“New 3 star holiday inn express experience”

Holiday Inn Express Singapore Clarke Quay
Ranked #52 of 319 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Everything was new in this hotel with green concept thrown into it. The corridors at the room levels (2 - 7) are all outdoors, which is green considering saving having to have air condition along these corridors. The room was new but a tad small. Typical holiday inn express amenities without the minibar. Wash basin tap water is like a trickle (As they use the water filter to save water). A shower area without bath tubs. If you require additional amenities like shaver, you got to collect it at the reception like all other holiday inn express that I had stayed before. There are trolleys for you to push your bulky luggage to your room (typical of holiday inn express). Overall, it is a new and green hotel. With the price of close to SGD$200 (inclusive of taxes/charges), there may be other hotels that you may consider. Location is great as it is at clark quay and you can have lots of night activities (beer, drinking, eating) in that area. The entire hotel is wired up with wifi for up to 4 devices per room. It is also walking distance to china town and other tourist locations.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank TC N
SingaporeClarkeQuay, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Singapore Clarke Quay, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear TC N

Thank you for your review and for staying with us at Holiday Inn Express Singapore Clarke Quay. I am delighted you enjoyed the location of the Hotel and its proximity to Clarke & Robertson Quay.

The Hotel has been awarded Platinum status for Benchmark Green Awards in Singapore, and with some of our features such as external corridors we help to reduce the environment impact in a small way.

Holiday Inn Express is a select service hotel that offers you everything you need and nothing you don't; whilst we don't have bathtubs we have a rain shower and a 3 phase shower in the bathrooms; the fridges are provided in the rooms for you to keep your own items should you require this - all our rates also include free WIFI and free Express Start Breakfast giving you extra value especially with WIFI as you can use a number of devices at the same time all inclusive.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Planned my stay here at Holiday Inn Express Clark Quay to fulfill my BIG WIN promotion but was mislead by the staff and I failed to qualify for it. Corresponded with the IHG rewards via email but they refusing to share the fault of their staff and I was forced to swallow this failure on my own. Upon paying, the staff retained my credit card as I made my way to the airport. I had to make a u turn to collect my credit card which was very much inconvenient. I'm planning to switch to another group of hotel operators (probably Hilton, Concorde or Pan Pacific) because I'm sure pissed with how IHG handled my case here.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank klyong2502

Dear klyong2502

Thank you for your review about your experience with us, I am very sorry to read your comments and disappointed I was not able to speak with you prior to your departure and understand about the communication you had with our IHG Rewards membership centre. I would be grateful if you could contact me so I can further investigate with our corporate office on this issue. Please could you contact me via info.sincq@ihg.com

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Clean? Tick. Friendly helpful staff? Tick. Comfy bed? Tick. Great location? Tick. Room service? NO. Exciting breakfast? NO. 3 days later, the breakfast was EXACTLY the same. One guy who'd been there for 10 days, said it hadn't changed in all that time. No restaurant either. You have to go out to eat or dial out for takeaway. Not ideal.......but there are loads of places to eat fairly close by.

Room Tip: I think the ones facing the main road are better
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
SingaporeClarkeQuay, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Singapore Clarke Quay, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Dear liz t

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to review us; I was very pleased to read you enjoyed the service and the quality of the product at the Hotel. We are a select service Hotel and the Holiday Inn Express concept aims to provide our guests with a hassle-free stay with the comfort and convenience of great rooms, great location, free Express start Breakfast & free Wi-Fi - all at a value price.

Our Express Breakfast Bar includes four hot dishes (2 international & 2 local ), cold selection - 3 cereals, fruits, yogurts, bakery selections with danishes , muffins, croissants, white & wholemeal toast. Hot drinks include tea, speciality coffee & chocolate. For the convenience of our guests, we have the Grab & Go option as well.

We do have a range of snack items available at the Bar serving 24 hours a day and there are some great restaurants in the local area at Clarke & Robertson Quays.

Look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

A convenient hotel in the Clarke Quay area. Walking distance to Clarke Quay and Chinatown attractions.
At the time of this review, an adequate breakfast and fast internet were provided free, however that may not last. A collection of rubbish channels on the TV. Rooms are small.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing out, otherwise you may end up with a view of a wall.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ayidth

Dear Ayidth

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to review us, I am delighted you liked the location and enjoyed our free Express Start Breakfast and WIFI. I am sorry you didnt enjoy the selection of TV channels in the Hotel; we cover all key categories of channels including news, movies, entertainment... We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Stayed two nights here. Very clean hotel and nice staff. 40M long swimming pool on the roof is great! Fantastic location and high tech feel.

Room issues: Thermostat controls were difficult to understand, had to keep resetting the temperature due to lack of information on how to set and hold the temperature. TV set popped on in the middle of the night, TV remote would not shut it off, had to unplug it from behind the panel. Shower temperature was cold, found out on the second day they had plumbed hot and cold backwards on the shower handle. Room safe was insecure, it was in a removable dresser drawer. Management addressed issues overnight in a friendly manner. So they rescued my experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank John K

Dear John K

Thank you for your review and for staying us with us; once again I am really sorry you had a couple of technical issues with your room but I am glad we helped rectify these and you enjoyed the remainder of your stay. Appreciate your feedback as its helps us to improve the service we can deliver to our guests. Look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Holiday Inn Express Singapore Clarke Quay has only been open 2 months and is in excellent condition. The first floor holds the lobby and the restaurant area in an open setup. Large windows creates a fresh atmosphere. You can eat breakfast both in and outdoors. The rooms are Holiday Inn Express size, thus smaller than in more upscale hotels, but they service their purpose and delivers real value for money. The large windows in the rooms creates an open environment. The location is great since you easily can walk from Clarke Quay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank johan6688

Dear Johan6688

Thank you for your review and for staying with us at Holiday Inn Express Singapore Clarke Quay, we really appreciate your comments and that you understand the Holiday Inn Express brand and that we offer you great value in a great location. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I was about to book a hotel when I read this....how right you are about the sales manager Jason. We are travelling from the US and now moving through South East Asia.....having stayed at multiple Hol Inns throughout the US, this has got to be the worst experience in Clarke Quay Singapore. The dude is downright rude and unaccommodating, never been talked down like that before - shocking. In the US, I'd take this up with the IHG group but being in a foreign land, I am told by my wife to just shut it. The rooms are ok, everything else is alright.....but this guy takes the cake.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
SingaporeClarkeQuay, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Singapore Clarke Quay, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Socal1980

Thank you for your review on the Hotel and I am glad you enjoyed your stay at the Hotel; however was extremely disappointed to read your comments about Jason. I would be grateful if you could contact me personally as I see you are a first time tripadvisor reviewer.

Many thanks