All reviewslittle indiacommon roombudget hotelquad roomdhoby ghautroof terracedorm roomwatch tvno windowyour luggagetea coffeelounge areaair conlate flightmrt stationenjoyed my stayvisiting singapore
Reviewed 26 August 2017

I come to Singapore often and this place will be my go to place from now on! Let's start by saying Agoda messed my booking up so when I arrived and got to my room it was NOT the one I had booked. However the nightmare turned quickly around due to their amazing staff who were extremely kind, understanding and accommodating and gave me the room I thought I had booked which was an upgrade for no extras, all with a smile and positive attitude towards my distress. I was so pleasantly surprised! The location is amazing we walked pretty much everywhere from here, there are some great dining options near by, it's central to everything! Little India, marina bay, orchard rd... Perfect for city exploriers. awesome hangout and community center vibe Kult Kafe right next door, met.emily park only steps away with a kids school and playground that filled up at 4pm with kids which was a huge plus for my daughter and for me! The rooms are simple, no frills just fun ;) , but everything you need and more and very clean and well maintained, we stayed in a double with en suite. The roof top is awesome and the veg out room is beyond fully equipped with all chill out needs including a free coffee machine and verandah.It was really PERFECT. I only would suggest they revise their pictures on Agoda because they don't match the rooms (in my experience) and add eggs to the breakfast but anyways a 5 star stay here for us!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 27 August 2017

Dear Familyofnelipots,
We are glad that you had an enjoyable stay!
Thanks for choosing hangout@mt.emily as your preferred accommodation and see you back here when your travels bring you back to Singapore!

Reviewed 20 August 2017

We had a clean and very simple family room with a nice view. We arrived very early in the morning and we could hangout on the 2nd floor until we could get our room. The staff was helpfull and nice. The breakfast is rather poor. The beds a little hard. Nice rooftop terrace. Good value for money in Singapore.

Room Tip: Family room - ask for room with window
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 August 2017

My girlfriend and I stayed here for a few nights, the staff were extremely polite and helpful, from travel to food. the room are clean and cater for the average backpacker well.The bathrooms were also modern and clean, for someone from the UK it was nice to have a western style bathroom.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2017

We had to rebook our accomadation on the day as our travel mucked up our original hotel booking for the wrong dates. We used Expedia and the whole process was very easy. We didnt realise it was a Hostel Motel but were very happy.
Guy on reception extremely helpful and friendly and gave good local advice.
We originally had a shared room with our 13 yr old but changed to add extra room to give everyone space! Water was provided, showers good, amazing roof top views and lounge had free coffee machine, tv on local english speaking channel. Free basic breakfast which was adequate.

Room Tip: some rooms do not have windows
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

The room I stayed in at The Hangout was small and had no window. There was no television, which was annoying, though I was told that there was a common room with a television and complimentary tea and coffee. I only stayed one night and didn't spend much time there. It was hard for the taxi driver to find since it was tucked away. However, the room was clean and the staff helpful. I asked for a wake up call at 4:30 AM and not only got one but had a follow up call at 5:00 to make sure I'd actually had it. That was impressive. The water was heated and the ac worked.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends