“I enjoy a great hospitality of the warm hostess... it felt like a home...”

iStay.inn Singapore
Ranked #156 of 235 Speciality Lodging in Singapore
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I always felt soo safe staying here while I visit Singapore.. ..staffs are very respectful and kind taking care of my needs... always ... I returned so many times... all the atmosphere /sensation is nowhere else you could compare in Singapore , guests always feel so free and cozy safe like returning home while we are travelling where is a clean floor ... and its clean floor of the quality that I can be bare feet ... likely home... the toilets and bedroom are always very clean like home... and well taken care by the staff and hostess ,I dont like a dirty floor where I have to stay at hostel... esp the boss is wonderful beautiful lady who gently taking care and comforted guests like her family, with a wonderful heart and soul....... .......... its a soul belonging....beautiful....hostels .. that I never going to forget in my life......

Room Tip: Its better staying in a room away from window that close to main road traffic ... 4 bd domes is perf...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank natalie l

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I came to Singapore for the first time and I went to this hostel. This hostel made me instantly like Singapore. When I went up with heavy luggages the staff came down and helped us. It's location was perfect for buying groceries and toiletries, when you go downstairs there is a variety of foods to choose from. It was only a 2 minute walk to the train station.

The staff were really friendly and generous. We got free wifi and free breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 24 June 2014

For this place, it is very expensive since it is located in the downtown. It was near to the MRT just opposite of the road in Chinatown. I booked for a room with 4 beds since I went with my group of friends. The place was quite clean, but I could smell something fishy on the walk way. Inside the room, the room was clean, but it was too small. If you need some space, you will need to be in your bed. The air condition was really loud and making some annoying noise in the night. I couldn't really sleep on that night even I put my ear plug on. In the morning, they will provide you pack of bread and milk for you to eat. You will have to do it by yourself. The toilet itself was okay not bad even it is a shared room. Overall, it is very expensive, but if you need to stay in the downtown, you could prefer here.

Room Tip: "Ask for a quite room"
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Hotels and hostels in Singapore are expensive and this is no exception. We booked a 4bed room for 4 people for 2 nights. When we arrived at the hostel, there was no one in reception and it took us waiting there at least 5 minutes before someone emerged from behind us with no apology and little interest. We were checked in but not shown to our room, not told where we could find the showers or the toilet and not offered the wifi code.

Later, after again waiting at the reception for someone to appear, we asked for some towels which it states at the reception are available to be rented - they aren't. We knew the place was less than half full because all the doors to the empty dorms were open. So why weren't there any towels available? The member of staff suggested that we went to buy some, which wasn't the ideal answer.

Later, we decided that we didn't want to stay there after the attitude of the staff and the other guests walking around smoking and drinking. The hostel advertises family rooms but it is not appropriate for families. There is one toilet which is downstairs and has to be accessed by going outside - not what you want to be doing in the middle of the night.

We went to check out but surprise surprise, there was no member of staff present so we left the key and walked.

Do not stay here. There are plenty of better places within a similar price range that you will enjoy more. My recommendation from a previous stay in Singapore is Adler Hostel, just down the road from IStayInn.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 April 2014

iStay.inn, China Town is a good place to stay. I went to Singapore with friends and booked two rooms for 7 people online. The hotel stands not far from the MRT China Town station (cross the street and walk around 50m.) The receptionist is really nice, she answered all of my questions quite clear and help us a lot. The room is quite clean with air-con. A room I got has 2 bunk beds for 4 people (if you come alone you might have to stay with others like a youth hostel and shared bathroom, of course) Although water heater, shampoo and shower gel are inclusive, I really think they need to improve their bathrooms. I think there is not enough bathroom for the guests if the room are fully booked. BTW, it's a wonderful place for teenagers and young adults.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Poumpak
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I've booked iStay.inn with my other friends for a total of 4 nights. Hotels are extremely overpriced in Singapore and we're glad we've chosen the right place to stay. Room was not big but comfortable and clean and just what we needed. We love hanging out in the common area. Location wise, this hostel is an excellent base to explore Singapore, walking distance to the bus and subway station. There are many restaurants and bars in the area downstairs opened till late. Great value for money and would definitely recommend to my friends !

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Michael M
Reviewed 12 February 2014

If you ever wanted to see a small box called room with two small beds, dirt on the walls, with a tastefully breakfast (old marmalade, peanutbutter, toast and instant coffee) kme meter away of a smelling staff toilet for a load of money you are at the right place. If it would cost a quarter of that it would be ok, but there is no relation between price and reality. What is good is the Chinese restaurant under the hostel, that it is in the city center and that it is mostly relatively clean.

• Stayed: February 2014