“Fine if you're not fussy”
Review of Sloane Court Hotel

Sloane Court Hotel
Ranked #267 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 9 July 2014

So this is a very cheap place for Singapore, especially so close to town. Don't expect any mod cons like a fridge in your room but if all want is a bed, air con, and a shower, this place will do the trick. Very very basic and dated, but clean and value for money. I'd come back again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank jenlong10

Reviewed 11 April 2014

Last minute booking at airport was to see us here. Close to most things in Singapore that I wanted. Room was very tidy and comfortable with a quiet nights sleep wanted and that's what I got. Breakfast was just what the doctor ordered and was served with a smile. Thanks again and You will see me again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank BobMarn101
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I needed a hotel room for a one night stopover in Singapore, unfortunately the dates were during the Formula 1 race weekend. All hotels incur a levy and the room rates are ridiculous during this period.
I had looked at most websites and managed to find this nice spacious hotel, close to the city.
After reading mostly negative reviews with this hotel, I thought I would give it a go and make my own mind up.
I only have positive words to say about this hotel. It is a family run old fashion business with big spacious clean rooms. The rooms are air conditioned with modern units, the bathroom is basic but more than adequate for size and cleanliness.
Now the hotel closes it doors between 11 pm to 6 am for security reasons. If you require access between the closed times, there is a door bell and a staff member is promptly there to let you in if you are a guest. As to the lady on the reception desk which some travellers have complained about, she is more than helpful and could not do enough for me. I must say she is a straight shooter who treats people accordingly. If you are rude, expect the same in return.
This hotel is basic but very comfortable and good value for money in Singapore especially considering single pod capsules were going for 100 dollars with shared facilities. Don't expect a Sofitel when you are paying a fraction of the price.
I will stay at this hotel again, no questions asked. To any other travellers this hotel is definitely a good option especially for the price.

Steve Rigney
Darwin N.T
Australia
September 2013

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
9  Thank aussiechinaman
Reviewed 13 September 2013

I have all good to say about this hotel. I stay here regularly. It's convenient for walking to Orchard Road (main shopping road in Singapore), train station (10 minutes), in a delightful leafy district, 5 minutes from restaurants and supermarket.
Besides that, it has character - the sort you find in England, with ladies, a family who have been running the hotel for 40-odd years. There's nothing artificial about them. Their rules are strict, certainly, but they make you feel safe. And if you take the trouble to get to know them, they are delightful. As for the comment on fire doors, this is absolutely not true, as the Singapore government is very strict about such measures.
I love sitting in their large garden under the trees. It's a rare amount of space in Singapore to enjoy. A breakfast there is always a treat. Come and join me - I'm there often and as a writer, find it a good place to hide away and write.

Room Tip: Rooms either on the ground floor or upstairs are both fine.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank PositiveTraveller_11
Reviewed 2 September 2012

It was midnight and we were searching for somewhere to sleep. There was an event on in Singapore and our options were Sloan Court for S$159 or two other hotels at S$800 and S$1400. We opted for Sloan Court and after some initial misgivings we were happy that Sloan Court provided clean, good value accommodation with friendly service in a safe residentail area within walking distance of Orchard Road. Certainly it is a no frills hotel, but our room was spacious, clean and airconditioned. We ate at the restaurant before going to the airport on the second night which was reasonable.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank BrianTB_12
Reviewed 11 May 2012

The hotel receptionist is very unreasonable. Apparently, no visitors are allowed after 10.45pm. My daughters wished to visit my wife and i to celebrate Mother's day , and was interrupted by the receptionist. She was a middle-aged lady. When my daughters visit us, she keep on calling every minute to chase them away. She even locked all the doors with padlocks, if there is a fire, how will the customers escape? I asked my daughters not to leave first as i can send them back to their hostel after we are done with cutting the cake (mother's day celebration). The receptionist actually went and call for the police and say there has been a serious dispute between the unreasonable customers and her. It wasn't a big matter as i have chose to send my daughters back since the time is already pass 12am. But she insisted us to pay for my daughters even though they didn't stay at all. But after the police's explanation, only then she insisted that my daughters to leave the immediately as she didn't want to see their face. How can she said that? I am really disappointed with this hotel service. When i checked in with another receptionist, she was nice and kind. But this receptionist who is in-charged for the night, she was really unreasonable. I am planning to lodge a complaint soon. Those who wish to stay there, please, think twice.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
16  Thank JackNad
Reviewed 10 March 2012

This place is not safe. The staff lock all the doors at night with padlocks, including the fire doors. The rooms have burgular bars. If there was a fire everyone would DIE.

Room Tip: Don't get a room unless you can get out in the event of a fire
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo