“A wonderful friendly hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of AMOY by Far East Hospitality

AMOY by Far East Hospitality
Ranked #3 of 309 Hotels in Singapore
“A wonderful friendly hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel is definitely worth a visit. It is very well located near Marina Bay and close to Chinatown with an MRT station across the road. It is a lovely boutique hotel situated in a chinese temple. The best thing though is the very friendly and helpful staff. They went out of their way to make our stay memorable, even walking us to a nearby MRT station. We will definitely be back to stay.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Tran Chau T, Manager at AMOY by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear John H,

Thank you for taking your time to share with us your experience at AMOY.

It is wonderful to read your review and to know you had a great time with us. Our location is well liked by many guests as there are just so many interesting places to visit and explore in just a short walking distance. I am also delighted to know our team members went out of their way to show you the direction and ensured you did not get lost. This is what we are all about; we serve our guests with utmost care and concern as we aim to make every stay a memorable experience. Your commendation means a lot to us and spurs us to do even better.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. My team and I look forward to welcoming you again.

Trinh Tran Chau

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Hong Kong, null, Hong Kong
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

For my first time in Singapore, the experience in this hotel gave me a great memory of Singapore. We arrived around 8am for the checking. The room was ready for us and they offer us breakfast even though we were not supposed to get one. The staff is extremely attentive to all your desires, and the decoration is unique. The room was great and the mini bar if all free. On top of that we had a free limousine back to the airport. And the location is right in the middle of the city, could walk everywhere.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Sam B,

Thank you for taking your time to write us this wonderful review.

We are committed to make every stay a memorable experience through delivering ultra personalized service. Our team members are all service champions who enjoy serving and delighting our guests with their big hearts and smiels. It is always heart-warming to know our guest appreciate our service and spread good words about AMOY. I am also glad to hear you enjoy the personal pick up from airport and our fabulous location. Your acknowledgement will inspire us to keep on improving on our product and service to serve you better in the future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

I spent a lot of time planning for my first business trip to Singapore and I was really looking for an interesting place to stay. I couldn't have chosen better than the AMOY. As others have mentioned, this little beauty is hidden right in the heart of Singapore, and behind one of the most memorable hotel entrances you could imagine. After passing through the 200-year-old, temple museum you step into a beautifully appointed lobby and first meet some of the friendliest hotel staff I've ever met. It's a very small hotel, but every room was a unique and custom-crafted masterpiece designed to preserve as much of the original architecture as possible. The customer service was outstanding, and I sincerely have to thank Jeremy and the rest of the AMOY staff for being so personally helpful during my stay. I hope to return soon.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Tran Chau T, Manager at AMOY by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Steven H,

Thank you for taking your time to share with us your experience.

It is so rewarding to know our guests enjoyed their stay and had great memories with us. Jeremy is thrilled to know you remembered him and appreciated his service. Our friendly team members are more than happy to be at your service anytime to ensure you are comfortable and well taken care of. This is what AMOY is all about, personalized service and warm hospitality. We aim to make every stay a memorable experience and I am glad we made yours a great one.

It is our pleasure to hear that you like the heritage – modern design of our hotel which we have painstakingly put in a lot of efforts to retain the beautiful historical aspects of the building. All of our rooms were converted from shop houses and every room has different layout that will give you a different feel when you stay in different room each time. We also focused on the functionalities of the room to ensure you will have everything you need while with us.

Your kind words will motivate us to do strive harder in our service while continuing making improvement on our product.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

AMOY hotel is beautiful and special. The details and special design and history gives it a special feeling. The staff is very professional but also personally caring. I look forward to my next stay and would highly recommend my colleagues and friends. Every request was addressed in a matter of a min. Very professional and friendly staff.
Professional service, Beautiful place

Room Tip: Depending if you travel solo or a couple, AMOY has different solutions that will make your stay unfo...
1 Thank Yarivas
Tran Chau T, Manager at AMOY by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Yarivas,

Thank you for taking your time to share with us your experience.

I am very delighted to read your review and know how enjoyable your stay was. As we aim to make every stay a memorable experience, it is very rewarding for us to receive your compliments about our team. Your acknowledgement means a lot to us and definitely motivates us to do better in our service.

Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

AMOY is a little gem of a boutique hotel by Far East Hospitality located in the heart of Singapore CBD.

