“Worse than before”

and up
Night Out on Marina Bay in Singapore
Ranked #51 of 829 things to do in Singapore
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Its just as stuffy but the food is expensive, portion too little and the service is appalling. Was at the dessert stall, but after waiting and finally tell the lady what I wanted, she continued with her washing at the sink.

1  Thank Amboose95

Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

The market had opened again by July when we visited. Good variety of food and unique experience outdoors. Less value for money than other food markets in Chinatown which are less crowded

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We went here as we had heard good things. We found the experience to be overrated. We ordered from stalls 7 & 8 - beef prawn & chicken. All it was was BBQ meat on skewers with a small cup of satay to dip the skewer into. The beer was $20 a jog for tiger beer.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Never get bored eating barbecue Satay at this place...
Recommend you to try BEST SATAY stall no 7 - 8 as they meat, especially prawn are fresh.

Located in financial district/area of Singapore,...
You will never realize that this is a busy-car street on day-light as in the evening; they closed the street and open a SATAY stall and operate only during weekend and/or public holiday.

Can not give any recommendation on the opening time as we are an OWL and always end up ate there between 11pm - 2am...

Open air place with sky as the roof create a different atmosphere for affordable eating place in Singapore which is perfect to spend dinner + weekend hang out with friends, families, lovers [if one of your friends, families member not into SATAY, Chinese + Indian food stall also available].

Now, as lots of construction-redecorating going on in Singapore here and there.
The LAU PA SAT food center also get affected with it, however you can not really notice it since the construction work only going on during day-light.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

I am a tourist and I have been to Singapore on many occasions. Lau Pa Sat food festival is one of my favorite eating places cos I really like the satay street open concept. I was there in December last year unfortunately Lau Pa Sat was under renovation and I was told the renovation works will take another month so I would expect it to be completed in January/February 2014. I m here now in Singapore since last week and again I visited Lau Pa Sat and to my frustration, the renovation works are still not completed. Several days ago I read an article published in the straits times wherein it said Lau Pa Sat is not ready yet . The management has spent SGD 4 million for the renovation works. I wish to highlight that this is a monument in Singapore and having spent SGD 4 million,:the roof which in bad shape is still not replaced. Is the management looking into this? Is this not part of the renovation works as it appears to me that the image of Lau Pa Sat with this kind of roof is down to earth. Just sharing my personal opinion based on the article i've read with this SGD 4Million worth of renovation for this kind of eating place. Up to date it's still close.