“Great Staff and good location”
Review of Hotel 81 - Sakura

Hotel 81 - Sakura
Ranked #210 of 319 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 21 February 2014

After the days of the Orcharde Parade going for $98 in 2008-09, the rate shot up. Lucky to get for $200 nowadays..So the search was on for a regular at a realisic cost.

At the airport hotel rez desk I ended up at Sakura 81 for $50 - give it a shot down at Joo Chiat, the old gangster territory in the ealry days. Today a classy area.

What a treat, great staff, it's not a noisy 'short time' place like a lot of 81's.
Excellent food in the area. They are up to $79 these days but with free good quality wifi, it works for me....Better tv channels than some places.

Room Tip: 4th floor back in a corner
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Ozzy O

Reviewed 18 February 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights overall. Staff were friendly and responsive to my requests. Room and bathroom were clean. Size of room was relatively spacious than expected, so v.good value for money. Although nearest MRT station is quite far (30-40 mins one way) there is SMRT bus-stop 5 min-walk from hotel. Bus frequency was 10-15 mins and provided access to several MRT stations Dakota, Lavender, Bugis). Only inconvenience was wireless internet was very slow. Staff tried to help but there was no improvement. I finally gave up using wireless internet in room and resorted to using internet cybercafes and free wifi in coffee-shops. I check-in early and check-out at odd hours. Hotel staff were very accomodating. If wireless internet capacity is improved then highly recommend to stay here.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

I was on a business trip and brought my 3 year old along with me. The staff were very nice and kind. I didnt have any issues with anything at all nor have any problems with the room. Thank you Hotel 81 Sakura for a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

I've made a phone enquiry to ask about the types of room (standard or superior) on level 5 of this hotel as I've stayed there before and it's much quieter.. Wanting to make sure that I'll book the right room as I'm doing it online.. The staff named SHALI has definitely done a great job in helping me.. He not only explained to me the different type of rooms available on level 5.. He even went an extra mile by telling me that I can just make a booking online first.. Call him back when it's done and he'll block out the room for me.. And this will definitely ensure that I'll get the room of my choice.. I truly appreciate the service that he has provided especially since its only via phone.. You've definitely done an excellent job Shali.. Thank you very much.. :)

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

my house was under renovation so i stayed there for a couple of nights.. it was afforable, staff was friendly.. and the service was there.. food was all around the corner.. roomz is small but its definetly cosy.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank nikivelvert
Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

I would definitely recommend this hotel for short stays in Singapore especially if you are looking for a place to rest at night after a busy day in the town...
It was very easy to book directly through the hotels website and you are not charged until you check in at the hotel
We stayed in the family room 501... The room was very clean and bathroom was clean as well.. There was the basic necessities such as the toiletries and the tea and coffee maker ...
There is aside variety eating places around the hotel and it is close to the katong mall and park way parade
The hotel is just a 15-20dollar cab ride from the airport and is 20 mins walking distance from Paya Lebar MRT which is on the circle line...
The hotel also provided free wifi for 4 devices free of charge
I would recommend the hotel as it is great value for money...

Stayed: December 2013
5  Thank Shenali G
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Room to value is very good. Desk clerks were excellent and very accommodating. We really enjoyed our stay and will recommend this hotel to all our friends headed this direction. William and Alvin were very pleasant and are a great benefit to your company.

Ray and Sylvia Moore