Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 November 2014

Royal hostel was great, fantastic location, lovely staff and clean. They do absolutely pack the beds into the dorms so it's very busy and if you get a snorer you won't get much sleep. Still great value though and I would go back.

Date of stay: June 2014
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 31 October 2014

Great hostel. My wife and I -- both Australians -- stayed in a secure, private room (with air conditioning). The premises are small, but this is expected in a small area, such as Chinatown. We then moved into the shared dorm; the other guests are respectful of one another (you can use your own locker to secure your belongings and will need to buy a lock). The breakfast is small but enough to get going for the day. The staff are really helpful and confirmed our stay and the prices before we arrived; they purchased the place only recently and are trying to build it up. They have internal experience as backpackers and know what backpackers look for as a minimum. The showers and toilets are clean and regularly maintained by the lady who lives on the premises. One can complain about value for money, but if you are a backpacker, and seek to travel on a tight budget, you need the essentials, such as security of property, a quiet, comfortable place to sleep, and clean washing and toilet facilities. (It is also in Chinatown and literally minutes form the the railway station and the local Hawker's market, so it is well placed. Noise from outside was not an issue.) I recommend it.

Room tip: Pay a little extra if you prefer a quiet room by yourself or with a partner.
Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 23 September 2014 via mobile

I book tru Agoda, made a mistake on d date,emailed them and I receive affirmation and prompt assistance.in a matter of seconds. Very good service from checking time, whether you stay long or short doesn't matter, they treat all fair and all smiles. Ethan is just wonderful. Open and helpful. The location is perfect, safe and delicious with so many resto , food stall to choose from. Today, they have a Autumn festival so the street is filled with beautiful orchid displays hanging. Just feeling good. Unlimited coffee and tea. Just the basic things you need. Definitely highly recommended. One set back though , don't bring big heavy luggage coz there is no lift. Stairs all the way to reception BT its ok . still good for the body. Little exercise does much.

Date of stay: September 2014
Reviewed 6 September 2014 via mobile

Excellent communication, initially through Airbnb.
Highly flexible hostel, I guess all my requests were just possible, whilst somewhere else they were not!
In the end, I ended up cancelling my reservation, because the sorry term stay wasn't necessary anymore. Also no problem at all! Big A+
Thanks for everything!
Cheers!
Inco Planje

Date of stay: September 2014
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 27 August 2014

The hostel situated in Chinatown which is very close to the MRT station, just 2-3 minutes walk. Breakfast included was simple but still, I could choose from peanut butter, jam, or even kaya on my toast! The hostel was clean and comfortable. One thing to remind, the air-con will be turned off from 10AM - 4PM, if you usually wake up late, you will only have the fan. I'm not concerning at all since I was out most of the time. All in all, I would highly recommend this budget hostel.

Date of stay: August 2014