“Great, calm spot in busy Singapore” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of AMOY by Far East Hospitality

AMOY by Far East Hospitality
Ranked #3 of 309 Hotels in Singapore
Münster
“Great, calm spot in busy Singapore”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

I enjoyed a 2 night stay here in July. The staff is very attentive, friendly and helpful. Rooms are tastefully appointed. The service is to be highlighted: I made a very short-notice booking the night before arrival. After a few hours I received an email from the frontdesk, saying that due to the short notice unfortunately the hotel car won't be able to pick me up from the airport - but I should feel free to grab a taxi and they would pay for the transfer. Nice gesture and a small example of how excellent the service is at AMOY. Also to be mentioned is the complimentary mini bar, which was much appreciated.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank iTravelR
Tran Chau T, Manager at AMOY by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear iTravelR,

Thank you for taking time to share with us your stay experience.

It is our pleasure to receive another endorsement on our great service. It is what AMOY is all about; we aim to make every stay a memorable experience. Our team is filled with passionate individual who enjoy serving and delighting our guests with their big hearts. Your comfort and well being are our utmost priorities and we are committed to bring you a whole new service level.

I am glad to know you like our room design and the complimentary minibar as well. Please be assured we will always find ways to improve our products and services while maintaining our personalized service standard.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. My team and I look forward to welcoming you again.

Trinh Tran Chau

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Gold Coast
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

We booked 2 rooms at the Amoy in late July 2014, a cosy Single and a double, both rooms were outstanding!, the room design is excellent, probably best suited to boutique hotel lovers and design enthusiast!. attention to detail is one of the main features of this little gem, everything in the bar fridge is free!, and is quality stuff, from imported beers to nice juices and water, there is also Nespresso pods machine and great quality French tea.
The shower was a highlight, a wooden deck floor coupled with ceiling mounted shower head had all the hallmarks of great Modern Asian Design, frosted glass towards the bed are as well as well-equipped joinery unit, all rooms have steps so this could be an issue for some people, the rooms are not big but there is frugal use of the space and feels adequate.
Price is great value, especially if you book 30 days in advance or online. Airport pick up is done in new model European vehicles ( Audi/Mercs). But the best thing about this hotel is really the service and the staff. We were looked after by Anita, Patricia and Jeremy, this guys go the extra mile to make you feel special, they show you to your room and are ready to help with any request you may have.
We will definitely be coming back to this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank Jacquesdb D
Dear Jacquesdb D,

Thank you for taking time to share with us your stay experience.

It is always a great pleasure to read your detailed review about your stay and most importantly, how happy you were with us. I am glad to know you loved the room designs, our room facilities as well as the slew of benefits that we specially selected for your convenience.

AMOY is all about creating unique experience with our personalized and caring service. Anita, Patricia and Jeremy are thrilled that you remember their names and their great service. Your appreciation means so much to them and spurs them to do even better in serving our guests. Rest assured we will keep up our service standard while improving everyday to serve you better.

WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Arrived after flight from London to be driven to Amoy in a Audi A8(yes they have what they promote), even when we were minutes from Amoy, driver rang hotel to ensure we were greeted on street. If that's not service , I don't know what is.

The entrance to hotel is unique and the should be congratulated to maintain the significance of a temple and the history associated with Singapore.

The greeting and refreshing drink we received as we checked in, provided an insight in to what this hotel aims to deliver.

It's very personal service as you are taken to your room and given a detailed explanation of the rooms functions, nothing is left out.

Due to renovations, the breakfast service is not provided down stairs but they ensure than a more than adequate breakfast is delivered to your door at the exact time you requested.

The rooms are small but that's what they advertise, 20 to 25 sq m has been made to appear larger and everything has a place and you are not tripping over anything as you walk around. The room we had(Tan), has views over the back of the complex.

This hotel at his stage cannot provide dining facilities but with Boat Quay, Clarke Quay and Chinatown only 2 to 3 blocks away, your choice of food is unbelievable.

Can see why this boutique hotel is rated so highly as over the last 25 years of visiting Singapore, this is the best I have stayed at in the island state!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear brendoon,

Thank you for taking time to share with us your excellent experience.

It is very flattering to read your feedbacks and know that AMOY was the best you have ever stayed in the past 25 years in Singapore. Your praises have brightened up our days as we know how happy you were with your stay. Personalized service is what AMOY is all about. We are committed to take care of every guest with our utmost attention and ensure our guests leave with lasting memories. Your kind words certainly motivate us to do even more to delight our guests.

