“One very comfy night in Singapore”
Review of Fisher BnB

Fisher BnB
KL
“One very comfy night in Singapore”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I stayed at the Fisher BnB solo for a night in the female dorm. I chose the hostel mostly for its simple, contemporary decor. I wasn't disappointed - the owners are helpful and a pleasure to talk to, the hostel is secure, you get two spacious locker cubicles to yourself in your dorm, the clean bathrooms have shampoo+body wash so you don't need to bring your own and one of the owners, James, even fried an omelette for my breakfast to go with the bread and condiments on the stove in the pantry/recreation hall =D It's a nice touch, bound to make you feel somewhat like staying over in a friend's house. Plus, the hostel is located between two MRT stations, one on the Green Line and the other on the Purple line, so getting around is no hassle. I agree with one of the previous reviewers, curtains in the bunks would be great. I made do with my towel when I was there though :) Wishing the owners all the best in maintaining the place; I'd love to come back and stay here.

fisherbnb, Manager at Fisher BnB, responded to this review, 24 November 2013
Thank you for staying with Fisher BnB!

We are happy that guests appreciate the simple, contemporary décor of the premises, security, cleanliness, functionality of the lockers and breakfast.
Your kind words are indeed encouragement to our team who take effort to make Fisher BnB a comfortable place for our guests.

Thank you for taking time to give us feedback and a good review!

Looking forward to welcome you soon!

James & Li

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
New Delhi
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I stayed at Fisher BnB for two weeks in the month of October. It was really a catch. The place is nice. Clean and cosy.

The best part is that the owners - lee and James are very friendly and will go to any extent to help you out. if you are new to Singapore, trust the chirpy, bubbly Li to guide you through the city. Or offer an umbrella when it's raining. And when you are feeling home-sick, Li is there to chat up with you on philosophy, culture and your family.

And when reviews are saying above that it's a home away from home, they are not far from the assessment.

It's a new place and hope that both James and Li can maintain it. Wishing both best of luck and whenever I am travelling alone to Singapore, I am sure that I will be Li and James' guest.

Just one tip to James and Li: Can there be curtains in the bunks? :-) That would be really nice.

Room Tip: It's a hostel format. So all rooms are nice. I personally prefer the upper bunks, as they offer...
fisherbnb, Manager at Fisher BnB, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear Surender

Thank you for taking time to give us an excellent review. It was indeed a pleasure to have you staying with us for 2 weeks.

We are passionate about what we do and we do our best to make our guests enjoy their stay with us. It was indeed great getting to know you and Noor!

Thank you for the feedback on the curtains.

Looking forward to welcome you on your next trip to Spore...hopefully real soon:)

Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I've been stayin at Fisher BnB for more than three weeks. I really loved the place, it felt like home. James and Li (the owners) are nice and caring and made my stay very pleasant. Nice, clean and spacious place with really good breakfast. Would definately stay there again! -- Matthias

fisherbnb, Manager at Fisher BnB, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Dear Matthias

Thank you so much for the compliments! We are delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay at Fisher BnB! It is a privilege to have you staying with us for over 3 weeks!
It was indeed great getting to know you and would like to let you know that you'll be missed at Fisher BnB!

We certainly look forward to be able to welcome you & your friends in the near future!
Have a great time in Thailand!
All in the best in your career! We are sure you will do extremely well!
Stay in touch:)

Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I stayed in Fisher BnB for 15 days and didn't feel like I was in a Hostel at all (In a great way ofcourse), I felt like I were still in my home. The place was very peaceful and safe, very happy, very clean, and the staff are very polite, courteous, nice to talk with and speaks english well. All but one person who were there during my stay had nice experience there. That person was not a very ideal room mate, was very grumpy, had no respect to his room mates and left a lot of trash in his bed when he left. I am pretty sure he'll give a very bad rating here but readers should not mind him.

They have a nice clean kitchen set up, offers a nice delicious breakfast (Omelet is superb!), laundry service is fast, you can iron your clothes too. Sufficient, clean, well ventilated Toilet and Baths. Internet is fast. And the lockers? Great for heavy packer like me. They give 2 big lockers per visitor, 1 for your luggage and 1 for your hanged and folded clothes. Room is airconditoned. No cufew as well!

