“A tiny gallery but well worth your while”

Marina Bay City Gallery
Cape Paterson, Australia
319 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 221 helpful votes
“A tiny gallery but well worth your while”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Just near Marina Bay, a stones throw from the 'Shoppes' is this little gallery that seems to have mainly been put here to make some use of the space. It is a small gallery of .... well basically it has a scale model of the Marina Bay area and a bunch of information boards about the construction of it and the area in general.

Those allergic to history of too much information can rest easy, this is a small place (the staff member was super friendly) and it won't tax you too much. If you are in Singapore on business for a couple of days and you are in the Marina Bay Sands and pressed for time then at least try to get into this little display to get some sense of your surroundings and the sort of work that went into making this Marina Bay area such an outstanding public space.

Visited November 2013

• Indonesian first
San Marcos, Texas, United States
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great Starting Point”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Before I began my tour around Marina Bay I decided to stop by this gallery to learn a little more about the foundation of this area. I was very happy I did! This by far was the perfect place to fully appreciate my surroundings. The place was fully interactive, high tech and informational, and I was very much impressed by what it was, considering I only had a day to explore. There were some guided tour groups that came inside but traveling alone and on a tight budget, a tour guide wasn't necessary. Admission is free and the gallry itself is very small so it only took about 30 minutes of my time. While tour groups came in, I got to listen in on what the guide was saying, and once they moved on I actually had more fun just listening to the recordings and watching the video displays. If you are interested in sustainable city planning and infrastructure, or just curious to learn a little bit on Marina Bay, it is a perfect place to go!

Visited July 2013