It is a very nice hotel for a short trip to Singapore but with some restrictions:
- perfect design of the rooms and the lobby/entrance – it is a cool hotel but like in all hip hotels you have to make compromises
- clean bathroom and well equipped rooms (Flat Screen TV with HBO, Nespresso Coffee machine, complimentary Mini-Bar)
- friendly staff
- very good hotel-bar – cool design and good drinks (cheap happy hour from 5 pm to 9 pm)
- only one minute walk from hotel to subway – from the station two lines leave to all directions in Singapore – every attraction is within reach of 10 min; Vivo City only one stop!
- We had a room in the back of the hotel pointing to the houses on the other side of the small street. All the houses on the other side of the street had directed their air-conditions to the hotel which made a lot of noise. Because the hotel-windows are not very good isolated against noise it was nearly impossible to find comfortable sleep.
- Like it was written here before there is not enough warm water for a long shower – if you stay with two persons in the room the second one has to shower with cold water (relating to the price you have to pay for the rooms this is definitely a very bad impression!)
The hotel is very nice for a short stay in Singapore but it is not a classical hotel with all services you can expect from an international hotel brand.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Housed in a traditional conservation shop house located in the heart of Chinatown, the New Majestic Hotel features an emphasis on strong design, local culture and the Arts.From the open concept period-inspired lobby with restored vintage Compton fans to the dramatic pool with glass inserts floating above the restaurant, to the selection of period colonial furniture from Singapore in the 1920s- 1960s, New Majestic Hotel is a stunning and eclectic mix of heritage chic.Each of the New Majestic's 30 rooms is different, from the mix of vintage and designer furniture through to the customized baths. Room highlights include suites with private gardens, attic style rooms with loft beds in six-meter high ceilings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your New Majestic Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Majestic Hotel Singapore
- New Majestic Hotel Singapore
- Hotel New Majestic