Holiday Inn Express Singapore Clarke Quay
US$336
US$238
Panpacific.com
  • Pool
One Farrer Hotel & Spa(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$219
US$192
Park Hotel Clarke Quay(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$174
US$116
US$274
US$213
Carlton Hotel Singapore(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$211
US$161
Marina Bay Sands(Singapore)
US$529
US$367
MarinaBaySands
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Changi Airport(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$192
US$169
  • Restaurant
Marina Mandarin Singapore(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$213
US$287
US$125
US$98
2,207 results
All reviewsrooftop poolclarke quayrooms are smalldiy laundryhi expressminute walkwalking distance to chinatownmodern hotelshort stayfree breakfastthe breakfast areanoodlesbars and restaurantsnight lifestayed here for nightsmrt stationsbreakfast spread
Reviewed 6 August 2014

An excellent Hotel with excellent staff. Modern decor and the rooms small but functional. Roof garden, pool and gym all good. The included breakfast was incredible and easly the best I have experienced. Free fast WiFi. Not close to Public Transport so Taxis are the go unless you stroll to Riverside and local Mall. Would recommend and would stay there again. Only negative was lack of dining for lunch or dinner and the Eat in Delivery partners where below par.

Room Tip: All good but higher floors preferable.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank trapperphil44
SingaporeClarkeQuay, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Singapore Clarke Quay, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Trapperphil44

Thank you for staying with us at Holiday Inn Express Singapore Clarke Quay and for taking the time to review us. I was delighted to read you enjoyed your visit and in particular your comments regarding the excellent staff, modern decor, pool and your great feedback on breakfast. I have noted your feedback regarding the 'Dine In' Restaurants who work with us and we are constantly reviewing them. Look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Had a brilliant stay at the hotel from check-in (which was completed on my phone before even arriving at the hotel, allowing me to choose the room I wanted) right up until check-out (I had to leave a night earlier than planned and the hotel refunded me pro-rata for the rest of my stay)! The service in the hotel was excellent, with the staff answering any question I had (like where the best places to eat in the area are).

The location of the hotel is brilliant, down a quiet little side street, only a five minute walk to the Clarke Quay or ChinaTown MRT stations. Clarke Quay is about a two minute walk away, offering many dining and shopping options, with a 7-11 about a minute walk away from the hotel. The hotel is two stops away from VIVO City & Sentosa Island, and only requires one interchange if travelling by MRT from the airport.

The rooms were well cleaned, had universal power points, the wi-fi was quick (and free) and the televisions had numerous channels (in many languages). The bathroom was an adequate size and quite modern. The bed was extremely comfortable!

One of my favourite things about the hotel was the mini-garden on level four and the rooftop garden, pool and gym! Was brilliant being able to have a run on the treadmill, open up the blinds and gaze over the whole of Singapore! The other great thing was the free breakfast, which was basic, but constantly replenished. Another brilliant feature was the laundry room which was SG$6 per load.

Overall I would say the hotel was of much better quality than any of the regular Holiday Inn's I frequently visit in Australia and I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I would reccomend level four facing Magazine Road.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank BenL94

Dear BenL94

Thank you for staying at Holiday Inn Express Singapore Clarke Quay and giving us a fabulous five star review.

We are delighted you totally got Holiday Inn Express as a brand and being a select service Hotel where we give you the services you need and the ones you dont with great value. Thank you very much for your comments on the team at the Hotel and delighted you enjoyed the pool, gym, breakfast, cleanliness and the room.

We were very sorry to see you leave a day earlier, and look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

The location is great, in the city. The hotel is quite new, tidy and friendly staff are around to help. The breakfast is good and very tasty. A lovely view from the rooftop, with a swimming pool and garden to relax and stroll. Outside the hotel it is easy to catch taxis to get from place to place.

Room Tip: Get a room with a good view of the city from the window.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Sal8760

Thank you for staying with us at Holiday Inn Express Singapore Clarke Quay and for taking the time to give us a fantastic five star review! Really delighted you had a great time with us and enjoyed the Express Start Breakfast, swimming pool, location and the friendly team!

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We were pleasantly surprised with our stay at the hotel and would definitely recommend it! The main spot was the rooftop pool/Jacuzzi with a lovely view over the city skyscrapers.The room we stayed at was very clean, serviced every day and priced at a very sensible level for Singapore. We asked for a top floor and the staff quickly accommodated the request.The location is very convenient (short walk to China Town station) so we had no problem getting here from the airport as well as while visiting the city. Breakfast has a reasonable choice, offering both western as well as Asian dishes. We left with a very positive impression about the hotel!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Monya00

Thank you for staying with us at Holiday Inn Express Singapore Clarke Quay and for taking the time to give us a review.

I was really pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and that the team was able to accommodate your requests for a high floor, and that you had a great time experiencing the swimming pool and jacuzzi on the roof top. Appreciate your comments on the breakfast.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

I have previously stayed in Furama City Centre Hotel (2 blocks away), and I am used to free parking and hearty breakfasts there.

Recently, I noticed this newly-opened IHG hotel nearby, so I decided to try it using 20000 points.

During check-in, the reception was only manned by 1 male staff, and he was very cold and did not smile. He seemed inexperienced, and was rather confused by my award booking, which had caused a line to build up.

When I arrived at my room, it had a view of the common airwell, and the opposite room, not a good start. I am forced to keep my blinds shut throughout for privacy reasons. The room itself while typical HIE standard, it smelt dusty possibly due to improper cleaning after renovating the room.

Breakfast spread was very poor, consisting of chinese beehoon, some bread, and tasteless sausage (made up of almost 100% flour). And there is noone controlling entry to the breakfast area.

==>> I even saw a Chinese man with an office briefcase getting out of a taxi, slipping past the reception staff, and going straight for the breakfast spread! I observed him for a while and saw him leaving by the back after eating quickly. He sure did not look like a hotel guest. I highlighted it to the reception staff, and he simply pretended not to understand what I am saying.

During check-out, I asked if I could get a parking coupon, and was said there is no such privilege. I was charged S$60 for parking, which was a shock considering competing hotels (ie: Furama City Centre Hotel) nearby are offering parking for free.

I felt like I have wasted my IHG 20000 points here. The staff could not care less about outsiders freeloading on the breakfast. COME ON, I was the guest, and I took the trouble to highlight it.

Maybe the hotel owner will get to read this review, to know how he is losing money on a daily basis, by the very incompetent staff he is paying good money to employ.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room with city views
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank newzl

Dear Newzi

Thank you for staying with us and giving us your feedback; I was disappointed to read your review of the Hotel from your stay with us in May. Please accept our apologies for the welcome you experienced and the issues you highlighted.

Holiday Inn Express Singapore Clarke Quay is a select service hotel offering great value by including free WIFI and free Express Start Breakfast in all our rates; as with a number of hotels in Singapore we are unable to provide free car parking, this is stated on our website as well at the car park itself.

Understandably, everybody does not look for the same set of services in a Hotel. Had we known about your expectations, we would have been more than happy to recommend you to our sister properties in our locality. We do take both positive and negative comments from all our guests very seriously and we can assure you that we will continue to strive to deliver what our guests expect form us.

We sincerely wish your experience with us was a better one but we do hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in future.

Thank you for your loyalty as an IHG Rewards Member.