Bed and mattress was just perfect and they provide comforter and towels as well.

You might want to bring slippers for your use inside the place and 2 pcs of padlocks.

I remember I was kind of under the weather too during my stay and they were kind enough to offer me medicine. Really nice caring people.

Anyway, I am a regular Singapore visitor and I usually stay somewhere else but now I have found my preferred place of stay on a regular basis. I will definitely recommend this place to friends, family and colleagues.

1 Thank Byron-from-Manila
fisherbnb, Manager at Fisher BnB, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Dear Bryon

It was indeed our pleasure to have you staying with us! We are delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay and indeed encouraged by your kind words.

We appreciate your compliments on our cleanliness, room and the breakfast! To improve guest stay experience, we value guests feedback and will constantly strive to improve in areas that are lacking.

Certainly look forward to welcoming you, your family and friends to Fisher BnB whenever you return to Singapore!

Thank you so much for choosing Fisher BnB!

Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

I simply can't imagine to get a better Hostel to this Price. Everything is clean, comfortable
and due to the fact that the owners are really awesome i felt at Home.

If they are keeping this high Quality, it will be the number one adress for all low budget travellers visiting Singapore.

We will come again whenever we are going to singapore!

Yours Sincerely,
Thorsten and Markus from Germany

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Thorsten alias Toto
fisherbnb, Manager at Fisher BnB, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Hi Thorsten & Markus

Thank you for giving us an excellent review. We appreciate guests who take time and effort to share their experience on Trip Advisor with everyone.Your words of encouragement will certainly spur our team to continually provide excellent service and make our guests feel like their 2nd home whenever they stay in Fisher BnB!

We certainly look forward to welcoming Markus, you and your friends to Fisher BnB in the near future! Hope you had a wonderful time in Singapore! Enjoy your time in Australia!

Best Regards
James & Li Hwei
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I Stayed at this hostel 1 month ago. there are three of us.

the hostel is very clean and comfortable.

the owner is nice and they make delicious omelet.

The bed is a little bit fragile. just a little bit.

very recommended!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Yaseinotulip
fisherbnb, Manager at Fisher BnB, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Thank you for the compliments! We appreciate guests who take time & effort to give us a review.
Looking forward to welcome you in your next trip to Singapore!

Regards
Li
Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Bad experience : Owner too strict , prejudiced behaviour : didnot trust guest about " small things" : copy of booking , lace of card , plastic bag .
Owner should be more " flexible , tolerant and mutual trust with guest .

The Air-con ONLY turned ON during 5 pm to 11 am , a bit "stingy" .

( which is NOT written clearly in the Hotel policy )

The Air-con normally should be turned on when guest is still in the bed room sleeping during day time .
Perpiring un-comfortable feeling during day time in the bedroom .

Hostel should provide slippers , because shoes are not permitted to enter the hostel.

Owner should fix the Bathroom and toilet with Air-Ventilation , because both has no ventilation : dangerous for our lungs , no air circulation inside.

No hanger in the toilet : no place to hang our trouser / pant / underwear .

Room Tip: Bad experience : Owner too strict , prejudiced behaviour : didnot trust guest about " small t...
fisherbnb, Manager at Fisher BnB, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Hi Mr Yusuf

Thank you for the review!

We would appreciate your understanding that documents are required for verification during check in and extension of stay for the security of guests. Guests are advised to use their allocated lockers with locks during their stay for the safety of their belongings. As we bring guests to the room, we will show them the facilities and inform them about air-condition operating hours. There is also a notice in the room indicating the room etiquette. During 11am-5pm, the 2 windows and door in the room are open, and there are 2 oscillating fans which are switched on for ventilation. Ventilation is also available in the toilet by turning on the switch (labelled ventilation) located next to the lights. To upkeep the cleanliness of the premises, shoes are placed on the shoe rack located at the entrance of the premises and we vacuum and mop the floor daily. During check out, the refundable deposit will be returned to the guests when the key card is returned with the lanyard at the reception.

We would like to thank you for the feedback on the lack of hangers in the toilet. Yes, we’ll be installing hooks in the toilet.

We appreciate guests who take time to give us feedback so that we could improve the stay quality of our guests. Do hope you will return to stay with us again!

Thank you!