“Great value for money”

Fisher BnB
Pondicherry, India
“Great value for money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

Myself and my friend stayed here for 3 days during Dec 13 , We felt lucky for choosing fishers ..
Owners were very friendly and co-operative , cleanlines is maintained on all corners of this place , Breakfast was good , very well located with quick connectivity to MTS and definitely I will recommed this for all budget travellers... 1 consideration which I would request is to increase the fans as during day time as A/c remain switched off and installed rotating fans does not cover all the beds particularly the beds at the bottom causes sweaty and stafocation..... Thanks.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
fisherbnb, Manager at Fisher BnB, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear Vijay

Thank you so much for the review and feedback!
We are glad that you appreciated the cleanliness, convenience of the location and breakfast. So happy to be able to host the both of you!

Regarding the feedback on the fans in the dormitory, there are 2 fans in each dormitory which guests can adjust the fan speed. During housekeeping hours, we switch off the air-con, open the doors and windows (for the Mixed Dormitory) and turn on both fans to ventilate the room. Air-condition is switched on from 5pm to next day 11am daily.

We look forward to welcome you and your friends whenever you visit Spore!

Once again, thank you

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

A very cute, clean, and cozy place that feels like home! The location is very convenient being at the center of the city, with 7-11, charming cafés, and a food court just a few steps away. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Best of all, the rate is very affordable for backpackers! :)

• Stayed May 2014
fisherbnb, Manager at Fisher BnB, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear bloggerista

Thank you for the compliments.

We are happy that you found the location convenient in terms of amenities such as eateries, cafes and transport. We are just 10 minutes away from 2 MRT Stations (Lavender MRT and Farrer Park MRT) by foot.

Our team members do our best in giving assistance to our guests in whatever way we can to make our guests stay a memorable one!

Once again, thank you for your kind words. This will spur us to keep up the standards.
We look forward to you returning soon!

Jakarta, Indonesië
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 1 night in a dormroom for 18 people. The location was good, the beds were nice, the hostel was clean, the price was good (for Singapore), the breakfast nice, the owners helpfull and nice and the vibe was good. If you're not a good sleeper, you can maybe stay in a dormroom with less people or take a private room, but otherwise it's OK! Thanks!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
fisherbnb, Manager at Fisher BnB, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear Marrit & Kevin

Thank you for taking time to share your experience on Trip Advisor.

We enjoyed hosting the both of you and wish that we had Kevin & yourself stay longer with us. Good that you found the location convenient, enjoyed the comforts of the bed, cleanliness of the premises and breakfast.

Yes, we do have 2 other room types options (10-Bed Female Dormitory and Family room for 4) for guests who prefer staying with fewer people.

We hope to have the opportunity to host the both of you and your friends whenever you are in Singapore!

Happy Travelling!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

Not only the owners are friendly and kindly, but also every rooms are very clean and comfortable!
The owners willong to answer every questions kindly. They also teach me many delicious restaurants,food,and many places which I should go to.
They are Singaporean Chinese,so you can use English and Chinese.
I recommend to everyone this nice hostel~!!

• Stayed May 2014
fisherbnb, Manager at Fisher BnB, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear Mogi

Thank you so much for your kind words!
We are glad that you have enjoyed your stay. Our team are always happy to share with our guests on places to go and local food hunts where the locals go.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience in Tripadvisor!
We look forward to welcome you soon!

Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

We were there with our two little children. They will never forget the smile on the breakfast toasts and the one on Li's face.
Everything was perfekt.
Next time in Singapor will be in Fisher BnB.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
fisherbnb, Manager at Fisher BnB, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear SW

Thank you for compliments! It is our pleasure to host you and your family.
We are glad that you appreciated the cleanliness of the premises ad other aspects as well.

Once again, thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor!
We look forward to welcome you back at Fisher BnB whenever you are in Singapore!

Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

I went here with my sister on April 27th - 30th, 2014. This is my first experience stay in a hostel. Li, James, and Bill are very friendly. I was given a map and helped on where to go in Singapore. I stayed in female dorm. The room was very clean and comfortable. Fisher Bnb located near 2 MRT stations. I had a great stay at Fisher Bnb! Thankyou so much Li, James, and Bill.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
fisherbnb, Manager at Fisher BnB, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear Graca

Thank you so much for staying with us.
We enjoyed hosting you and your sister, Brenda!

It is always our pleasure to share with our guests on places to explore and things to do in Singapore. We enjoyed what we do and we do our best to make our guests' stay enjoyable. Fisher BnB is located between 2 MRT stations (Farrer Park & Lavender). This makes it really convenient for guests to explore our sunny Singapore. Also, there are many good local food, a swimming pool, convenience stores and many awesome Cafes surrounding us.

Thank you so much for taking time to give us a wonderful review!
We look forward to welcoming you back at Fisher BnB whenever you return to Singapore!

Your Sincerely
Siem Reap, Cambodia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

Both owners are very friendly and easy to talk to; they speak perfect English. Li is knowledgable about good places for sightseeing, shopping, and the MRT system. U can buy many kind of discounted tours and attractions tickets from this hostel. I slept quite good during my 7 nights stay there (comfy bed and just the right sleeping temperature). I shared the dorm with 15 other guests (16-bed mixed dorm), but I never really have any problem except for some light snoring. Everyone was considerate and respected other guests's privacy plus the set up in the dorm give you a lot of privacy as well. Only two showers and 3 toilets on my floor, but somehow we all never really needed to use them at the same time. Hence, I never had to wait in order to use the facilities. The day before I scheduled to check-out, I hurt my wrist; the owners offered to take me to see a doctor. Wished I had went to see the doctor as suggested. I realized that the injury was quite serious once I arrived in Malaysia. The check-out morning it had not been for Li to wake me up, I might be late getting to the airport. Thank you, Li!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Nara L
fisherbnb, Manager at Fisher BnB, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear Nara

Thank you for staying in Fisher BnB!
Hope you have seen a doctor and your hand has fully recovered!

We are glad to know that you have enjoyed the comfy bed, amenities and privacy in dorm due to guests who were considerate and dorm set-up, .

It is always our pleasure to share with our guests on interesting places to visit, eat and experience the Spore culture!

Fortunately you told us your flight time and what time you intend to check out. We woke you up when we didn't see you the following morning! Hope you manage to have some time at the airport before flying to KL!

One again, thank you for taking time to share your experience on tripadvisor!
We hope to be able to host you whenever you are in Spore!
Take care!