“6* service”

AMOY by Far East Hospitality
Ranked #3 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We just came back from a 2 night stay in Singapore and can say that our stay at AMOY hotel added to our wonderful trip. The service is the best we have experienced - big thanks to Lina and Jeremy who looked after us from the moment we arrived until the moment we were picked up in our luxurious car to transfer us back to the airport (all organised by the hotel). The facilities and breakfast aren't like big hotels but neither is the attitude or the service - that is individual and boutique. The breakfast was nice and simple and lovely to have it delivered to our room. The staff were very accommodating with our late check out (we were jetlagged and managed to sleep past our 2pm check out) and all we received was a smile - not a hefty extra charge. AMOY all that way, we would highly recommend and will stay again in the future.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rabaraba
Tran Chau T, Manager at AMOY by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Dear Rabaraba,

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience on Tripadvisor.

Your rating on our service warms our hearts. AMOY is all about personalized service and warm hospitality. It is very motivating to know that you recognized and appreciated the efforts we put in to make your stay memorable. Jeremy and Lina are indeed thrilled to see their names are specially mentioned and you acknowledged their great service. I am also glad you enjoyed being picked up by your personal chauffeur.

JIN – our new restaurant is coming soon and we are excited to bring a better dining experience to our guests. Rest assured, we will maintain what we have done well and will always look for ways to further improve our products and services.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. My team and I look forward to welcoming you again.

Trinh Tran Chau

Write a ReviewReviews (1,258)

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Right after I got to reception,
I could feel that staff were very friendly.

She explained what I wanted to know very well and politely.
The room also was very clean and quiet, and also all the beverage and snacks were free.

I will definitely come back to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Ryan K
Tran Chau T, Manager at AMOY by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Ryan K,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.

It is our pleasure to know you enjoyed your stay and you will be back. Our friendly team is more than happy to be at your service and share with you all the information you need to know. I am glad to hear you also enjoyed our cosy room and the complimentary in-room refreshments that we specially selected for our guests. Your acknowledgment will spur us to keep up our high service standard while making improvement on our products and services.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Very friendly, helpful staff. Complementary, efficient pick up from the airport and super-rapid check-in at 1 AM. The room was tiny but comfortable and wonderfully airconditioned. The location is terrific: across the street from the metro and walking distance to downtown sights and Chinatown. Don't bother paying for the $10 breakfast, which was pretty meager. Next door to the hotel is a Dean and Deluca (great breakfast) and many funky Hainese restaurants with excellent, inexpensive food. No pool. I loved this hotel and will stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank HHudson777

Dear HHudson777,

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to hear you love our convenient location, our cosy room and the complimentary pick up from airport. Offering unique experience to our guests is what we always strive for and we are committed to make your stay memorable. I am glad you find our team friendly and helpful. They are always there to assist and ensure you are well taken care of during your stay.

Regarding breakfast, we are excited for the new restaurant opening in the next couple of months because we can bring a better dining experience to all our guests.

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Even though AMOY hotel is a small one and doesn't have all the facilities the big hotels do, like a gym and pool or a lavish breakfast.
I found your hotel and services excellent especially the friendliness and service from your amazing staff Jeremy, Lina and Patricia who gave me an exceptionally amazing service as compared to my stay in Intercontinental COEX just before arriving at my hotel.

I will definitely recommend your hotel to anyone! The breakfast was simple but during my 6 days of stay, I was told they were in the middle of opening a restaurant and I'm sure they will provide some great options. In any case, just a few steps outside the hotel, you have a variety of restaurants to eat at.

The hotel staff were very helpful about giving me direction and information about where to get great local dishes and even helped me shop for my fiancée!

I personally would recommend the hotel to anyone (especially solos or couples or even groups).

Once again it's your team Jeremy, Lina and Patricia (the ones I met) that made this trip so memorable.

In particular I want to thank Jeremy for checkin me in so quickly and early in the day and for picking an MRT card for me as I haven't converted my foreign currency yet. Also thank the ladies for directing me several times for places to eat out and shop!

Overall, you guys were genuine and were simply awesome! Keep up the great work! I'll be back!

Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank christopheralias
Tran Chau T, Manager at AMOY by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear christopheralias,

Thank you for taking your precious time to share your experience on Tripadvisor.

Knowing your stay was excellent is indeed very rewarding for us. Jeremy, Lina and Patricia are motivated to know you acknowledged and appreciated their great service. Your appreciation is what inspires them do even better in delighting our guests. I am very glad to hear you had a lot of interaction with our team and they made your experience complete with all the useful local tips and directions. This is what AMOY is all about; we aim to make every stay a memorable experience through interactions and offering personalized service.

You were right about the new restaurant coming your way. We are in the midst of dressing it up for next couple of months. We are excited for the opening and certainly we will be able to serve you better with a wider and better dining experience.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I was really keen to stay at Amoy for a 5 day business trip as I saw that they are ranked 2nd in Singapore for a very new hotel, and I must say that everything was as I have anticipated and more.

