Suntec outlet but unfortunately, they do not have an entry.

Nam Nam Noodle Bar is my go-to place for a quick fix if I have a craving for Vietnamese Beef Pho.

My usual haunt was the outlet at Raffles City which always has long queues come rain or shine. However, since other outlets have opened up, namely Wheelock Place and Suntec City, I have been patronizing the outlet at Suntec City quite a fair bit (i.e. less crowds!).

This time, my group of two friends and I decided to try their Lunch Set @ $9.90 (excl. GST) consisting either
1. Beef Steak slices Pho + Salad + either coffee or tea OR
2. Chicken Pho + Salad + either coffee or tea

Verdict:

- Beef Steak slices Pho - The soup had all the usual goodness of beef flavourings but it lacked the punch and oomph that I was used to. The beef slices was a tad too stiff for me; not that it was over-cooked but I've tasted better on other occasions at this outlet.

- Salad - Refreshing and had a tangy sour taste reminiscent of the Peranankan 'ah char'. The small side dish consisted fish cake, pickled cabbage, carrots and a sprinkle of nuts and chili flakes.

- Iced coffee with milk - I found it bland and bitter for my taste. Totally unlike the famed Vietnamese coffee that I had in Ho Chi Minh City.

Tip: The place gets pretty crowded from 12.15pm onwards with the office lunch crowd. Do stop by at 12pm sharp to get pretty good seats and enjoy 15 minutes of quiet lunch before the crowd sets in. Otherwise, it might be hard to get a conversation going among your lunch group.