“Convenient, Clean and Exceptional Service”

AMOY by Far East Hospitality
Ranked #3 of 319 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 27 August 2014

You surprised me each day. Thanks for making my stay stress free. Keep it up Grace and AMOY team.

MRT Telok Ayer station entrance literally across the road! Very useful when you want to drop off your shopping/freshen up before heading out for another attraction or dinner. Hotel location also convenient for the tourist attractions. Connecting trains to Telok Ayer station no issues at all with many trains.

Rooms are very clean and the bed is nice and comfortable. We had a minor issue with a wooden floor board in the shower but that was attended to swiftly.

AMOY team are very helpful with anything you need, directions, food recommendations and taxis. Airport pick up is such a pleasant experience as you don't need to worry about taxis or train tickets once you land in SG. I got picked up in a Mercedes E class and taken directly to the hotel front door within 20ish minutes.

We booked through their website and it offered us free hop on hop off bus tours for a day. Thanks again AMOY team!!

Room Tip: Our room was quiet as it was in the inner part of the hotel. Speak to the AMOY team, they can help y...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Tran Chau T, Manager at AMOY by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Dear typhoon988,

Thank you for taking time to share with us your stay experience.

Your recognition for Grace and our team has made their day. It is always our pleasure to ensure your stay is hassle free and memorable. Nothing is more rewarding than knowing our guests are happy with AMOY and they will be back. Our team is filled with passionate people who love delighting and taking care of our guests.

AMOY’s location is very ideal for both business and tourist as it is closed to both Central Business District and various attractions. I am happy to know you found it convenient for your stay too.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back!

Trinh Tran Chau

Write a ReviewReviews (1,310)

Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

めるのは嬉しい(*^_^*)
到着日の空港ピックアップサービスも嬉しいポイントの一つでした。
又、是非利用したいと思います。
To hotel staff
Thank you for your everything.
Very comfortable, smiling a lot.
I like Singapore, I like Amoy
I hope to see you soon

Miho

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear 3162miho,

Thank you for taking time to share with us your stay experience.

Our team is delighted to receive your thank you note. It means so much to them to know you appreciated their service and you will be back. We are utterly motivated by your kind words and we will strive to serve our guests better everyday. It is great to hear that you loved our signature welcome drink “Alluring AMOY”. It is our special creation and we are more than happy to make a glass for you anytime you drop by Front Desk.

Our location is popular as it is very convenient for our guests to go to many places within just a short walking distance. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed exploring around too. Please be assured that we will keep up our service standard while making improvement on our products to serve you better.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

We live in Singapore but had some guests visiting so put them up here. From booking, the service was impeccable including airport pick-up proactively coordinated by the hotel via email (rather than having to call and make arrangements as we usually do, plus it was included in the room rate), to keeping our guests' bags between stays while we traveled, to complimentary snacks in the rooms, to even coordinating phone calls when we needed to reach our guests after check out.

The location is very central, in a particularly charming nook of the downtown area so guests can wander at their leisure without any issue. Most cab drivers won't know where exactly to go because it's new and a smaller hotel, but once you get them on Telok Ayer it is easy to point out.

The rooms and decor are just beautiful, blending the historic building and contemporary styling together seamlessly. It's perfect for visitors to get a taste of the local heritage aesthetic. The rooms are each a bit different from one another which is expected since it's a boutique. All are updated and extremely comfortable.

We'll definitely be hosting guests here again!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank supriyasundaram
Tran Chau T, Manager at AMOY by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Dear supriyasundaram,

Thank you for taking time to share with us your wonderful experience with AMOY.

It is such a delight to read your detailed review. Our team is utterly flattered to receive your compliment on their efficiency and excellent service. We aim to make every stay a memorable experience and we are committed to bring a hassle free experience to all our guests. Our friendly team members are more than happy to assist anytime to ensure our guests are well taken care of during their stay with us.

I am glad to know you appreciated the benefits that come with our room package as well as our strategic location. Please be assured that we are constantly making further improvement on our products and services everyday.

