“Clean and comfortable stay, but not so ideal location”

Harbour Ville Hotel
Ranked #225 of 319 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Good things:
1. Clean room with no funky smell
2. Comfortable size and bedding
3. Friendly staff: offered to give me same room for two different Agoda booking, allow my friend to check in upon arrival with verifications, requested for extra pillows and toiletries

Things to improve on:
1. Wifi: although the stated wifi portal cannot be identified, another wifi named "cisco" can be connected without password (called multiple time to resolve but to no avail)
2. Shower: not hot at all
3. Design of the bathroom door: lined with mirror, without lock (not private)
4. Missing bottle: after the room was made, my half bottle of drinking water was nowhere to be found (which I purposely keep in the room)

Things to consider:
1. Location: no mrt within walking distance; it has a bus stop nearby for you to take a bus to head to town but dark at nights (safety alert)

Room Tip: Double room toilet cannot be locked and visible from room due to mirror lining around the toilet doo...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Hitomi5

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Our agency picked up this hotel for us and even if I read the reviews, they insisted it was ok. By arriving there we realized that everything we read was completely true. This is a horrible place that I would never recommend. Maybe if you are staying just one night between flights, but not more than that. The rooms are dirty and very very small, you cannot get into the bed on both sides. There is no space for that. The bathroom again very ugly and dirty, as other reviews mentioned before, indeed the shower is somehow over the toilet. The breakfast area is again really ugly and awkward. There is not much to eat either...2-3 jam jars and everyone would use the same knife ... The staff is ok, but it doesn't matter much under these conditions. This is a place that should be avoided and definitely not a 3 stars hotel. I would say 2 and i'm nice by saying that.

Room Tip: The best tip is: do not go there!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sim E
Reviewed 17 July 2014

we stayed for 2 weeks here and to be honest we really enjoyed our stay.yes the rooms are small, yes it seems a bit out of the way,yes after 10 days i was tied of the breakfast but for the price it is value for money.if you research around the area you will find 2 hawker centres not to far away, $5 taxi, bus trips to vivo city approx $1.60 and harbour front centre next door, both malls have lots of food and shopping outlets, taxis easy to flag down but at peek time get desk to order one, costs more but faster.staff where very good and as time went on and they got to know you even better.
One thing hotel could do is to put together an info pack re what is close by ie eating places especially traditional hawker centres.
You get what you pay for and this hotel is exactly that, on a budget it is very worthwhile staying there,
We would stay again for sure....any hotel that has windows that open is always great....you can actually feel and smell the city....

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank 25952Graham52
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I am writing this from my room in the hotel now.

I was forced to stay at this hotel by my university to save money. What a disappointment! It is in the middle of nowhere, requiring around a SG$2 bus fare (30 minutes) to get to places like Clarke Quay and Singapore Management University. The room is very tiny with no room to unpack, barely any room to walk around in a straight or upright fashion, nowhere to store things except a 2.5ft rod, a crap, wall air conditioner, very few channels come in on the TV, no clock in the room, and no blankets (just a sheet on the bed). The hallways lack any air conditioning and the the gym has units that do not work. Indeed, the gym is nothing special with a combined system and some free weights, the treadmill does not work. On my third morning I was awoken at 7am to what could be described as a helicopter on the roof of my room (I am in the top floor). It took about 20 minutes to get it sorted leaving me up from the adrenalin and cortisol raging through my bloodstream. If this was my money and I had the freedom to leave, I would simply check into a new hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We stayed 2 nights with my family, satisfied with their service.

I like 1. Supportive & Friendly Staffs 2. High speed wifi Internet in Room & waiting hall 3. Coffee Maker 4. Room maintenance 5. Neat Bathroom 6. Very near to Sentosa,Vivo city 7. Good Family Hotel.

Staffs supported for everything and cool persons. Late night, Avoid spending time at lobby, you may see people as like other reviewer said, but it wont disturb at all.

Room Tip: all most all rooms are recently painted (june 2014) and very neat.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank RasuR
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We stayed at the Harbour Ville on a trip to Singapore for two nights. It is a "boutique" hotel located a bit west of central area not far from Chinatown, and is decently connected to the buses and 15 minutes from the SMRT. We did not use the facilities. There was some dodgy activity with some (presumed) prostitutes in the lobby but didn't really impact our stay. Room was small, but it fit the bill since we weren't in the hotel very often. The bathroom has an awkward semi-transparent glass door that doesn't fully fit the door frame - awkward if you want privacy. Staff was friendly but I would recommend researching further before booking here - we booked it because of cheap rates that we couldn't get in central Singapore.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank davidmydavid
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We booked this hotel since it is within a good distance to our client's office. It's a basic hotel with minimum facilities. It's just a 5-minute bus ride to Vivo City and the Harbourfront offices.

The hotel is clean although a bit small. Staff is friendly. Good enough for a budget hotel when you're just staying for a couple of days. They have good wifi reception, at least on the side of our room. This is a plus for us business travellers.

Breakfast was not so good and never changes everyday. If you're on a budget, ok to get the breakfast but sometimes we'd rather buy food outside.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business