“Hostel for singles”

5footway.inn Project Boat Quay
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Well equipped hostel with sufficient bathroms and showers, clean rooms, good WIFI.
Very poor breakfast, too expensive from 2 people up. If you are more than 2 in your party you'll get a nice hotel room for the same price or cheaper.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Theodor S
There are newer reviews for 5footway.inn Project Boat Quay

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I love the location for this place as it's situated in front of a river and there are many restaurants and chillout spots around. However the shared bathroom is dirty and smelly with rubbish on the floor and my room had a funny smell too. I'm the kind of person that doesn't mind to stay in a small place as long as it's clean but unfortunately this place isn't clean. If this place was clean it would have potentially been a great place to stay!

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Sze Y
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I booked a $60 single room in the Hostel for a night, as I wanted a quiet stay.
I had to wait 2 hours to see my room as check in was not before 3pm, after that they bring me to 5 sq meter room with 2 beds without window, I explain that this is not what I booked for, and they I want a single room with a window as seen in the website. ( The Staff is like robot without smile and can t give you explanation of what happens.. ). Finally they find another room for me but asked me to pay for a supplement of $16 - So total I had to pay $76 for a room that it still very basic when I was supposed to have booked for the most expensive already!

No way to talk with staff they are robots ...

Finally, even by paying this price I did not have a quiet stay as I was facing the street with loud music until 3AM.

It looks nice on the website but this is the worst place I've ever stayed. I expected to have a nice breakfast at least but even this was disgusting.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
5Footway_Manager2, Manager at 5footway.inn Project Boat Quay, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear JuanArmel,

Thank you for your comments on 5footway.inn Project Boat Quay.

We apologized for the discomfort you experience during your stay.

​We seek for your understanding that check-in time is after 3pm so as to promise high standard of room cleanliness. However, will do our best to improve our standards to shorten the waiting time for check in.

We will also look into the standards of our staff by arranging "Customer service" courses to improve on their service level.

As we are located along the river, the noise level along the river is beyond our control, but we will look into alternatives for rooms with windows sure as providing ear plugs.

Thank you again for you valuable comments, and it was an honor to host you.

Look forward to seeing you again in Singapore!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

This would be my worst hostel stay ever, as it was the first time we stayed in a hostel.

It was dirty, the room was extremely basic (got a loft room of 3 for ourselves - 2). No, extremely basic doesn't do it justice. It was poor, dirty and smelly. The linen didn't look as if it had been washed recently and during the day I dreaded going back there at night.

Luckily we only had to stay for 2 nights, 2 of the longest nights I've ever had on a holiday.
It's not even worth going into details, it really is a crappy place.

Staff are OK-ish I guess. And the free use of the Macs on reception might come in handy for some. That is really it.

Toilets are disgusting and saw the cleaner at work, dressed as if she was handling hazardous materials, with a face mask, long rubber gloves/boots and kitchen tongs?! Really?!

Anyway, to get to the toilets you'd have to pass through the reception area...Who's smart idea was that?

Do yourself a favour and find something else. We were desperate as couldn't find anything reasonable available those 2 nights. Our next option was £170 a night at Conrad.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank live2see
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We stayed here in a private double room for 2 nights. Firstly I should mention how helpful 5footway.inn was as a company, as we originally booked to stay at Project Chinatown 2 but found there were little mites crawling around the walls of our room and as the hostel was full they agreed without hesitation to move us to Boat Quay for no fee and I have to say that Boat Quay is much better in every way.
The location is superb, a couple of minutes walk from Clarke Quay MRT station from where you can easily get to anywhere in Singapore as the public transport is excellent. The location overlooking the river is very pleasant, particularly at night from the common area where you can drink free hot drinks in front of the illuminated Singapore skyline including the Marina Bay Sands hotel.
Our room was comfortable enough, no window but a large bed which was raised up off the floor to maximise floor space. The free Wi-Fi in the rooms was really quick and guests have access to computers in the reception area. They also washed and dried our laundry free of charge, and stored our luggage for us on our last day as we weren't leaving until the evening.
I can't give it the full five stars as the shared bathrooms weren't in the best condition; I can only think that this may be because they have too few staff as it seemed the bathrooms were not cleaned very regularly in spite of the fact that the staff were very hard working and helpful. The bathrooms are also quite a distance from some rooms meaning you have to walk through the reception area in your towel. The breakfast is also quite average but is adequate and for the money you pay in this most expensive of cities for accommodation, what do you expect?
Ultimately, I think you will find it difficult (I certainly couldn't!) to find better value in Singapore and we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2014

This hostel is in a great location, it is probably its best quality. The rooms were clean and fresh, not to small either. Our room used a shared bathroom however and it was never clean. There was always lots of water on the floor and the toilets were very dirty. Another problem we found was a staff member had her children in the hostel while she worked which would be no problem but they were always using the only 2 computers in the lobby. Breakfast was also difficult, there was a large family (not sure if it was a staff members) in the kitchen every breakfast, it made it uncomfortable when you feel like your intruding on their breakfast with kids running around pushing past you to use the toaster. It is expensive but not by Singapore's standards and its only a 5 min walk to the nearest train station.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jessie0172
Reviewed 21 April 2014

This hostel felt up to date with nice facilities, good Internet connection and friendly staff. I stayed on 4 bed dorm and it was clean and quite. Didn't like the fact that the female bathroom was on the same floor as the front desk. I was missing some social activities organized by the hostel, for example game nights or pub crawl. OK breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo