“A Burst Of Flavors”

Jamie’s Italian – VivoCity
Ranked #475 of 10,643 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Italian, European
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, View, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Jamie’s Italian VivoCity serves fantastic, rustic Italian dishes with a quintessential Jamie Oliver twist using recipes that have been tried, tested and loved, all in a relaxed and welcoming space. A partnership between Jamie and his Italian mentor, Chef Gennaro Contaldo, there are more than 40 Jamie’s Italian restaurants worldwide
“A Burst Of Flavors”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Last week we had a family dinner at the Jamie Italian, Vivo City and totally enjoyed the food!
For starters, we had Fish Plank ($17), Meat Plank (15.50), Cauliflower Fritters ($12.50), Chicken Wings ($12.50), Tomato Bruschetta ($16.50), and Squash Bruschetta ($12.50).
The Cauliflower Fritters ($12.50) were a big hit with the kids; they were all gone before I could take a snap shot! I personally like the Fish Plank ($17); it’s a variety of small bites; the beetroot infused salmon was my favorite. The Meat Plank ($15.50) is a mix of cold cuts, and I find the salami a bit strong on taste. JI has a smoking station where they take great care in curing the meat. Chicken Wings ($12.50) were good; though a little spicy for the kids. Love the Bruschettas!! The flavors are great especially the Squash Bruschetta.
Main dishes were Lamb Chops ($32), Spinach Ravioli ($26.50), Prawn Linguinne ($17) and Cannelloni ($19.50). The Lamb Chops were good, daughter liked it very much. The kids enjoyed the Ravioli; no chance to eat that! I find the Linguinne a little hard and the pasta could do with more seasoning. The Cannelloni is quite a heavy dish, not for one person.
Desserts were Tiramisu ($11.50), Brownies ($11.50) and Lemon Meringue Pie ($9.50). The Brownies were average; had better ones and I don’t get the popcorns; why were they even there? Meringue was well made, light and not too sweet and the little bits of basil bits add a twist to the sweet. The best dessert was the Tiramisu! This is by far the best Tiramisu I had for a long time now. I could taste the liquer and coffee; which are so lacking in many so-called Tiramisu.
Overall, it was a good experience, a burst of different flavors! And the staff was commendable; cheerful and tried their best in explaining the dishes. The mix of tables and chairs, wood and metal, the variety of hanging lights, somehow come together nicely and created a cosy atmosphere. And I like that.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank isis_sg
JamiesItalianVivo, Manager at Jamie’s Italian – VivoCity, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Hi isis_sg, thank you for taking time to write such a detailed, lovely review! The cauliflower fritters are amazing aren't they? They're definitely the new favourite these days. Glad you enjoyed the fish plank and the freshly made bruschettas too. Will pass your comment on the prawn linguine and epic brownie to the kitchen team, along with your compliments on the Lamb Chops Lollipops and Tiramisu. Glad you appreciate the tiramisu - the generous amount of Kahlua and coffee really made the difference right? Especially when balanced with fresh mascarpone and orange zest. Drop by again soon to satisfy that craving! Cheers/

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Singapore
“Overhyped and not that good”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Well my wife is English so she was terribly excited when a Jamie Oliver restaurant was opening in Singapore. In fact, she wanted to go just after the restaurant was opened but the lines were hours long at the time. We waited a while until the lines died down. When we finally went, I was completely underwhelmed. The food was so so, and very overpriced. I don't eat tomatoes so the menu choices were very limited for me. I had the squid ink pasta and ended up swapping with my wife for the seafood risotto I didn't like either, the portions were tiny and prices high. I wouldn't return. My wife liked it more than I and did go back for lunch one day and ended up meeting Jamie who was in town with his family on his way to Australia...he got a picture with him.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank bobkap
Hi bobkap, thank you for your review. We'd love to hear what you didn't really like about the squid ink pasta and the seafood risotto so we can work on it, if you are so inclined do drop us a note at jisocial.vivocity@jamiesitalian.sg. Glad to hear your wife ended up meeting Jamie when he was in town! Cheers.
Singapore, Singapore
“Did I went to a different Jamie's Italian?”
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

After reading so much horror comments about the bad service and horrible food, I made my reservations at the restaurant for lunch with my mum with a bit of hesitation. I am a fan of Jamie so I had to tried it for myself.

Made the reservations online and I shown up with my mum about 10mins before our reservations time. Almost quite immediately, we were told to sit at their bar first while our table is being readied. Given the menu as well to decide our orders. So far so good!