Good news is that our restaurant is opening soon and an interesting dining concept is coming your way. We are excited for the opening as we can cater our guests with better dining options and room service.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

Great hotel and super friendly staff. Like the stay and as hotel is pretty new, it will be 100% if they have pool, gym and room service. But overall, room is in super good condition, lighting and cleanliness of the room is perfect.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
      Rooms
Dear Kanily,

Thank you for taking time to share with us your stay experience.

I am glad to hear your stay was enjoyable. As AMOY was converted from the existing heritage building and shop houses, there is constraint of what we can do with the current building structure in order to maintain the heritage feel. That is the reason why we do not have other facilities such as gym or swimming pools as the usual standard hotels do. However, what we lack in facilities, we make up with our personalized service and the unique experience. I am happy that our team did make your experience worthwhile.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

The hotel arranged the driver to pick me up from the airport, we arrived outside the most unusual hotel reception/museum entrance. The porter started the experience at the door with a little quiz before we went to check in and cool drinks. I was taken to my room which was small (but not the smallest choice) but very well laid out on two levels. From a design point of view, it was very nice and maybe not as quirky as i had expected for a new boutique hotel. Unfortunately the restaurant was shut but they offered to pick up a local chinese takeaway for me and brought the menu and ran to get my choice. It was genuine local fare served in plastic. But it was all i wanted and needed as i didn't want to venture out. Later that night i fell ill (from a virus that started on the plane, not from the food) and whilst checking on doctors, the hotel advised me it was quicker and cheaper to get down to the hospital. To cut a long story short, the porter came with me, paid for the taxis, stayed until 3am (even though he was off duty at 9pm) and saw me safely back. The genuine concern from all staff was both touching and considerate. I will go back.

Room Tip: Upgrade if you can because the rooms are small (because its an old building).
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
      Cleanliness
3 Thank Alpha_Explorer
Dear Alpha_Explorer,

Thank you for taking time to share with us your stay experience. I do hope you are fully recovered now.

Your acknowledgement on our service is very motivating for our team to keep up their good works and do even better. AMOY is all about delivering personalized service and warm hospitality. It was our pleasure to take care of you during your tough time and we are so glad you were well and got recovered quickly. Jeremy is a very caring individual by nature who was more than happy to look after and accompany you to ensure you were fine and got back to AMOY safely. It is our great pleasure to know that our genuine service made your stay in Singapore a lot better.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

From the moment we were picked up at the airport until we departed in a taxi we felt thoroughly spoiled. This was a last minute booking based on reviews. We flew in from London & made the car transfer booking late so it was with relief when we were met by the friendly & informative driver. The staff treated us with warm respect and delicious mocktails. Whilst the room is small it is simply & elegantly decorated. It was so nice to have an expresso machine and the free mini bar & snacks. I will go back here again if my travels take me to Singapore.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Tran Chau T, Manager at AMOY by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear sandierb,

Thank you for taking time to share with us your stay experience.

I am glad to hear that you were well looked after from the moment you arrived in Singapore till you departed. Kudos to our capable team who really enjoy delighting and serving our guests! This is what AMOY is all about; we focus on offering personalized service and warm hospitality. It is wonderful to read your feedbacks knowing how much you enjoyed our excellent service, our unique room, all the benefits and facilities. Please be assured that we can only serve better as we constantly make further improvement on our products and services.

Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Very conveniently located across the street from the MRT, and easy walking distance to many of the major financial institutions. A great location for business. Staff are outstanding in their friendliness. The included breakfast is quite adequate. Lots of good dining options within easy walking distance. The included one-way airport transfer is a very nice touch. Hotel itself has lots of character.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tran Chau T, Manager at AMOY by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear OnetwentyOTR,

Thank you for taking time to share with us your stay experience.

I am very delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our team made your experience worthwhile. AMOY is all about personalized service and creating unique experience. It is great that you enjoyed the benefits that come with our room package, in particular the one-way airport transfer by your personal chauffeur. Our friendly team is always happy to be at your service to ensure you are well taken care of. Your kind words have just brightened their days and definitely inspired them to do even better.

Our location, right in the middle of Central Business District, is popular due to its easy access to many business and leisure places. It is our pleasure to hear you enjoyed exploring around the areas and found it very convenient as well.