“Canary Bar is Singapore's hidden gem”
Review of Grand Park Orchard

Grand Park Orchard
Ranked #89 of 314 Hotels in Singapore
London, United Kingdom
“Canary Bar is Singapore's hidden gem”
Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

I just wanted to say what a fabulous evening we had at the Canary Bar. Shahri Buhari and his fabulous team were so hospitable and made us feel very special the whole night. Being welcomed with a glass of Veuve Cliquot on this stunning rooftop bar is pure decadence. The atmosphere and surroundings are elegant but relaxed. We loved the DJ and his music which was perfect for the lively crowd. We wanted to extend our thanks for making our friend's birthday such a special occasion and certainly one to remember.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
GMGPOR, General Manager at Grand Park Orchard, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Dear 5starforme, thank you for helping us tell the world about Bar Canary. Truly delighted. I am very happy that we made your evening a great one and your comments will definitely be passed on to Shahri and his team. Thank you sincerely

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (331)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Whatever I have to say, Coolskin8 said it all. The only point I want to add is that the complimentary wifi is so poor!

Someone mentioned pool? What pool?

Expensive and very, very disappointing. Will never stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
GMGPOR, General Manager at Grand Park Orchard, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Dear lucascyl, thank you for sharing your feedback with us and I am sincerely sorry, for providing you with a negative experience during your recent stay with us. I offer no excuses, just my sincere apologies. Just fyi, we are improving the wifi situation within the hotel very soon. very disappointed to know that you will not return but we will definitely learn from this and improve. Thank you
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 January 2014

This hotel is certainly not a 5 star and is a poor 4 star at best. I chose to stay in this hotel for 5 nights as I wanted to be in the centre of Orchard and because it seemed like a bit of a fun hotel from its website and other reviews.

I found the hotel staff to be exceptionally cold and unhelpful. I arrived after a long flight to an unclean room and when I requested a room change, this process involved me doing the majority of the hauling of my luggage to a room which was not much cleaner either. The cleaning staff have had zero / very poor training so I don't blame them personally: I blame their management.

I returned to my hotel with a colleague at 11:30pm one evening hoping to enjoy a drink at the bar, but we were informed the bar had closed at 11pm (this was a Thursday). Needless to say this killed an otherwise enjoyable evening.

The room itself was dark, had a small work space and a ridiculous shower, which seemed as though it had really been made to be a garden hose and not a shower. There was no hook to have a hands-free shower. The walls and furniture were marked and the room never cleaned to a good enough standard.

With such a bad feeling at this hotel, I chose to spend as little time there as possible, so I did not dine there once. The pool existed but was pointlessly small so I did not feel excited to make use of it.

The location was the best thing about this hotel and for this reason a massive sense of complacency seems to be at play in this hotel. It was an expensive stay and one I will not repeat.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
GMGPOR, General Manager at Grand Park Orchard, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Dear coolskin8,your feedback on your recent stay is truly appreciated. I am disappointed that we failed this time, in providing you with a positive experience. Your points have been addressed with the respective depts. We clearly dropped the ball and although, not indicative of our usual levels of service, I am sincerely sorry. We are planning to improve the lighting in the room, as gathered from our feedback, which I definitely positive. I am rather surprised as to the bar closing time, as our bar always close at 1am on weekday and 2am on weekends. Nevertheless, I am truly sorry for the experience you had.
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Stayed here on 4th January 2014 for a night. The best thing about this hotel is the location which is like half a minute from the main shopping streets. Excellent choice if you're gonna be shopping the whole day and you wish to drop the shopping bags for MORE shopping and if you wish to take a quick bath before going for a dinner along the road.

I must say the total experience during my short stay there is positive. They upgraded my room though without the use of club facilities. Pointless upgrade, except for the room which is at higher floor. I don't know, maybe the room size is larger than non club floors. Nevertheless, the size is small. Do not expect anything large, but hey this is Singapore. Clean rooms, clean bathroom and its amenities.

The only negative thing about this short stay was the fact that the aircon wasn't working. I thought it needed a long time to cool the room which is why I left my keycard in the slot till I returned at 10pm to a warm room. Called in the maintenance guy who got it fixed within 10 mins and within an hour the room was cold again.

All in all, a pleasant stay and if you're looking for decent hotel with excellent location, look no further!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear ericgiotto, at the outset, please accept my sincere apologies for the negative experience with the aircon. The issue with your particular room has been addressed. Thank you for choosing to stay with us post New Year and I am delighted to know that it was generally a positive one. We wish you a great 2014 and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
PARIS
Reviewed 6 January 2014

- Location
- Confortable rooms
- Beautiful furniture, moder

- Tiny rooms
- Over expensive breakfast( not particularly good breakfast, nothing special, and 35dollars with tax per personne
- Unpersonnal

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear Khayat k, thank you for choosing to stay with us in your most recent stay and for sharing your feedback. We do value feedback, especially negative ones as they form the basis of our constant improvement. Your negative comments, specifically about the breakfast and the point of feeling unpersonal, will be addressed with my team, for improvements. Thnak you and we definitely look forward to being of service in the near future.
Tegal, Indonesia
Reviewed 6 January 2014

This room of the hotel is great, the breakfast is much various type and all delicious. The minus of the hotel is only one, the Swimming pool is very small and no Children Club. But for all this hotel is great in location and facility. the price also good too.

Room Tip: corner room is far from lift but more space.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
GMGPOR, General Manager at Grand Park Orchard, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear C_Augustino, thank you very much for sharing your positive feedback and I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Appreciate your positive comments on our breakfast. We have been taking steps to improve, taking into consideration the various feedback previously posted and I am glad that the improvements are seen by guests like yourself. Thank you once again and we hope to be of service to you in the near future.
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

My husband and I just had a lovely four day break here. The hotel is conveniently placed on Orchard Street, and at Christmas time the lights are spectacular. The hotel is clean, the meals are really good, and the rooms are spacious. The staff are very welcoming and extremely helpful. We had a room with disabled facilities, that is a wet room roll in shower. I would stay here again.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Roryhamish, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Delighted to know that you had an enjoyable 4 days with us and sincerely appreciate that you will stay here with us again. I am aware that there are many other hotels to choose from and am truly thankful that you will choose us again. Your comments will certainly be shared with my team and we look forward to being of service to you in the near future.