“Very good value for the set lunch”

Olivia Cassivelaun Fancourt
Ranked #1,761 of 10,524 Restaurants in Singapore
Price range: US$28 - US$115
Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Neighbourhood: The Quays
Description: OCF is tucked away in one of Singapore's oldest national monuments- The Arts House. The open kitchen captivates with the artistry and culinary skills of Executive Chef Jonathan Koh and the collection of wines are carefully curated by the General Manager Novalan Dorasamy. Soulful live music accompany guests as they dine on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. For private events, OCF's Private Dining Room exclusively caters for 12 guests with a scenic view that faces the Singapore river.
Singapore, Singapore
1,190 restaurant reviews
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,527 helpful votes
“Very good value for the set lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

Had the set lunch here recently for $38++ SGD: 3 courses. Tasting wine available at very reasonable prices. Located a short walk from the CBD in the Old Parliament House buildings, and didn't seem to be so busy perhaps as a result.

Food quality was excellent for the price with good service also.

Will certainly be returning.

• Visited October 2013

“A Great Secret!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

I had never heard of this place, however I just had lunch there and the food was very good along with warm unobtrusive service, we had a 6 course tasting lunch which was well prepared and presented with stunning flavours. The music was a tad loud for lunch and the aircon needs some attention, the setting is very nice and I will be back.

• Visited September 2013
Singapore
“French fine dining accomplished by a local chef”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

I came to this French fine dining restaurant on two separate occasions- one for lunch as my office was a stone's throw away from the restaurant and the other time dinner with some friends. For lunch, I had the Executive Lunch set with Maine Lobster & Capellini Pasta for my main course. Presentation of the dish was simple but the burst of lobster flavour really got my taste-buds dancing as I had my first bite. There was a generous portion of lobster chunks and the pasta was perfectly coated in the ingredient's taste. The lunch set was very reasonably priced at $38 for a three-course meal and I thought it a good place to bring my business partners for lunch the next time.

My second visit was for dinner to celebrate a friend's birthday. I ordered the American Prime Striploin from the ala carte menu and was pleasantly pleased when my steak came cooked to a seductive pink. It was tender to taste and just the right doneness. My friend ordered the Iberian Pork Collar and she seemed thoroughly satisfied savouring her dish and polishing her plate thereafter.

Having had such a sumptuous meal on both occasions, I expected to see a French chef helming the kitchen. Instead, I found out from the Maitre D that the chef was local and he had previously trained in France, alongside Michelin-starred chefs. I am proud to know our local chefs can also command the standard of their foreign counterparts. Will definitely be dining here more often!

• Visited September 2013
Singapore
“pretty on the outside but no substance”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2013

I decided to visit Olivia Cassivelaun Fancourt with my wife and was immediately turned off by the fake French accent of the local waiter. Food was average & although décor was nice it was trying way too hard and the experience did not match what was promised at all for the price.

• Visited May 2013
London, United Kingdom
“best restaurant in Singapore by a mile”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2013

we went for dinner with a couple of friends after seeing a review in Time Out Singapore magazine.

The restaurant is upstairs in the Arts House: a beautiful colonial building, and the main room of the restaurant is stunning, with a stage and piano on one side, a bar and the chefs on the other. This means you can sit at the bar to watch the chefs work or sit and watch/listen to the entertainment. Lots to see!

The menu is excellent - and the wine menu is mind blowing: not only do they have a great selection of wine but it is also very reasonably priced. We tried a Barolo to start with, followed by a bottle of the Maitre D' s recommendation red wine, which outshone the Barolo (which we were not expecting). He used to be a sommelier so it is definitely worthwhile asking for his recommendations.

We all had a set menu which seemed easy. Without exception, every course was a show stopped. Melt in the mouth food with incredibly fresh, interesting, international ingredients.

I think my favourite was the dessert - a take on bubble tea, it was a white chocolate shell which you cracked and inside were little 'bubbles' and the tea flavoured ice cream. It was like a kinder egg with a pudding inside.

The main thing that impressed us in this restaurant was the service. The staff were attentive, passionate and friendly. They gave perfect silver service, but it is not stuffy - so we felt relaxed. More than anything they listened to us, gave us exactly what we wanted and on more than one occasion exceeded our expectations.

This restaurant is world class. Definitely worth a visit.

• Visited May 2013