Holiday Inn Express Singapore Orchard Road
Ranked #61 of 308 Hotels in Singapore
Manila
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Fantastic location, we did not need to take taxis. Everything was walking distance. Smack dab in the middle of Orchard Road, where everything is.

The hot breakfast was more than adequate, rooms were clean and complete. Value for money this Hotel is topnotch! Definitely highly recommended!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DenduA
Najeeb_Kurungottu, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Singapore Orchard Road, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting such a wonderful review of your recent experience with us on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to read that you and your partner enjoyed your stay with us especially the central location, clean rooms, our Express breakfast Bar & value for money.

We look forward to bringing you joy & satisfaction during all your future stays with us.

Najeeb Kurungottu

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

This hotel is strategically located at Orchard Road, easy to access shopping malls and boutiques. MRT is just 500m, few minutes walk from the hotel. The room is very clean, interior is good. the bed is superb.. i had a good sleep at night. Staff at reception is friendly and entertain my request to have a room with nice view. Facilities in the room is good..breakfast serve is simple and ok..you can either dine in or take away. i am so satisfied with this hotel and sure will come back here again in future.

Room Tip: Request for room at higher floor.. i stay at level 15, there is construction side but still, at this...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Nonie7808
Dear Guest,

It is always gratifying to read from our guests' reviews that they had a great experience with us. Thank you for sharing your appreciative comments regarding the Hotel location, room cleanliness, beds, decor, amenities, our Express Breakfast Bar, our "Grab&Go" option and above all the service of our team.

We definitely look forward to being your choice of Hotel during all your future stays in Singapore.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

This hotel was in ideal location close to the heart of Singapore. Everyone were so helpful and warm. I was able to walk almost everywhere needed. Thank you so much for such a great experience and such a clean, neat, nice hotel. I totally enjoyed it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank GGreen141
Dear Guest,

We are all so excited to learn from your review that you had an amazing experience with us and that you totally enjoyed the Hotel location, cleanliness and above all the service of our team.

It is feedback form our guests that help us to stay motivated to keep delivering our best and work towards offering a memorable stay to all our guests.

We look forward to bringing you a great experience during all your future stays with us.

Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

The hotel itself is very clean, most especially the rooms. The beddings are nice, you want to lay on it the whole day. The staff are very attentive, reliable and friendly. The quality of the breakfast buffet is also worth the price. They serve delicious food and unlimited as well. The location is very safe and strategic: within walking distance to the shopping malls and restaurants, and 2 MRT stations (Somerset and Orchard Stations).

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank krishnaruizramos
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting such a great review regarding your experience following your stay with us. We are so happy that you and your family enjoyed the Hotel location, cleanliness, beddings, our Express Breakfast Bar offerings, value for money and most importantly the service of our team. Your comments will go a long way in driving us to keep offering great service to all of our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to stay with us soon.

Auckland, New Zealand
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

This is a stay experience I had dated back in Feb.
I stayed at Holiday Inn Express Singapore Orchard road for three nights, and unfortunately I found a couple of small roaches on separate nights. I do understand due to the hot weather in Singapore, it is pretty hard to keep them under control therefore I didn’t make a big fuss of it, kill them and got rid of them. Though I have stayed at other IHG Group hotels and never had such problem before.
Upon departure, I spoke to Nurul Siti Radhiyah who is the guest service leader and told her about the problem. And also I showed her a video footage of it to proof I am not lying.
I did ask if I could have some IHG points due to the unpleasant incident, and she said she will look into it.
After a few weeks, she replied:” We have investigated with our pest exterminator and we have discovered that there were no cockroaches’ infestations or trace of cockroaches actually found in the room. However, as a gesture of goodwill we will be crediting 1000 points to your membership nonetheless. “
A gesture of goodwill.. sounds like she think I am lying and making fun of me.
Well, if you think I am overreacting, guess what? I still haven’t got my 1000 points yet as of today!!
Well, I have always choose IHG group hotels whenever I can and don’t get me wrong, they are very nice hotels and top notch services too. But this hotel… if you can’t keep your promises, then don’t say it!!!
Apart from that, breakfast is good as it is free, location is great!!! Not far from MRT, not far from shopping heaven!!

Finally, you can keep your 1000 points and spend it on pets control instead.

Kind regards,
Mr Wong

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank huihow_wong
Najeeb_Kurungottu, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Singapore Orchard Road, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Please accept my sincere apologies on behalf of our team for all the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us and for not following through with our agreement to resolve your complaint.

I can assure you that we value all our guests as well as all their feedback may it be positive or negative. How things turned out on this occasion was not at all intentional.

After having read your review on TripAdvisor, I have looked into the issue in detail and ensured that it never happens again in future. The pest control team has effectively helped us to eradicate the roach problem. 5,000 IHG reward club points have now been accredited to your account and I really hope you will accept this as a token of our apology.

We hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in future on which occasion we shall strive to deliver our best.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

I arrived rather late in the evening as my flight was delayed, and was really glad that my reservation was in order and there were no hiccups in getting to my room.

The room was well designed and clean. It had everything that you would need for your stay including wi-fi for multiple devices, which is a big plus point.

The location of the hotel was actually really good as it was just a few minutes away from Takashimaya and Paragon Shopping Malls.

The only down-side was that there were a few drain flies flying around the bathroom and there was a weird smell in the bathroom everytime you flushed the toilet. I don't quite know that the problem was, but as I was only staying for one night and checking out early the next morning, I did not bother to complain.

All in all, it was a great business hotel in a really good location. Would definitely stay here again on my next visit.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Baby_Cleo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent experience with us. We are glad you liked the room design, cleanliness, Wi-Fi services, Hotel location, and efficiency of check-in. However, I apologise for the inconvenience you experienced with regards to the toilet.

Please be assured that after learning from your review regarding the issue, we have resolved it completely and ensured that it does not happen again.

We look forward to welcoming you back & we hope to provide you an even better experience during your next stay with us.

Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

This is hotel is strategically located and has great access to all places in Singapore, especially of course Orchard with two MRT stations nearby, Sommerset and Orchard. On top of that, this hotel is so clean and you feel "like home" as the decoration provides the atmosphere. Experiencing breakfast in the lobby level also gives you different atmosphere ... All is great ... Great stay and really value for money .....keep up the standards ....

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Rusdiawan
Najeeb_Kurungottu, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Singapore Orchard Road, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read from your review that you had a great stay with us and that you particularly enjoyed the strategic & convenient location of the Hotel, the decor, cleanliness, Breakfast experience & the value for money.

Positive comments from our guests confirms that we are going the right way about serving our guests and we appreciate you sharing your feedback with us.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to welcome you back again.