“Go there for Roast Pork”

Teahouse The Asian Kitchen
Ranked #243 of 327 Coffee & Tea in Singapore
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Very good food. We had twin roast platter, died rice, longan red date iced drink & chinese tea. Everything was tasty, but the roast pork was the star and the five stars are for it alone. Simply a must have. The crisp skin sits on the top of a perfectly cooked melt in mouth pork belly. Yum!

Reviewed 13 March 2014

This restaurant suggests it offers the best.. Having been turned away at 21.45 when it advertised 22.30 saying the kitchen always closes at this time to do then go back and try again another nite only to be disappointed by poor service and substandard food! Avoid at all cost!!

Reviewed 14 February 2014

Go early because this place really gets full very fast.

We ate here twice in one evening ( !! ) , once during our shopping spree when we had dinner and then after we finished our shopping expedition we stopped by again for dessert. Need I say more?

And rightly so -- if it's Asian cuisine you crave then the restaurant has all the popular offerings and some less well known items as well.

No frills --- but great food, for which you will keep coming back. At popular prices.

Reviewed 14 December 2013

I would really like to keep this place a secret but they are so fab I feel it only fair to them to share how we feel about this place. This medium teahouse restaurant located in the basement floor of Raffles City is really popular with locals and tourists. Every time I come to Singapore it is my first stop! I am in Singapore now and it is the first place I went to for dinner. In fact, my daughter insists we have at least one meal a day there and we have, bar one day, done just that. There food is excellent. It is busy, can be noisy, but incredibly popular. I've never booked and there have been a few times where I've had to wait in a little line to get a table but it is worth it. Food and service is pretty quick! If you love roast duck and crispy skin pork go there. And the vegetable dishes are fab too. My teenage daughter lives Grandma Wu's veg dish (no. 50) and insists on ordering one for herself as she doesn't want to share. So love love this place!

Reviewed 3 June 2013

Been here in Singapore for a week and yet to dine at a Chinese restaurant that's impressive. In short, I gave the chef two thumbs up on leaving. Pork was soft flesh and crisp skin without being over salty.
I'll be back. Wasn't expecting his from an eatery in a food hall. Glad I was proven wrong.