1,617 results
All reviews asia square heavenly bed seasonal tastes infinity pool cook brew downtown mrt marina bay spg member sea view the financial district lau pa sat business hotel cbd area floor to ceiling windows lobby lounge construction site satay
Reviewed 30 June 2016

My feeling was that all staff at this amazing and beautiful hotel were honestly pleased and happy to greet you and help you. From the Valet team to the female manager at Seasonal Tastes (she was always there, breakfast, dinner) Shaik, the Concierge, was my star, made me feel so special and his suggestions for us to enjoy the city were right on.
I had stayed one night at Marina Bay Sands prior to arriving to the Westin Singapore, and I thought that is all you need, as I felt I was staying at a water park, and not a hotel, no peace whatsoever...the Westin Singapore is the hotel for real service, peace and escape.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Nilma C
Lance_J_Ourednik, General Manager at The Westin Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2016

Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and truly appreciate the positive comments you have for our team including Shaik Shidek, Assistant Manager, Concierge. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Singapore again for another amazing stay soon!

Reviewed 30 June 2016 via mobile

The beds, as ever, are near perfect and the bathrooms are huge. My room also had a fab bath tub in the window. Lots of space for makeup, lighting in the bathroom good, hairdryer a little weird but it did work reasonably well.
However, I find the choice of food from in-room dining to be poor. I asked for a gluten free Asian meal and the dish I was provided with was the worst meal I have had in 15 years since I went gluten free. Insipid, no flavour. I had to complain to 3 people to have it taken away. A big disappointment from this usually great brand.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business

Thank you for your feedback and we are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We have also taken note of your comments for In-Room Dining and will review it with the Executive Chef accordingly. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Singapore for another rejuvenating stay soon!

Reviewed 27 June 2016

I stayed in the Westin for 6 nights, 7 days on a official trip and I am very pleased with the services and facilities on offer. I will write this review split across various aspects as follows:

Location
This was the biggest plus for me as far as the entire trip is concerned. Hotel is located in Asia Towers, which was right next to my office. Hotel is easy to reach and in the heart of what I assume to be the CBD of Singapore. Once you reach the foyer, there is always someone to receive you and help you with the luggage once you get out of the taxi, call and hold the elevator to reception. The check in process was smooth and was welcomed with a refreshment drink. Priscilla was nice and warm. One issue was that my luggage did not reach my room in a timely manner and I had to request Priscilla to look into it. That resulted in a little anxiety.

Room:
To reach the room, we need to use the access card to punch in the relevant floor in the elevator, which was new for me. The room was large and spacious with one of the most comprehensive in-room facilities I have come across - mood lighting settings, large king sized bed, study table with stationary, wardrobe with iron and ironing boards, satellite radio with docking station among many things. The bathroom was huge with a bathtub and shower room. However, room allotted to me lacked a decent view (to be fair, area in front of the vanity mirror did have a blocked view of Marina Bay).
I would like to point two issues with the room, which I faced - There was no one who escorted us to the room to take us through the various amenities it had to offer. Because of this, we discovered the water kettle and in room facility of making tea or coffee late into our stay.
Second was that the washbasin was not draining water properly and kept on being clogged despite holding the level to drain the water. I raised a complaint with the hotel before leaving for office. When I returned, I enquired from Priscilla at the reception about the status of my complaint. She checked with the back end team and informed that it was taken care off. However, when I checked the basin again, the problem had not been rectified! I raised the complaint again and they sent one of their technicians to look in to it, who said that repairs can only be completed the next day. It was upsetting to see that wrong information was conveyed to the guest. Did not expect it from an establishment like Westin.

Hotel:
The property is well maintained, beautifully furnished and tastefully done to suit a wide variety of expectations. Up until a couple of year ago, I assume that it was sitting on a prime piece of harbor front estate. However, that were ruined because then construction started taking place right in front of the hotel, which blocked the awesome views this hotel had to offer. The infinity pool is huge and again, boasted of some great views, but now, we sadly have to compromise by seeing construction workers going about their job in the nearby towers. It also becomes very noisy during the day near the pool because of this. An interesting facility on the poolside is small structures inside the water, which pump out water jets - not unlike a Jacuzzi which was fun to lie down on and relax. Also, the there is a bar next to the reception on 32nd floor, which offers some awesome views of the bay, and it is open for all the guests. You can just sit and watch the caravan of ships moving into port, doing their usual shippy things and leaving. At nighttime, it was particularly beautiful. In addition, on a single evening, there was a pianist playing beautiful piano for a couple of hours. That was memorable for me.

Food:
I had breakfast buffet every morning of my stay and hence had a fair idea of the morning offerings. The biggest plus I noticed was how they have oriented their entire menu towards healthy eating. All of their juices had eliminated sugars from them. There were several options for health conscious. However, for a glutton like me, there were several heavy items on the course to keep me satisfied. The best items for me were definitely there croissants. I could never have enough of those! However, one thing, which needs to be clarified, is what does a guest have to do ensure that they get a seat close to the glass panes, which offer awesome views of the bay and port? On the first few occasions, I was denied a seating there despite requests, stating that they were already reserved. Later on, I got those seats. So, I do not know if it random allocation or at the hotel staff's discretion. In addition, having been to the lunch buffet of Westin, Bangalore (India) several times, one disappointing thing to note was that the pot roast of chicken on offer in the morning was left cold on the table, no heating mechanism and with no one attending to it. This does not happen here in Bangalore, where someone is always there to keep it warm, and serve to the guests as well.

Staff:
Staff was warm, courteous and efficient in their responses to the guest queries (barring the incident mentioned above). They will try to make you feel right at home. Special mention to the Westin Service Express - their dashboard for intercom. I found them to be most responsive and took great initiative when I raised a complaint for my washbasin issue.

Verdict:
I will definitely like to visit Westin again, but only after a couple of years, once construction around it has completed. I would have gladly given a 5 star rating, but a couple of incidents took out a single star. Thank you for making my stay a memorable one!

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
Lance_J_Ourednik, General Manager at The Westin Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2016

We really appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback following the recent stay and are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your 6 nights with us; particularly being conveniently located near to your office and the infinity pool on Level 35. As for the delay in sending your luggage to the room and the poor drainage of the wash basin, we sincerely apologize for the miscommunication and for any inconvenience caused. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Singapore for another memorable stay, as well as to enjoy our Eat Well Menu again to maintain a healthy lifestyle and for a better You! Thank you!

Reviewed 25 June 2016 via mobile

Wonderful rooms! I stayed quite high up in the building so the view was amazing. Service was impeccable and the infinity pool was beautiful, even though water temperature was quite cold.
I didn't even want to go to my meetings in the mornings, but just stay at the hotel.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
Lance_J_Ourednik, General Manager at The Westin Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2016

Thank you for your feedback and we are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us; particularly the level of service provided by our team, as well as the infinity pool on Level 35. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Singapore again soon!

Reviewed 21 June 2016

We had a an excellent stay at The Westin Singapore, relaxing and quiet. We were celebrating our wedding anniversary and Father's Day. We were upgraded to a higher floor and we had excellent view of the city, a nice personal touch from the hotel and also given some sweet dessert. The room is spacious and modern in design, comfortable bed, staff polite, welcoming and helpful. Love the pool and the view. Will definitely return to stay again.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Lance_J_Ourednik, General Manager at The Westin Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2016

Thank you for your feedback and really delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay and had a memorable celebration at The Westin Singapore. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back on another special occasion and to enjoy a rejuvenating experience again soon.