“Excellent service! ”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

This is the first time we have a fusion of french and japanese style cuisine, and the chef did a great job! Emphasis on the original flavour of the food, excellent services provided by the staff, really worth the search on here! Just one suggestion to make it even better would be the padsion of food when explaining the menu and dishes, and the clarity of English for one of the staff we have will make it perfect.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

chose this restaurant after consulting trip advisor!
it is a genuine small french restaurant in the heart of singapore, with a visible and friendly french owner/chef
we had the tasting menu...we have had better meals in france, but not many! very, very good food.
good french wine by the glass, and an extensive wine list.
service was friendly but not quite top notch. two locals at separate tables went to the service tables to get their own wine to serve!
just a little bit of tidying up to do, but to be honest it did not detract from the evening...in fact the lack of pretention was refreshing!
price good for the quality S$300 for two

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Enjoyed the Tasting Menu. Each course is a surprise with different tastes, texture and some fusion of tastes. The Hokkaido scallop was excellent. The main course pigeon done medium was a complete blow away. Dessert was an array of bite sized cakes and ice cream of sorts

Reviewed 25 April 2014

So I found myself in Singapore and was taken to this restaurant. I did not know what to expect other that it was recommended as one of the places to try while in Singapore.
Off we went then.
First thing that threw me off a bit was the concept. a 7 or 8 courses meal where you only really have the choice for the main course. The rest is the same for everyone. Now that can sound exciting (it was to me) or not so much if you can't eat some of the items they pre-selected for you (my wife could not eat the Pigeon, so I ate it LOL).

I can't remember exactly what every dish was but man oh man! I had never expected to eat that well and be that WOWed. Every course was phenomenal.

White Asparagus, Perfectly cooked Egg, Caviar, Japanese broth, Prawns, Pigeon... and pork for main course. Too bad all the pictures are still in my camera.

Wine list is also pretty good and there are some wines there that are not easily found in Singapore (or even France for that matter).

I cannot recommend this place enough to everyone that wants to have a fabulous meal.

Will be back for more as soon as I am in Singapore again.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

I booked dinner for 3 people and that doubled in size to 6 people to celebrate my 70th Birthday.
All my guests flew in from Australia for the occasion and all were blown away by this excellent restaurant.
We absolutely enjoyed the Tasting Menu Number 196 complete with paired wines at SGD 188 ++ and considered it great value.
Chef Nicolas and his staff were ever present and yet did not interrupt our dinner in any way.
The portion sizes were just the right size and the quality was excellent.
Chef Nicolas has been trained in 2 & 3 star Michelin Restaurants, and it shows, and when he preempted our departure by standing in the street to hail two taxis for us, we were blown away again.
This in the opinion of my 5 guests is the best restaurant in Singapore..