The service was immaculate, and there were lots of small details that the staff has gone into to leave me with no doubt that they really have their customers as their primary focus. A big thanks to Jeremy and Patricia in making my stay so wonderfully comfortable.

The room was not very big but spacious enough and really new and comfortable, the 5 night stay here was the best I had over my 18 day trip across Asia. The rain shower was very comfortable and the hotel replenish your complimentary bar every day.

Location wise, it is really convenient.
For work, it is 2 stations from the Marina Bay Convention centre and right in the middle of the financial area, so took me 10-15 minutes to go to all my meetings and events.

For food, there are quite a few good restaurant in the Far East centre behind the hotel and is in walking distance to both the Maxwell Centre and also the Ansiang Road Pub street (where there are quite a few really great restaurant in addition to the publ)

As a site, it is really interesting as you walk through the old Fook Teh temple (for territorial deities) which is now a hotel), and makes a very interesting entry every day.

So the Amoy will be my definite first choice when I next visit Singapore for business and I hope the Amoy hotel will continue to grow and flourish.

Room Tip: If you call and ask the hotel in advance, they will help you choose the most suitable room
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Gundamenzo

Dear Gundamenzo,

Words cannot express how delighted I am to read your review. It is always wonderful to know you enjoyed your stay with us and will be back. AMOY is all about personalized service and creating memorable experience. Your comfort and well being are our most priorities and our friendly team is always around to ensure you are well taken care during your stay. They are all service champions who enjoy delighting our guests with their best and best only. Your acknowledgement is such a great motivation for us to improve better.

I am also happy to know you like our convenient location and our room facilities. We will continue doing our best and constantly making further improvement on our products and services.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

My wife and I enjoy staycations in Singapore, and have stayed at various boutique and chain (luxury) hotels. We have not heard of AMOY until recently when I received a voucher for a complimentary stay. We planned our stay at AMOY on a Saturday shortly after our wedding.

We came with no expectations about the hotel, and left with great satisfaction and praises for the hotel. This was one of the better, if not the best, staycations we had in Singapore.

We were surprised continuously by what AMOY provided. After a smooth check-in, we were personally ushered to our rooms. We received nice hand-written cards from the hotel staff, congratulating us about our wedding and wishing us a good honeymoon. We were further surprised at check-out, when we were given another hand-written card with our photos.

The room decor was unique -- it was a blend of traditional Chinese with modern and sleek designs. Although our room's windows could not be opened and there was no view, the room's spaciousness, complimentary mini-bar and lush lighting more than made up.

Although the selection of breakfast menu was limited, we could feel the staff's hospitality and attention they placed on the guests. Our favourite dish was the fried carrot cake, a traditional Singapore dish.

Overall, we will highly recommend AMOY, and we will likely come back one day!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Tran Chau T, Manager at AMOY by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Lihengt,

Thank you for taking your precious time to share with us your experience on Tripadvisor.

It is always wonderful to hear that our guests had a splendid time at AMOY. We are more than happy to create those special touches to add flavours to your stay because our main goal is to make every stay with us a memorable experience. Your praises and commendations definitely motivate us to maintain our high standard in our service and do even more to make our guests happy. Like what you said, AMOY is all about experience and I am delighted to know that our friendly team made your experience worthwhile.

I am pleased to share with you that a new dining concept is coming your way and we are excited for the opening of our restaurant in the next couple of months. By then, we will be able to offer you a wider breakfast selection and a better dining experience. I am also happy that you enjoyed the local breakfast dish and our complimentary in - room refreshment.

Thank you for staying with us. My team and I look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We started our honeymoon from Bali and we came just for two nights to Singapore. We got exceptional service from you and we can say this was perfect ending to our honeymoon. Patricia even walked with us to two restaurants just for making our lunch and dinner easy.
Small but clean rooms where all are in place, very good location close to good restaurants and MRT station.Very good internet connection.
Greetings on the bed, hand made wedding cards, wines, hand made birthday cards, fencing booking, lunch and dinner arrangements, late check out, shover after check out...
Very kind and helpful staff. Patricia Lee earns extra thanks.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tero_ja_Krista
Tran Chau T, Manager at AMOY by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Dear Tero_ja_Krista,

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience on Tripadvisor.

It is our pleasure to be part of your honeymoon and make it a memorable stay. Personalized service is what we always focus at AMOY to ensure all our guests feel welcomed and comfortable. Your commendation means a lot to us as it is an acknowledgement of our efforts and service. We had such a great time arranging those little touches for you and Patricia is ecstatic to see her name being mentioned with extra thanks. That just gave her an instant boost to do even better in her service delivery.

I am delighted to hear you also like our fabulous location due to its easy access to many places within just a short walking distance. The Telok Ayer MRT just across our hotel makes it even more convenient for our guests to travel around.

Please be assured we will maintain our high service standard while making further improvement on our products and services.