“Sweet and comfortable stay for one week.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel 81 - Sakura

Hotel 81 - Sakura
Ranked #195 of 306 Hotels in Singapore
Manila, Philippines
“Sweet and comfortable stay for one week.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

We stayed there for almost 7 days. I went on a vacation there since my boyfriend lives there in Singapore. The hotel was very clean and comfy. They clean the room everyday. The hotel smells good. Everything was good. Close to hawker centers and all. I wanna go back to hotel 81 on my next visit.

Room Tip: Corner room
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lee Anne M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

Arrived after midnight & stayed in this hotel ($25 taxi ride from the airport) during a brief stopover. Out triple room was clean and functional (no window) but for the price charged (in expensive Singapore) we thought it very reasonable for a bed for the night.. We played tourist during the day (MRT 15-20min walk) leaving our checked out luggage with the friendly staff & were most impressed & appreciative when upon our return were given the opportunity to have a quick shower & freshen up before leaving for the airport. A real treat! Would certainly visit again should we need similar brief accommodation enroute in our travels. Tip : Hotel 81 is a hotel chain so ensure it is the Sakura you are booking into.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Benita R
Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

We chose this hotel as we only needed it until our late evening flight home after our cruise
Friendly staff and the hotel is neat and tidy. There are plenty of little eateries nearby and we enjoy a little bit of old Singapore in this area

Room Tip: We were given a room that looks onto the street but there are other internal rooms in the building
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank CruisersAustralia
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

After the days of the Orcharde Parade going for $98 in 2008-09, the rate shot up. Lucky to get for $200 nowadays..So the search was on for a regular at a realisic cost.

At the airport hotel rez desk I ended up at Sakura 81 for $50 - give it a shot down at Joo Chiat, the old gangster territory in the ealry days. Today a classy area.

What a treat, great staff, it's not a noisy 'short time' place like a lot of 81's.
Excellent food in the area. They are up to $79 these days but with free good quality wifi, it works for me....Better tv channels than some places.

Room Tip: 4th floor back in a corner
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Ozzy O
Tokyo, Japan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights overall. Staff were friendly and responsive to my requests. Room and bathroom were clean. Size of room was relatively spacious than expected, so v.good value for money. Although nearest MRT station is quite far (30-40 mins one way) there is SMRT bus-stop 5 min-walk from hotel. Bus frequency was 10-15 mins and provided access to several MRT stations Dakota, Lavender, Bugis). Only inconvenience was wireless internet was very slow. Staff tried to help but there was no improvement. I finally gave up using wireless internet in room and resorted to using internet cybercafes and free wifi in coffee-shops. I check-in early and check-out at odd hours. Hotel staff were very accomodating. If wireless internet capacity is improved then highly recommend to stay here.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Hungary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

I was on a business trip and brought my 3 year old along with me. The staff were very nice and kind. I didnt have any issues with anything at all nor have any problems with the room. Thank you Hotel 81 Sakura for a pleasant stay.

• Stayed August 2013
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

I've made a phone enquiry to ask about the types of room (standard or superior) on level 5 of this hotel as I've stayed there before and it's much quieter.. Wanting to make sure that I'll book the right room as I'm doing it online.. The staff named SHALI has definitely done a great job in helping me.. He not only explained to me the different type of rooms available on level 5.. He even went an extra mile by telling me that I can just make a booking online first.. Call him back when it's done and he'll block out the room for me.. And this will definitely ensure that I'll get the room of my choice.. I truly appreciate the service that he has provided especially since its only via phone.. You've definitely done an excellent job Shali.. Thank you very much.. :)

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple