All reviews little india common room budget hotel quad room dhoby ghaut roof terrace dorm room watch tv no window your luggage tea coffee lounge area air con late flight mrt station enjoyed my stay visiting singapore
Reviewed 15 August 2017

We had to rebook our accomadation on the day as our travel mucked up our original hotel booking for the wrong dates. We used Expedia and the whole process was very easy. We didnt realise it was a Hostel Motel but were very happy.
Guy on reception extremely helpful and friendly and gave good local advice.
We originally had a shared room with our 13 yr old but changed to add extra room to give everyone space! Water was provided, showers good, amazing roof top views and lounge had free coffee machine, tv on local english speaking channel. Free basic breakfast which was adequate.

Room Tip: some rooms do not have windows
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

The room I stayed in at The Hangout was small and had no window. There was no television, which was annoying, though I was told that there was a common room with a television and complimentary tea and coffee. I only stayed one night and didn't spend much time there. It was hard for the taxi driver to find since it was tucked away. However, the room was clean and the staff helpful. I asked for a wake up call at 4:30 AM and not only got one but had a follow up call at 5:00 to make sure I'd actually had it. That was impressive. The water was heated and the ac worked.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 July 2017

It is a very clean hotel with small rooms. There is good wi-fi but no telly and that kind of sums up their approach with their tagline "No frills, just fun". I found it a bit spartan but the staff were very friendly and helpful. Great place for the backpacker, I would think!

Room Tip: All seem quite similar
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 July 2017

My partner and I arrived at Hangout with a small tour group and were checked in to a double room for 3 nights. Although it was an inside room with no window I thought the room was very clean, spacious, quiet and with bottles on water on arrival. They have great WiFi all throughout the hotel, free continental breakfast (unfortunately no fruit or pastries though), washing machines/dryers ($5 each) with free washing powder, a common room on the second floor with 3 computers with free internet access, a tea/coffee station free as well, a big TV, plenty of lounges and charging spots! We had a late flight out so they allowed us to store our bags and all day access to the common room to chill out until our airport shuttle ($9 per person). The hotel is perfectly located close to the Little India MRT train station and to usual foodie spots like McDonalds, KFC and Starbucks, however we chose to eat at the Peace Centre Food Court. Cheap ($4-$10), easy and authentic Chinese/Thai/Japanese food that I would recommend to anyone on a budget.If I was to come back to Singapore I would highly suggest Hangout at Mount Emily.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 25 July 2017

Hi Brooke,
Greetings from Hangout@mt.emily!
We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us!
Thanks for choosing hangout@mt.emily as your preferred accommodation and see you back here when your travels bring you back to Singapore!

Reviewed 14 June 2017

We stayed here for one night in a double room. Our room was basic (as advertised) but clean, modern and had excellent air conditioning (a must in Singapore!!). Wifi was reliable with good speed. Breakfast wasn't brilliant but did the job. Location wasn't bad - a ten minute walk downhill is the Little India metro station, where most of the main touristy sites are within a 15min ride away. The hostel was generally quiet, but a number of small children stayed at the same time as us, and they occasionally ran around the halls being noisy.This isn't your typical hostel - if you come here to meet other travellers and socialise this may not be for you. One suggestion would be for management to put more tourist/backpacker information in the lobby, and perhaps offer a map on the reception desk. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bumble_beeszzz
hangoutm, Customer service at hangout@mt.emily, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2017

Thank you for choosing Hangout@mt.emily as your choice of accommodation in Singapore! We will definitely look into how we can better provide more printed information for our guests. Hope to see you again when your travel brings you back to Singapore!