All reviews little india common room budget hotel quad room dhoby ghaut roof terrace dorm room watch tv no window your luggage tea coffee lounge area air con late flight mrt station enjoyed my stay visiting singapore
Reviewed 14 June 2017

We stayed here for one night in a double room. Our room was basic (as advertised) but clean, modern and had excellent air conditioning (a must in Singapore!!). Wifi was reliable with good speed. Breakfast wasn't brilliant but did the job. Location wasn't bad - a ten minute walk downhill is the Little India metro station, where most of the main touristy sites are within a 15min ride away. The hostel was generally quiet, but a number of small children stayed at the same time as us, and they occasionally ran around the halls being noisy.This isn't your typical hostel - if you come here to meet other travellers and socialise this may not be for you. One suggestion would be for management to put more tourist/backpacker information in the lobby, and perhaps offer a map on the reception desk. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bumble_beeszzz
hangoutm, Customer service at hangout@mt.emily, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2017

Thank you for choosing Hangout@mt.emily as your choice of accommodation in Singapore! We will definitely look into how we can better provide more printed information for our guests. Hope to see you again when your travel brings you back to Singapore!

Reviewed 12 June 2017

It was my first time visiting Singapore, and I really enjoyed it. My friends and I stayed there for 2 nights. The rooms were clean, and the breakfast was nice. The location is good which takes about 5 minutes walking to Little India MRT Station. The Staff were friendly and so helpful. I can say that people living there, are so great. As it's our first time, we were so hard to find the direction. Luckily, they are glad to give a helping hand. We met a very kind person. She taught us how to use the electronic machine to buy the MRT tickets, and took us to the hotel. We really love her, and wish we could meet her again. Anyway, I will choose this hotel as my first choice when visiting Singapore next time. Love it...!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends

We’re glad that you had enjoyed your stay with us at Hangout@mt.emily! Thanks for taking time to share your feedback with us and hope to see you again!

Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

We arrived in Hangout@Mt.emily 3rd of May 2017,and we stay until the 22nd of the month. It was never the same. I see a lot of new faces in the reception desk, feels a little odd. One morning I tried to take the breakfast, and it was really never the same. The food that they have is not really pleasing to a guest. Breads and a few choices of spreads like strawberry jam, peanut butter and butter, cereals, coffee from the machine, tea and green apples. It used to be a very sumptuous one: omelet, sausages, fruit cocktails, fried rice and fruit juices. Seriuosly? Why? I believe that one of the best reasons why hangout has won the hearts of the tourists especially the ones who are travelling on a budget, is the breakfast, next to the cleanliness and well-maintained hostel facilities. It is sad to know that they have this kind of breakfast buffet now. I hope they would do something about it soon, or it might becone too late to redeem their former and loyal guests. After taking the breakfast once, I did not bother to wake up early again to repeat the same disappointment in the morning.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
4  Thank jillbert c
Management response:Responded 9 June 2017

Hi Jillbert, we’re saddened to learn that the breakfast did not meet your expectations. We treasure each and every of our guest’s experience with us. Your feedback has been brought up to the management for review. Thank you for choosing Hangout Hotel during your stay in Singapore!

Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

Very clean and perfect for what we needed, it's very basic (but they don't claim to be anything more than that). It's in a good location, short walk into the centre. I'd recommend to anyone looking to explore Singapore without paying an extortionate amount for the pleasure!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 9 June 2017

Hi Nicola, thanks for choosing hangout@mt.emily as your preferred accommodation and see you back here when your travels bring you back to Singapore!

Reviewed 20 May 2017 via mobile

CONS:
Breakfast is basic (prefer to eat outside)
Sofas in the common area are not maintained, it has stains on it.
Walls are too thin, can hear people outside and from the inside of the room
There is an odd smell in our room, like sewage smell. I don't know if this goes to other rooms as well.
Have to climb a heap of stairs to go to the MRT station but is near to Little India Station

PROS:
Our triple room was big enough for us including the bathroom.
Nice view from the outside, lots of greenery.
Ambience of the hotel/hostel is laid back and generally quiet.
Staffs are nice and accommodating
There's a laundry room which was really convenient
Air conditioner is cool
Cool and modern design
Super fast complimentary wifi

Stayed: May 2017
1  Thank X L
Management response:Responded 9 June 2017

Hi X, thank you for choosing Hangout@mt.emily as your choice of accommodation! We strive to provide a clean and safe, yet fun and affordable accommodation. We take your feedback seriously and will look into improving to provide our guests a better experience with us. Hope to see you again soon!