“Good hotel budget with affordable price” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fragrance Hotel - Ruby

Fragrance Hotel - Ruby
Ranked #116 of 308 Hotels in Singapore
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Good hotel budget with affordable price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

This hotel have a tiny room, but i think that's enough for us because we only use the room for sleeping in the night. For travellers like us, this hotel is really convenient and cozy.
When we first arrived at this hotel, we got the upgrade room without charge apply, maybe it's because now it's the high season so their room that we already booked is in full capacity. And we got the wi-fi password without charge too, thanks Fragrance - Ruby ^^ it's really helpful. The toilet and the room is okey, have standard cleanliness.

Hotel is conveniently located near to Aljunied MRT Station (10 minutes walked) and bus stop (18 lor geylang just 5 minutes walked from the hotel). Hotel area got many varieties of local restaurant which opened until midnight. There are so many food that are available in geylang. You can choose many food in here. This hotel located in the red light district, there are prostitutes walking around, but we never felt unsafe. There is a shop near the hotel that provide many things that you need with cheap price.

It's a really good budget hotel and I think we will comeback to this hotel if we go to SG again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Cha0602

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Bangkok, Thailand
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

I agreed that the room price is really cheap in Singapore for a 2-star hotel. The price is cheap because it is actually far from the city and quite roam with laborers and prostitutes there. When I first entered the hotel, I needed to wait for checking-in since there are too many customers waiting for checking-out. It was not agile at all. By the time I get in the room, it looked pretty good at a glance. When I turned my eyes to the bed, it was all covered with fallen hairs and some curly one that look like a pubic hair all around the room. It seemed like the room was used to finish an activity and left the mess all around. The bed was not make up and the towels were on the bed. More than that, the last customers even left two cups of coffee for me to see as a momentum. I needed to tell the receptionist to make up my room when I went to downtown.

Room Tip: Ask for discount coupons to the main attraction in downtown. I got 15% discount on boarding the Sing...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Tony_Yeung

Travellers are raving about these Singapore hotels

Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

I agree with what most users had to say about the rooms -- it was very tiny and basic, but for the price that we paid and considering what other hotels in Singapore are charging, it was indeed a very good deal. The walls are very thin however, so if you're a very light sleeper, wear earplugs! ;) What was important to me was the cleanliness anyways. We booked through Agoda and check-in was quick and efficient. We had no problems, even with our very late check-in.

Aljunied MRT station is about 10 minutes walk away from the hotel (and I'm a very slow walker). Hotel is conveniently located to many local eateries (my favorite being the Muslim Indian restaurant right at the corner! Ahhh curry!!), shops, fruit stands...we never had to stray far.

Located in the red light district, there are prostitutes walking around and some gambling going on, but we never felt unsafe walking around even at night. It was a fun experience and much more exciting than staying downtown I bet ;)

Service from the front desk staff was excellent. They answered all our touristy questions (which I'm sure they heard a bajillion times by now) always with a smile.

I would also like to commend their front desk manager (he wears a black shirt, tall and tanned!). He offered us prompt and warm service. There was a huge tour group monopolizing the front desk staff at one point and we had been waiting at the front desk for 15 minutes shyly on the side. He quickly spotted us and had one of his staff members assist us to keep us from waiting. Now that's good team management!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Maria K
Indonesia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

The room is quite small.. we have to packed our luggage on the bed. But the room itself is quite clean. I surprised the room provided hair dryer as I know this is a budget hotel.

For the bathroom.. the shower area is really small but clean. But what do u expect for an affordable rate in singapore. Hotel area got many varieties of local restaurant which opened until midnight.

The nearest MRT aljunied is takes about 15 to 20 mins walked. If u stay for 1 or 2 night this will be ok. But if u stay for a week its better to learn about the where is the bus stop n bus rute instead of mrt.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Devon,
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

I stayed here for one night on a stop over from London to Singapore. The hotel was lean, convenient and modern. I could not fault the location or the lobby and bar. The staff were friendly and helpful and the rooms were modern even if a little small. I would stay again

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank denirokeane
Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Nothing much to say about this hotel. It is definitely small with narrow passageway. But there is a lift, so it's easy to carry your luggages. Accessible by bus. Around 15 mins to town. No car park n you can't really stop by the roadside as it's a busy road. Easy to get food. All in all, if you just want a clean place to rest for the night, this is ok.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Surat,India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

Well its ok,nice staff,and not that costly compare to others in singapore,Near by airport,so good for person travelling alone.This is red light area,but not any disturbance,if you are ok.
I f you stay here for business than its going to be difficult,if you like to save money than every time you can travel by public transport.Hotel is near by all public transport facility.
If you are a vegetarian than its difficult for you to find food nearby areas.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip