“Boutique hotel with small cafe”
Review of Grand Park Orchard

Grand Park Orchard
Ranked #87 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
Hong Kong, China
“Boutique hotel with small cafe”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The hotel is ok just as the hotel website shown. Lobby and room are pretty, we stayed here for business so location is good.

One shortcoming is that the cafe (restaurant for breakfast) is very small. In the morning we need to go to Mandarin Orchard on Orchard Road to have breakfast.

So for convenience sake, next time I will stay in Mandarin Orchard instead.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
GMGPOR, General Manager at Grand Park Orchard, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Minion326, thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your feedback. I am disappointed to read that we did not live up to your overall expectations, specifically on the size of the restaurant. the size of the restaurant here is suited for the number of rooms in the hotel and I can understand where you are coming from, that the Mandarin Orchard has a bigger restaurant, in line with their 1000 over guest rooms. Thank you truly again, for staying with us initially and although I am disappointed that you will not stay with us in the future, I am hopeful that you will change you mind one day soon. I look forward to that day

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (330)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We were on a family holiday and I have two kids 13 and nineteen so we wanted to be close to the shopping malls. It's bang opposite some of the best malls. It's a new property and the rooms are nice . We reached around 7 pm but one room was not ready and we had to wait for half an hour. I had asked for adjoining rooms but didn't get them the first night . The next five nights we did , with a minor upgrade . The gym was basic but served my needs. Free Gatorade . The housekeeping staff made minor topping up mistakes on a few occasions . My son loved the hotel. Oh, one of the great utilities was a free mobile phone in each room with unlimited international calling to 27 countries and free local calling and free 3G. You can also create a hotspot for your other phones

• Stayed June 2014
GMGPOR, General Manager at Grand Park Orchard, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear vishal_lalani, thank you for sharing your review of Grand Park Orchard. Please accept my apologies, at the outset, for the negative experience with regards to the readiness of one room and the housekeeping standards. Feedback is truly appreciated and taken seriously here. It will be addressed with my team to ensure improvements in our service levels. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed the benefits of the HANDY smartphone. Thank you once again for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to your next stay.
Chiba, Japan
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed at Grand Park Orchard again during my recent trip back to Singapore.Everything was great and as usual. The receptionist recognized me and gave me a warm welcome back greetings - great to feel that! I noticed that the room seem to be brighter, maybe something has been done to it. Enjoyed staying here, as always!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank shiqi2506
Dear shiqi2506, thank you for returning to stay with us again, very much appreciated. Guest recognition is vital in our nature of work and I am happy to know that we did just that. It is not only a sign of good service but one of value and appreciation, for our guests that choose to stay with us. You are right indeed, we have improved the lighting for the guest rooms. We have not completed the entire hotel but in time to come, it will. This project was initiated, from listening to all our guests feedback and taking them seriously. Thank you sincerely once again for returning and for sharing the feedback with all of us.
Auckland New Zealand
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Selected this hotel for location and as it had a pool. No way would I use the pool. The area the pool was located in was impersonal as there was a bar attached and people drinking at the bar were having meetings and the pool was clearly visible. Not an ideal situation when on vacation.

The Wifi was dreadful which caused me issues as I had to carry on with my work while travelling. Our room was not serviced on one of the days we stayed. They give a big pitch when you check in about providing a free mobile phone so you can call home free... Shame it didn't work and after advising on day 1 & 2 of it not working, after our 3 day stay it still didn't work! So much for customer service!

For a high end hotel this was lacking in many areas. We would not stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Torana2
Dear Torana2, thank you sincerely for sharing your feedback on your recent stay with us. We take negative feedback very seriously and appreciate it very much. I am sorry to know that we did not live up to your expectations, in terms of the pool design and location. I will investigate in to the inability to use the smartphone as it is very rare occasion and will rectify it where necessary. I am truly sorry but truly appreciate you sharing with us, as it can only lead to improvements. Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and I hope that we might be able to be of service in the near future.
Kuala Belait, Brunei Darussalam
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

I chose this hotel for My family to stay mainly due to the strategic location its in. check in was very efficient and the receptionist was very friendly. Other than free wifi in all rooms we were provided with a free 3g phone with unlimited data usage and free international calls to 27 countries. Room is spacious. Close to mrt orchard station. A recommended hotel for everyone.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
GMGPOR, General Manager at Grand Park Orchard, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear kar2904, thank you very much for your wonderful feedback on your recent stay, truly appreciated. Delighted to know that you will recommend Grand Park Orchard to everyone. Yes, we are the only hotel in Singapore to make available the HANDY smartphone to all guests. This was part of our efforts to continuously improve our offerings and value to our guests. I am happy to know that enjoyed the benefits of the free overseas calls. Thank you once again and we look forward to your next return.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 14 June 2014

My bf and I booked the hotel between 24-26 May as a staycation to celebrate our 10th anniversary.

Location:
The hotel is situated in the central of Orchard Road. It is only a minute walk to the Paragon Shopping Centre & Ngee Ann City. For cheaper options, Lucky Plaza is pretty near too- so food & shopping are not a problem.

Another 5 minutes to Cineleisure if one would like to catch the latest movies in town. The Cathay cinema at Cineleisure offers Platinum Movie suites which are really cool - it's like the "First/Business Flight Cabin Class" for movie theatres.

Transportation:
To commute to other parts of Singapore, the hotel is pretty much in the middle of Orchard & Sommerset MRT stations, which takes about 10 minutes walk.

Hotel Service & Staff:
Upon arrival, we were directed by friendly staff to the club floor for check-in. It was pretty smooth. We reserved the deluxe room, but it's a little too small for us. We thought we should treat ourselves to a bigger room since it was meant for a special occasion.

The club floor manager, Elinna, attended to me and i explained to her I needed an upgrade to the premier room, even if it meant that I had to top up for it. She offered me a complimentary upgrade instead of charging me - it was indeed a very nice gesture and I appreciate it a lot. She provided a professional service and on top of that she was personable and amiable.

The club lounge butler, Alam, was extremely helpful and friendly. He had this "fatherly" feel and made us feel comfortable at the club lounge, enjoying the snacks and cocktails.

In general, all staff were pretty friendly and would greet us whenever they saw us with a friendly smile.

Hotel Room:
The premier room was very well maintained and clean. It was considered spacious for a premier room in Singapore (since we are such a tiny little dot on the world map and space is constraint). Love the bathroom. Not much view but it's alright for me and my bf. Bed was comfortable and pillows were great (some other hotels provide pillows that are really quite flat and that gave me headaches while sleeping, and for that I had to call for more pillows to get the right height). There was also a smartphone provided with complimentary 3G services and free local/ international calls. We didn't use it since we are locals and it wouldn't make much difference to use our personal phones anyway.

Club lounge:
a decent offering of snacks and food during the cocktail session in the evening. My bf and I had quite a fair bit until we were too full for dinner >,< the club lounge is comfortable and the view overlooked the Mandarin Gallery and Ngee Ann City.

Breakfast:
The club lounge also offered breakfast, but we decided to head to the main breakfast cafe instead as there were more offerings.The spread was decent & reasonable and food was good. I would say it was within expectation.

Overall Experience:
Lovely service from the staff and the premier room was pleasant. Thank you for making our 10th anniversary memorable and sweet. :)

Room Tip: If room size or a good bathroom is important to you, please opt for the premier room.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear syteng, thank you so much for choosing to stay with us to celebrate your 10th anniversary and I am truly delighted to know that we played a part in making it a positive one. All your positive comments are truly appreciated and it has been shared with my team, especially Elinna and Alam. Thank you so much once again for sharing with us and we definitely look forward to being of service to you in the near future.
Bali, Indonesia
Reviewed 13 June 2014

From the reservation untill the check out, everything was perfect. Thank you Bob for your precious tips and hospitality. Thank you Richard to arrange the birthday cake of our 6 year old daughter. Thank you Ryan for your hospitality. Everyone was helpful and welcoming. Really appreciated the services. Great location, in the heart of Orchard. Highly recommend to our friends. We will come back.

Room Tip: Reactivity and Hospitality.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear ALRYBO, your wonderful comments on Bob, Richard and Ryan have been shared with them. Thank you very much for sharing with us the positive stay that you had. I am delighted that we played a part in making your stay a memorable one. Thank you once again for sharing and looking forward to your next return.