Thank you for choosing AMOY. My team and I hope to welcome you and your guests again in the near future.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

This was an amazing place. Great location in the center of the city, easily accessible by the subway from Changi Airport as it is 3 short blocks from the Raffles Place Station. The hotel is situated adjacent to a large open-air mall with shops and many, many restaurants. Very, very clean. Bed very, very comforable. Excellent continental breakfast for free, free wi-fi, and numerous free amenities. Terrific, just terrific service by the entire staff, the best service we have ever encountered, anywhere. Easily beats even the five-star hotels we have stayed at, this is number 1. Truly unforgettable.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear hyp80,

Thank you for taking time to share with us your stay experience.

I am thrilled to hear about your wonderful stay with us and the outstanding service rendered by our team. It always warms our heart to know you appreciated our efforts in making your stay memorable. This is what AMOY is all about; we focus very much on personalized service and warm hospitality. Your kind words inspire us to strive even harder in delighting our guests and making further improvement on our products to serve you better. I am also glad that you enjoyed the benefits that come with our room package and our convenient location.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Very well meaning customer service but the property consists of bedrooms accessed via a reception area housed in a public area accessible by anyone walking through from the adjoining mall to the street. It should be noted that the historic entrance area mentioned in the hotel's promotional material is also a public entrance. The absence of hotel facilities of any kind make this an oddity rather than unique or boutique.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Tran Chau T, Manager at AMOY by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear Pimlico608,

Thank you for taking your valuable time to share with us your feedback on this platform. It is disappointing to hear that we did not meet your expectation in terms of stay experience and the uniqueness of AMOY.

Due to the unique structure of our heritage building, we do not have any facilities such as gym or swimming pools. We do not list gym and other facilities on our website to avoid misleading our guests and we will recommend our guests to stay with our sister properties should these facilities be the important factors to their stay.

As we are specially located right behind a Museum, formerly temple; we embraced the oddity and made it into a unique experience through historical storytelling that most of our guests enjoy. We also focus very much on our personalized service to ensure our guests have our utmost attention throughout their stays.

We are glad that our team had focused efforts on making your experience better after you addressed your concerns during your stay. Your recognition on our service definitely inspires us to do better in delighting our guests.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We do hope that you will give us a chance to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Stayed here after reading TA and talking with a friend. Had a fantastic time the staff were extremely helpful and couldn't do enough to help, organising Taxis and trips. The lack of other facilities are not a major concern as there are many good restaurants and bars {although Singapore is such and expensive place.. to have a beer}. Would I recommend this to others most certainly is you want a nice boutique hotel that is quiet and centrally located to Chinatown. I loved the little verses left on my pillow each nice a nice personal touch.
My only issues were that the carpets in the hall had stains and looked like they could do with a clean.
Thanks again to the fabulous staff.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Dear Go H,

Thank you for taking time to share with us your stay experience.

I am delighted to hear about your great stay with us and you would recommend AMOY to others. AMOY is all about bringing you a unique experience through our personalized service and special product. Our goal is to make every stay memorable and I am glad you love the little touches we created for our guests. Your acknowledgement will motivate us to improve further and serve you better each time you come back.

I appreciate your feedback about our carpet. We are aware of the condition and in the process of getting it replaced.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

s the thought, the caring and personalised service that makes a big difference to customer experience. I love the time I spent there and really appreciate the special card that staff made for my honeymoon greeting. I love the most is the hospitality of the staff.

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Hwl10
Tran Chau T, Manager at AMOY by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear Hwl10,

Thank you for taking time to share with us your stay experience on Tripadvisor.

AMOY is all about personalized service and warm hospitality. We are committed to serve our guests to our best ability with genuine care and concern. I am very happy to know that you recognized our efforts in making a difference in the service and making your special occasion even more special. Rest assured we will maintain our personalized service level while making further improvement on our products and services everyday.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on such a special occasion. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back!