“Not the best”

Ranked #380 of 12,093 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Description: IZY Dining & Bar is a pop culture modern Izakaya serving quality Japanese-American fare and drinks like sake, highball and umeshu. Conceptualising its interior is a 11-metre mural composed of Japanese and American pop icons set in an edgy mod-industrial abode. Embracing quality and productive perfection, IZY’s witty sensuality is translated into sharing plates of over-the-top character maki and sushi rolls. She also prides herself in savoury signatures like the wagyu tomato sukiyaki and wagyu truffle don. Forget about boundaries and experience the unreserved openness of youth with pop music, unbounded sparks of energy and liveliness. The fun continues at the back of IZY where a pop culture Japanese bar, CACHÉ, lie concealed behind a camouflaged wall. This industrial-chic bar adorned with copper elements exudes a tactile experience with its pop icons appearing selectively, dissolving into its leather and mirror panels that line the bar. In CACHÉ, the party runs all week from 6pm till 2am. Grab a drink and when the chorus arrives, toss your napkins into the air like confetti and dance away.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I live near by, so i went as wasn’t crowded. Place is ok, dark, food was nice, service could improve. Staff was nice and welcoming. More 3 than 4. I give 4 as food was more than ok.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We went three times at this place. It was always really delicious. The service is so great.
Great food and great cocktails.
The music could be really better.

Review collected in partnership with www.chope.co
Reviewed 7 May 2018

As other reviewers have said, the food at IZY is good and very interesting. I'd recommend it for this alone, but I would recommend it......
The service made me wish I had been wearing a "Trip Advisor" t-shirt! On second thoughts, they seemed so average, even that probably wouldn't have made a difference!
As in most places in Singapore, people were friendly and trying to do a good job, but these guys simply failed. When we sat down, guided by the waiter to our reserved table, nothing else happened. Staff seemed busy tending to drinking customers at the bar and having animated conversations with them. Most bar/restaurants get this balance a lot better.
When we eventually, after about 20 minutes, caught the attention of someone, the guy came over and asked "what can I do for you?". I felt like saying I want a haircut, but I settled for "we'd like some service". We didn't even have a menu at this stage. Rocket science!
After a while, we suspect the main man realised his young co-worker was struggling, and he delivered a few of the dishes we'd ordered. Things then were going OK, until we asked for the bill. Like when we arrived, nothing happened! We had to ask again, after another unacceptable wait, and the bill magically appeared.
Such a shame. I'd probably try IZI again, just for the food, but would be wary of what to expect. If you go, try the tuna sashimi - excellent!

Reviewed 17 March 2018

Interesting restaurant. The front part is not really inviting for comfortable seating, feels more like a bar, with one row of tables and high chairs, but you can directly see how the dishes are prepared. In the back there is a room with few tables which provides a totally different ambience, very nice. Staff is attentive and very friendly. The dishes are well presented (e.g. on slabs of rock) and truly delicious, each one of them. Prices are on the steep side. A bit annoying was how the waiter insisted a few times on us ordering that Wagyu beef (120g for 88 SGD). Despite that, it was a great dining experience.

Reviewed 15 January 2018

We sat at the bar and it was fascinating to see our orders immediately acted upon, and the chef creating the dishes. Service was top notch.

Review collected in partnership with www.chope.co