Then we got seated and the waiter, Dan took our orders and we were off to a good start. Service was quite prompted, even the table who sat down shortly next to us as well. My mum ordered a coffee and I ordered a lemonade. Perhaps, we took it for granted but coffee should come out much later after the meal. However, when asked to top up with a bit of hot water, it was done readily.

We ordered a angel hair black squid ink pasta as starter, 2 mains, the wagyu burger and the pork belly.
The pasta came pretty quick but was rather disappointed with the amount of seafood that it was supposed to come with it. There was only about 4 small slices of scallops and for the price of $16, it was a rather expensive portion. Otherwise, it was quite good tasting and a good experience for my mum. Was her first time tasting black squid ink pasta (she is a fan of Chinese food rather Ang moh stuff haha).

Both our mains came out at the same time and we share both portion. The burger came out a little overcook for me but the taste was still amazing, juicy and that fragrance. Wow! Inspire me to try do something about my homemade burger as well.

The pork belly dish was something interesting. The taste was nice but if the top layer is a little more crispy, it would have been great.

After we were done, Dan gave us the dessert menu and we ordered a tiramisu to share. Yummy yum yum! It had that orange zest to it and was so light in the cream. My mum, who really is not a fan of all these Ang moh food loved it too! Portion was bigger than what I had expected but then again at the price, I am not complaining.

I went to the restaurant, expecting the worst from service and food. In the end, besides some items not really valued for money, everything else was great. Expensive, agreed but experience was up to par.

Will I go again? Sure. I think it is a nice place for a girls hangout night and perhaps to try their other desserts as well.

Visited June 2014
Hi agneschong, thank you for your detailed review! We're glad you and your mum enjoyed lunch, both service-wise and food-wise. Definitely will pass your feedback on the porchetta to the kitchen team, and looking forward to see your Jamie's Italian-inspired burger creation - you must share it with us! Lovely to hear you adore the tiramisu - it's Gennaro's recipe, with orange zest and five layers of sponge soaked in coffee liquor. Next time try the creamy pannacotta - another crowd favourite. Again, thanks and hope to see you back soon x
“Enjoyable uniqur experience”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Bring a new experience to casual dining space in Singapore. Love it! The tuna fusilli is different fr others normally presented, taste is good. Apple slaw is refreshing, perfect for starter. Epic brownie was too sweet for my friends and the popcorn with it would be better if it's crisp.

• Visited June 2014
Hi Jessica, thanks for taking time to write this review. Good to hear you enjoyed the apple slaw and Jools' Sicilian Tuna Fusilli - this is Jamie's wife's favourite dish when she was pregnant! Will definitely pass the comments on the Epic Brownie to our kitchen team. Thank you Jessica and hope to see you back at Jamie's Italian VivoCity! Cheers.
Singapore
“Not what I've expected of a celebrity chef”
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Wanted italian food for dinner and tried making reservations for some of the top italian restaurants in Singapore but could not get any seatings as it's a Saturday and we tried too late, around 6pm. Not many choices left and head straight to vivo city which happens to have Jamie's Italian and modesto. Since there was no queue at Jamie's and I've never tried it, decided to enter the restaurant.

Upon entering the restaurant, I find that it was pretty dark with dim lights; too cozy for my likings as I've trouble reading the menu in the darkness. Anyway, I also find the the wait staff don't really smile except for one lady whose cleaning the table next to us.

As I want to sample as many dishes of their pasta as possible, I ordered the smaller version, which is half is the full dish. Had the linguine carbonara, the truffle tagliatelle and the Jamie's lasagne for the pasta. The breads must be ordered as they don't give bread like most italian restaurants. The pasta were rather bland and only a tinge of truffle can be sensed by my taste bud. My wife had trouble finishing her lasagne (never happened before as she's crazy about the dish).

In terms of pricing, it would be a value for money meal of the food was good, at least acceptable. But this was obviously not the case and we were truly disappointed (after watching his programs a number of times). Yes, I do know that he don't personally cook the dishes but I would expect him to at least maintain and watch the quality and the standard of the food served in his restaurant.

The restaurant does have alfresco seatings so if u are keen to have a great view over the harbour, ask for the alfresco seats. Other than that, I seriously think that the food did not managed to meet my expectations.

1 Thank alanyeo76
JamiesItalianVivo, Manager at Jamie’s Italian – VivoCity, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear alanyeo76, thank you for your review - we're sorry to hear you were disappointed with your recent dinner at the restaurant. We've passed your comments to the team, and would love to speak to you personally to follow up, if you'd so kindly email your details at jisocial.vivocity@jamiesitalian.sg. Thanks again alan, and hope to hear from you. Cheers.