Housed in a converted shop house, the front of the hotel is Fu Tak Chi Musuem, which used to be the first and oldest temple in Singapore. Walking under the lanterns and passing over the threshold of the entrance, one breathes in the sadness and burden of the history of the place. As the centrepiece of the museum is the model of a Chinese junk. Then’ as one passes through sliding glass doors into the lobby, one is greeted by bright airy sunlight (thanks to the covered skylight) and. chinoiserie. There is a wall covered with various Chinese surnames. The female staff is dressed in an uniform adapted from the cheongsam or qipao (the traditional Chinese dress). The ambience of chinoiserie is further heightened by Chinese paintings on gigantic flower pots.

The theme of chinoiserie continues in the rooms. Most noticeably, one is struck by the chinese lattice on the TV wall.

The wash basin resembles blue and white Chinese porcelain.

There are little touches here and there in the room such as Chinese tea pots.

With less than 30 rooms over 3 levels (Level 1 is the lobby and breakfast area), there is no gym, no pool and no jacuzzi. However, if guests wish to use the above facilities, they can inform the reception of AMOY, and then proceed to AMOY’s sister property, Rendezvous Hotel (3 subway stops away). There is also a branch of True Fitness 5 minutes away in China Square Central, where you may be able to buy a day pass.

For full review and photos, please see http://travelrestauranthotel.com/blog/amoy-hotel-singapore-may-2014/#comments

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank The_TRH_Website
Dear The_TRH_Website,

Thank you for taking your time to share with us your experience.

At AMOY, we aim to make every stay a memorable experience. It is our great pleasure to read your review and know that you enjoyed your stay with us. AMOY design and concept are inspired by the early Chinese Immigrants and we have painstakingly put in much effort in retaining the heritage aspects of the building while combining it with the modern touches with our rooms. The efforts are all worthwhile when we hear many wonderful feedbacks from our guests.

Please be assured that we will keep up the high service standard while making further improvement on our products.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

I recently stayed at the Amoy Hotel on a business trip to Singapore. The staff went out of their way to please, greeted me by name even on random encounters in the hallways or lobby, and generally looked after me in a first-class way. The room is compact but modern and very functional whose design and decor exudes a calmness that I found relaxing at the end of the busy business day. And immaculately clean, too. Being in the old Chinatown area, the location is terrific with many restaurants, shops, etc. within steps and the Telok Ayer MRT (subway) stop directly across the street. (Singapore has a subway system that most cities can only dream of - glossy, inexpensive and highly efficient.) The touristy but fun Boat Quay restaurant strip is only a five minute walk. If you're expecting a big western-style business hotel with fancy restaurant, business centre, gym, pool, etc., this isn't the place for you. But if you'd like a more relaxing and intimate experience that resonates with local culture, customs, architecture and people, you can't go wrong. I will most certainly return to the Amoy on my next visit to Singapore.

2 Thank Phil B
Tran Chau T, Manager at AMOY by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Phil B,

Thank you for taking your time to share with us your experience at AMOY.

Making every stay a memorable experience is what we always strive to achieve. It is heart-warming to know your stay was wonderful and you classified our service as first class. Our friendly service team is always ready to serve you with their big hearts and at their best ability. Your acknowledgement means a lot to our team and motivates us to improve even further to serve you better.

I am also glad to know you love our heritage-modern design which we have painstakingly taken efforts to retain the heritage feel of the building while combining with the modern look of our room. Our location is very popular as there are so many places of interest and eateries within just a short walking distance. The MRT Telok Ayer across the street is a plus point for us because it makes it so convenient for our guests to travel around Singapore.

Centurion, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

The staff at the Amoy are extremely helpful and friendly. I was given access to my room immediately on arrival and also provided with a courtesy room to freshen up before my late night flight. The hotel is across from an MRT station which is so handy and the amenities in the room inclusive of a nespresso machine and free cooldrinks every day, was a first for me! The breakfast did not excite me but it was adequate. Great stay all round!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank SusanP582014
Tran Chau T, Manager at AMOY by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear SusanP582014,

Thank you for taking your time to share with us your experience on Tripadvisor.

It is wonderful to receive your commendation about AMOY and in particular our staff. Delivering excellent service is what we always aim for. We take care of our guests with the utmost care and concern to ensure we make every stay a memorable experience. Your acknowledgement inspires us to do even more to serve you better.

I am glad to hear you enjoyed our premium coffee and the complimentary in-room refreshment that come with our room package. Our location is popular due to its easy access to many places within just a short walking distance and it is nice that you found it convenient too.