“Not too good, rude staff” 2 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Japanese, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
manila
“Not too good, rude staff”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

Wasn't impressed with the taste. Felt it was just ordinary noodle shop. What's worse is that when we asked for a cup to share the water we brought in, they didn't give us one saying bec they discourage bringing in water or drinks from outside. That is quite pathetic since the branch we visited is the one in resorts world, which we all know have hotels around it that serves complimentary water and that most guests staying in the area bring in water when dining. Though they gave us free chicken karaage which was good.

• Visited December 2013

• Indonesian first
SG
“RamenPlay---Suntec City”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013

Very expensive food for budget travellers and locals S$50 for 3 normal tasted noodles /ramen D1 D6 D7.

The pricing on the menu on top of the cashier DOES NOT include 7% Tax and 10% Service Charge. Located at Suntec City basement "foodrepublic" area.

Do not be confused that it's food court pricing. Its NOT. The sitting and tables is like normal food court especially during dining hours when mixed with customers from toastbox.

Just felt IMO, it's not worth in terms of food quality, environment and service.

Thanks.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank sgfriend09
“RamenPlay - Sentosa”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

I have visited other branches of RamenPlay and while the food is not top notch, it is decent enough for a mass market noodle place with a decent price point.

However, the branch at Sentosa, located in Resorts World has left a bad taste in my mouth - and I didn't even get to eat there.

I was there at about 5.30pm and while the place had customers, it was not a mad crowd. Upon entering, I was greeted with the standard pseudo Japanese greeting that sounds like what it is: a foreigner working in Singapore, trying to speak Japanese. The only purpose of that greeting to me was that it let me know that my presence is acknowledged and I am not mistaken to be a delivery guy.

It was all downhill from there. While acknowledged, no floor staff approached me to seat me. I saw 3 floor staff and a chap standing by the kitchen entrance who kept eyeing me but made no move to do anything. This is despite the place being only half full. Finally, a lady waiter, who literally had her hands full, looked at me and I gestured to her the number of people in my party. With a perfunctory nod, she went back to single handedly serve the whole place.

In the meantime, her 2 other floor colleagues were mysteriously very busy, going in and out of the kitchen and huddling with each other by the terminal by the kitchen entrance. They did not glance at me and were engrossed in everything except where the money is: the restaurant floor and customers waiting to be seated.

The first lady could have taken 10 secs to seat my party before going onto served everyone else. Instead, serving condiments and side dishes to people who already had their food appeared to be more important.

I turned and walked out to a competing noodle place where service was almost instantaneous. My ratings on their food, value and atmosphere is based other outlets I have visited. Terrible marks in service is for the Sentosa outlet; a shame as I found the service at the other outlets above average. Price point is also with reference to the Sentosa outlet; it is almost double the prices of the outlets in other parts of Singapore.

Do no worry about giving this place a miss.

• Visited October 2013
“Ramen Play Novena”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

This place looks promising so we came to try it. The ramen was not great. The soup could be more flavoursome. But service was rather good. The servers kept coming around to refill our tea.

• Visited September 2013
Perth, Australia
“Appertisers were just right”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

If you want to try a few different dishes, try the appetisers.

The Chicken salad with mustard sauce was really different as the pork and onion dish which forget the name.

Those two dishes were ample for a quick snack. Well recommended

• Visited August 2013