“Food okay only but service is good.”
Review of Jpot

Jpot
Ranked #203 of 11,592 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 September 2013

We had booked a table for 9 persons for gathering and group birthday celebration, a few of us reached the restaurant first and was led into the restaurant by the staffs, they were very courteous, one of the waitresses was very patient when we kept on disturbing her while she was preparing our tables, and she even gave advice to us to order a 4 person set steamboat and then if not enough then some ala carte dishes. And she had made a good recommendation, the 4pax set was quite a lot and we only need to order some more dishes to fulfill 9 pax portion.

Food wise, the soup base varieties was quite good, they have bak kut teh, Jpot special broth, tom yam, vegetarian soup, Laksa etc, the taste of the soup is so so only, but the food are quite fresh, sauce for dipping also nice, you can choose and mix yourself. Other than that not much to say about the taste.

We kept on chitchatting during our meal and stayed until quite late, in fact we were the second last table to leave, yet the staffs did not show any sign of impatience. This place is great for big group gathering as there were so many people in the restaurant(but the place is big) and noisy and even if you joke and laugh nobody will bother about you. We had lots of fun that night.

Price wise, is reasonable, each of us paid around S$30, but also depend on what you order.

Anyway, the experience is not bad, quite enjoyable. Will be back again.

Reviewed 15 August 2013

went to another steamboat at liang court week before my visit to jpot. Cant stop myself from comparing both. i would say Jpot definitely the better one. The soup base, the food and also the price.

I am never a steamboat go-er, but i dont mind going to Jpot again.

You can order place your order via ipad, everything will be served fast. and You will be able to choose your own soup base, as you will have a little pot for your own.

I tried the laksa, it is nice.

Reviewed 13 June 2013

Went there this afternoon to try out their steamboat.

You can choose your food from the ipad installed under the table, and make you selection through it. Everyone can have their own little pot of steamboat on a small induction cooker, so you can order your own combination of food and soup base.

Soup base price starts from S$3.80 to S$7.80++. There are many selection of seafood, meat and vegetable that you can choose from. Price ranges from $2-3 to around $40+. There is a table in the middle of the restaurant where there are various types of sauces for you to select.

I ordered a few items and it cost about S$50 for 2 of us. Wish the price is lower.

Reviewed 13 June 2013

This was first time I had visited a hot pot place, I wasnt ever sure what to do and where to begin...thanks to my colleagues, they showed me the way. They give you this huge array of options to create your own sauce - I was thrilled, I tried a lot of them with different ingredients every time and I was never disappointed. The hot pot was another success, tons of different veggies for the vegetarians. all in all, a great experience. Just one point to keep in since it bothered me, try not to sit with with all the non-vegetarians around, the smell starts to get to you...else give it a shot! You wont regret it.

Reviewed 23 March 2013 via mobile

This is enjoying steamboat without sweating as the restaurant is air conditioned. Every diner has its own small pot and not one communal pot.
You can mix your own condiment/sauces to dip with your food which is very nice.
Our family enjoy the food very much here.